Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's great that she's using her platform to spread awareness of everything happening in america right now, but considering her audience is mostly young girls in school or uni, it's a bit ridiculous to want people to donate $50+ to the BLM movement for a chance to win tala gear lmao. To be fair that's like the price of a pair of their leggings anyway but I can't imagine much of her audience being able to afford to donate that rather than just buy the clothes themselves, surely some sort of $10 raffle would have raised way more (and guaranteed she'd have to match the donations up to $5K) plus surely she could afford to just donate 5k outright?? All sits a bit weird with me tbh 🤷🏻‍♀️ if I was a big fan of hers I'd feel guilty for not donating cos I couldnt afford it but there's plenty of other ways to help out

Reactions: 9
Grace was rejected from Oxford the first time she applied (in her last year of school). She re-sat some exams in her gap year and re-applied and then got in.
Yes! If anything this shows the irrelevance of fabulous extra-curriculars. Despite all the brilliant experience Grace earned to help her become a rounded person she still got rejected for PPE! Why? Well, in part, because for all candidates there’s an element of luck but also because I can’t imagine anything a PPE admissions tutor would be less interested in than 6 years in a choir or an uncompetitive internship at an investment bank. The two things they care about are academic potential and an interest in the subject you want to study. The PPE admissions tutors clearly realised she wasn’t 100% committed to the subject and by all accounts she thrived doing music so that worked out for everyone.

I am not denying that privilege is still an important factor in the quality of an application as better schools will naturally, on average, produce better grades and better applications. Nearly everyone at Oxford recognises this but also Colleges can only contextualise grades so much.

The one thing that Colleges absolutely can contextualise, however, is extra-curriculars. Everyone understands that someone from a low-income rural comprehensive just doesn’t have the opportunity to do the same extra-curriculars as someone from a London private school. Because of this, for most subjects extra-curriculars are irrelevant and for the ones where they are relevant, what they look for is evidence of relevant extra-curriculars not what they actually are in detail.

I am sorry for derailing this into an oxbridge thing but I just felt that I really needed to put out something to try to challenge the totally false narrative that Oxford love privileged extra-curriculars - they don’t. If your reading this and thinking of applying please don’t be discouraged at all because of your background - there’s still undeniably work to be done but Oxbridge are doing great work in this area.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Some girls on the facebook group have found items from Grace's outfit in her story yesterday on In The Style and Shein. But I thought Grace was a sustainable queen?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Some girls on the facebook group have found items from Grace's outfit in her story yesterday on In The Style and Shein. But I thought Grace was a sustainable queen?
I saw that too. Could be dupes but they did look identical in the picture. I feel like if someone asked her directly, she would just ignore it if true, and lash out on them if they’re by some other brand.

Reactions: 2
I saw that too. Could be dupes but they did look identical in the picture. I feel like if someone asked her directly, she would just ignore it if true, and lash out on then if they’re by some other brand.
If she ignores the question if someone asks then that's basically a yes to it being fast fashion. The jumper is apparently Megan Grubb's range which is new, so she can't even defend that as an old purchase.

grace is a sustainable queen when it suits her

Reactions: 16
I just want to add that I don’t want to discourage anyone from applying to Oxbridge - a close friend of mine went to the same comprehensive school as me and really worked hard to do a maths & compsci degree at Ox. we had no Oxbridge advisers and now she’s doing great, probably the best of anyone I know. I was pointing out that when Grace failed to get into the comparatively more competitive PPE course, she was able to get into Oxford anyway, to do Music, because of the extensive experience she had at RCM/RAM etc. I know Oxford is breaking down its classist structures, but I don’t think it does anyone any favours to avoid pointing out that some people (e.g. Grace) use these to their advantage. Two posts is enough from me on this I think.

Do we know if anyone ever receives DMs from Grace regarding call-outs about using xyz product, or does she only ever respond to stuff like this publicly/via her stories/comments/replies?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 6.43.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 6.43.03 PM.png

At this point can somebody tell me if there is anything Grace has done on her own? (And no wonder her youtube video post announcing shreddy supplements got so much hate for seeming so scripted / not herself, bc Genflow literally writes the scripts for their youtube videos too and even researches topics for influencers apparently) Srsly do any of these people do anything for themselves im so confused. This world is toxic.

Reactions: 12
thoughts on her donation matching receipts post?
For a boss babe like her with a company that has millions in revenue, $50 is chump change. With that being said, it’s also better than nothing. She should’ve been aware that $50 is a lot to many people right now for various covid-related reasons, so it would have been nicer if she had a “donate what you can” approach rather than a “match what I just donated” energy, which could potentially deter people from donating all together.

Reactions: 9
For a boss babe like her with a company that has millions in revenue, $50 is chump change. With that being said, it’s also better than nothing. She should’ve been aware that $50 is a lot to many people right now for various covid-related reasons, so it would have been nicer if she had a “donate what you can” approach rather than a “match what I just donated” energy, which could potentially deter people from donating all together.
She posted how she has donated thousands now, but now I saw that she posted responding to someone she had to post receipts because before she used to get hate for posting receipts and this was something she promised people.

Tbf I think out of all the brands and influencers I’ve seen Grace has really used her platform positively regarding black lives matter.
Fully understood her reasoning for posting recipes when she explained. Because it can be annoying hearing people with significantly more wealth asking you to give money ((e.g comic relief) and I think, how much have you given hun.

However, in terms of her brands. Grace speaks about issues like this all the time and still majority of the content creators are carbon copies of her, and all of the staff team are young white females. It’s great that she’s speaking, but the more you speak out the more hypocritical it looks when you’re not making any actions

Reactions: 17
I think Grace has a very valuable platform for issues like this - she occupies an unusual space wherein reality TV stars (Love Islanders), fitness influencers, fashion influencers and icons, sustainability brands, and her fans (who as we know are very impressionable) all follow her. She has a very wide reach and I'm happy to see that she's using it actively for good in this case.

A bit off-topic, but I think Glossier donated 1 Million USD to various BLM groups.

I think Grace has a very valuable platform for issues like this - she occupies an unusual space wherein reality TV stars (Love Islanders), fitness influencers, fashion influencers and icons, sustainability brands, and her fans (who as we know are very impressionable) all follow her. She has a very wide reach and I'm happy to see that she's using it actively for good in this case.

A bit off-topic, but I think Glossier donated 1 Million USD to various BLM groups.
Also a bit off topic, but I noticed that Whitney Simmons' Alive workout app/company donated $10,000 to the NAACP legal defense fund. I've been using the Alive app and like it a lot, not sure how it compares to Shreddy though.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Also a bit off topic, but I noticed that Whitney Simmons' Alive workout app/company donated $10,000 to the NAACP legal defense fund. I've been using the Alive app and like it a lot, not sure how it compares to Shreddy though.
It’s SOOO much better. Sequences allow for progressive overload and the home stuff really makes you sweat!

Reactions: 4
It’s SOOO much better. Sequences allow for progressive overload and the home stuff really makes you sweat!
Glad you’ve said this I was thinking about downloading her app but wasn’t sure. I usually weight train and have a good understanding about progressive overloading.

Struggling without weights at home though so need some fresh ideas. Might give it a go!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.