Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw this tweet and I feel like the second slide can definitely apply:

'performative allyship'

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I do think she took it from Genflow (for stats concerning BND & Shreddy). She loves seeming woke and being an ally so hard that if there was any POC on their team she would've showed them off already. As for Tala I'm not sure. In the comments under BND's post, there's a lot of ppl arguing how BND just states "people of color" and doesn't specify what races. Usually ppl who are performative do miss a lot of these info, details bc they're not honest (esp like the 2% missing statistic what the duck).

Reactions: 1
To me this just sounds like she’s invented the stats tbh
Guys grez went to oxford so clearly she knows her numbers. I think you just need to stop being a hater towards this #girlboss rn.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
'The way Grace cares is selective too imo and if you called her out on it, she would probs lash back and get angry instead of try to fix herself.'

Yep - I called out the irony of her calling it 'our protest' on her story from inside her multi million £ house whilst there are people fighting the real fight, taking away from the BLACK voices we are supposed to be centering. She changed the caption on her story claiming it was a a typo and then actually DM'ed me calling me a 'sad person' and a 'hater' and damaging her mental health - I kid you not she genuinely called me a 'hater'! I had previously sent her 4-5 other messages saying how tasteless it is to be posting boxes of gifted food every day during a pandemic when there are people far more in need who the food could be sent to, and also called her out for hiding the #adgifted in her stories so they are barely visible - not very ethical advertising. I literally worded it exactly like that (except with a few more !!!'s) and apparently those criticisms are spewing hate. She said I don't know her and only know the snippets she posts online - I pointed out that every single thing I had said had been in response to something she had posted, not a personal attack!!! She even said that her and her friends like to laugh at my messages and find it funny how i have 'extreme reactions to the smallest things' - I think that just ultimately shows how she really just doesn't care about these issues.

She really must have lived a very comfortable life without ever being challenged about any of her words and actions if she truly thinks that constitutes hate - I guess it's just an easy cop-out to avoid having to reflect or admit wrongdoing. It would really help her gain some perspective if she actually hired/was close friends with anyone from a different background - not just POC but people from different socioeconomic backgrounds too. If I hadn't worked minimum wage jobs til I was 22 or made different friends at uni I'm afraid I would have been much more similar to her! I used to really like her and I still use her bands, but honestly I'm reading back her replies to my message and she actually is quite nasty when I never once made it personal.

(I found this page after receiving her DM a couple of days ago looking to see if anyone else had also had one - so glad I did, the stuff about Genflow etc is really eye opening!! (but not surprising lol))

Edit: I was trying to quote from the post above but I'm not sure how to do it sorry!
could you screenshot her reply?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Miss vegan sustainability queen now has some nice new Balenciaga's to show off on insta too! PrEOwNeD apparently. As if that makes a difference when you're flashing overpriced designer shoes you know are on trend to your 1m followers as an influencer 🙄 the hypocrisy is on another level with this woman! Also, what sort of vegan would WANT to see trainers made from these materials?! Not to mention the Chinese workshop they've come from considering she's all about human rights (oh wait - her brands also use Chinese workshops nevermind) 🙄🙄🙄

Attachments

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Miss vegan sustainability queen now has some nice new Balenciaga's to show off on insta too! PrEOwNeD apparently. As if that makes a difference when you're flashing overpriced designer shoes you know are on trend to your 1m followers as an influencer 🙄 the hypocrisy is on another level with this woman! Also, what sort of vegan would WANT to see trainers made from these materials?! Not to mention the Chinese workshop they've come from considering she's all about human rights (oh wait - her brands also use Chinese workshops nevermind) 🙄🙄🙄
you KNOW she didn’t buy those preowned. good lord she thinks everyone else is dumb

Reactions: 15
I love how now that Grace has posted a few days of BLM content, screenshots of all her donations, and went to one protest, she thinks she has done her due diligence and can go back to posting her thousands of pictures and videos of her saggy butt and her 99.9% white Tala team.

She’s making it really obvious now that she never cared for the cause, only the publicity it could bring her. Absolutely not surprising for someone living a life of extreme privilege.

Reactions: 12
I thiiiink she's including Genflow employees as I believe the founder and a lot of Genflow's employees are POC. I'm literally just assuming because like you guys have said it seems to me that all of grace's personal hires are young white women. However, I'm sure there are lots more people who work behind the scenes that we don't know about so I might be completely wrong
She definitely is. When I was a fan, and attempted to use the Shreddy app, someone from her Customer Service got back to me and had a photo attached and she was black. Since it’s Shreddy I’m pretty certain she’s employed by GenFlow. Quick insta search and grace doesn’t even follow this girl 🙃
But hey, her and all her staff are sooooo close

That pleather outfit is insanely ugly??? And if you scroll through the comments everyone is like “omg that ‘fit 🤤🤤🤤” I just do not get it....

Reactions: 6
you KNOW she didn’t buy those preowned. good lord she thinks everyone else is dumb
Yeh buying ore owned trainers is ridiculous, it’s not like a handbag

That pleather outfit is insanely ugly??? And if you scroll through the comments everyone is like “omg that ‘fit 🤤🤤🤤” I just do not get it....
I thought exactly the same, it’s very emperors new clothes. I bet it was really expensive too

It annoys me how she kept saying how 'broke' she was after her buying her house and renovating it, mentioning "the chemical peel was £12,000 which was very expensive but so worth it". But she actually has SO much money that she could easily afford this stuff, and travel south america for 2 months on top of that. Every single thing in her home was expensive. The bar in her 'babe cave' was £900 and she said she "went cheap" at that stage because of how much everything else was costing. The necklaces she recently put links to on her instagram stories were £500 each. In the past few weeks she's bought a hot tub and had it installed, and now she's sporting £700 balenciagas. Why can't her followers see that she is so detached from reality. I really hope people can see through her BLM activism. There is nothing sincere about her. I also wonder if she has many genuine friends because she only seems to do things with her tala colleagues so she can post a story saying how close they all are, and she didn't seem to have many friends at uni.

Reactions: 24
It annoys me how she kept saying how 'broke' she was after her buying her house and renovating it, mentioning "the chemical peel was £12,000 which was very expensive but so worth it". But she actually has SO much money that she could easily afford this stuff, and travel south america for 2 months on top of that. Every single thing in her home was expensive. The bar in her 'babe cave' was £900 and she said she "went cheap" at that stage because of how much everything else was costing. The necklaces she recently put links to on her instagram stories were £500 each. In the past few weeks she's bought a hot tub and had it installed, and now she's sporting £700 balenciagas. Why can't her followers see that she is so detached from reality. I really hope people can see through her BLM activism. There is nothing sincere about her. I also wonder if she has many genuine friends because she only seems to do things with her tala colleagues so she can post a story saying how close they all are, and she didn't seem to have many friends at uni.
me and my boyfriend were broke after buying our house And some necessary furniture, bed etc that we didn’t have A dining table for 2 months 🤦🏻‍♀️

she is so out of touch with normal living.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Another new release? It’s becoming fast fashion, I mean skirts??? And a lovely set of single use plastic nails for her to model. This is the third release in lockdown how can she not classify it as fast fashion? The skirts are clearly TALA trying to capitalise on the whole tennis skirt trend that came up on tik tok a few weeks ago. How can a sustainable slow fashion brand decide to make the skirts, make them and have them ready to go in a couple of weeks? She’ll try and say they’ve been in the works for months but there’s no way they predicted months ago that tight tennis skirts would be desirable

• Angry
Reactions: 19
Another new release? It’s becoming fast fashion, I mean skirts??? And a lovely set of single use plastic nails for her to model. This is the third release in lockdown how can she not classify it as fast fashion? The skirts are clearly TALA trying to capitalise on the whole tennis skirt trend that came up on tik tok a few weeks ago. How can a sustainable slow fashion brand decide to make the skirts, make them and have them ready to go in a couple of weeks? She’ll try and say they’ve been in the works for months but there’s no way they predicted months ago that tight tennis skirts would be desirable
who wants those tacky stick on nails? Her style is so Chavy, all that gross gold jewellery 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 6
12,000 for a chemical peel?! Is that a typo?!

• Haha
Nope, I wish it was!!!! She said the price in her house update video :)
That’s obscene !!!! I am in total shock!!! Expensive doesn’t even to begin to describe that . I really feel she does lots of this just to brag to her fans it is sickening 🙄

That’s obscene !!!! I am in total shock!!! Expensive doesn’t even to begin to describe that . I really feel she does lots of this just to brag to her fans it is sickening 🙄
found it! go to 2:55

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.