Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone I know actually applied for the TALA social media role and got through to the second round (first round was just sending CV) and you wouldn't believe the amount of work she had to do for it!! She basically had to design social media strategies for 4 different types of campaign and build a whole presentation. It took her two days to complete and then she didn't get it...

But something I found really interesting was that even though Grace insists TALA and BND/Shreddy are separate companies, the TALA employee dealing with her application said 'we'll pass your application over to the team at Shreddy as there may be opportunities coming up there'.

Doesn't really seem like they are separate at all then... can't imagine applying for a job at Maccies and having them send your CV over to Nandos lol
Ugh cba with companies who sell themselves as ‘disrupting the industry’ and ‘women-led’ are treating people this way. I work in Social Media so I know how absolutely crap some companies are but the industry is really trying to get away from expecting 1 candidate to take on what should be 2/3/4/5/6 other roles! Also love how the ad was posted by Genflow CEO

Reactions: 8
I'm sorry these are so ugly. No shade to the model, but the skirts are so oddly proportioned and without the shorts underneath they can't really be used as a tennis skirt because you'll see everything when you move?

Yeah 1, when grace first hunted tennis skirts she was wearing a white one- so anticipate another launch in two weeks

Also most of the comments I saw on the post seemed to be people calling out for calling it a tennis skirt when it doesn’t function like one or have shorts

the black one is literally a school skirt, I just don’t get it 😂

Reactions: 4
Yeah 1, when grace first hunted tennis skirts she was wearing a white one- so anticipate another launch in two weeks

Also most of the comments I saw on the post seemed to be people calling out for calling it a tennis skirt when it doesn’t function like one or have shorts

the black one is literally a school skirt, I just don’t get it 😂
I don’t get any of the fan base tbh, they look cheap and the colours are awful

Reactions: 2
I’m always really suspicious of companies that ask for so much in selection stage. Like they’ve basically just had loads of applicants provide them with campaign ideas and strategies which they can go on to use giving no credit to the individuals. I do understand doing activities to see if you’re right for the role, but I just don’t trust companies not to exploit the process and steal ideas- ESPECIALLY GRACE. Then if anyone challenged her she’d be like
“I have a Harvard and oxford degree, I have been working on this idea for 10 months so there is no way my idea is not sustainable and self-thought, it isnt my fault you didn’t get offered a role, you should’ve worked harder.”
Then employs a white blonde, petite, young twenties girl with minimum 5k followers and friends with love island stars to join team.
A lot of companies do this. I remember when I was at uni applying for a load of waitressing jobs, I was called in to do a “trial” shift, the waitress that was supervising me let it slip that they were understaffed for their event. Turns out I was “trial shifting” a 10 hour shift for a busy event they had planned for months.

They let me go and never called me back again, I then realised they weren’t actually considering me, they just needed someone for the day!

I hope they don’t use the work that girl did, or she’ll feel really ripped off!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
A lot of companies do this. I remember when I was at uni applying for a load of waitressing jobs, I was called in to do a “trial” shift, the waitress that was supervising me let it slip that they were understaffed for their event. Turns out I was “trial shifting” a 10 hour shift for a busy event they had planned for months.

They let me go and never called me back again, I then realised they weren’t actually considering me, they just needed someone for the day!

I hope they don’t use the work that girl did, or she’ll feel really ripped off!!
Urgh this!! I had a trial at a restaurant where I basically worked the entire shift on my own. They took my tips off me as they’d be shared and I never heard anything back.

Grace is an absolute snake, and I wouldn’t put it past her to use these people’s ideas for her next social media launches. She’s basically ripped off tons of other activewear companies!

• Angry
I'm sorry these are so ugly. No shade to the model, but the skirts are so oddly proportioned and without the shorts underneath they can't really be used as a tennis skirt because you'll see everything when you move?

They are soooo ugly. And what is the point and their use? Seriously people buying this tit do it to be sustainable but are just filling their closet with clothes that will be extremely irrelevant one day.

I love the tennis skirt trend, I have 3 from american apparel from years ago and some from Nike, Adidas etc but the tala ones just don’t look right, they give the illusion of such strange proportions along with no shorts, branding and a huge price tag :(

Reactions: 10
I love the tennis skirt trend, I have 3 from american apparel from years ago and some from Nike, Adidas etc but the tala ones just don’t look right, they give the illusion of such strange proportions along with no shorts, branding and a huge price tag :(
the fabric just looks super cheap to me too, like it barely photographs well so it will definitely look cheap and ill fitting in person. i can’t believe all the comments on tala’s post ... y’all this tit is ugly, get out of grace’s ass

Reactions: 9
I personally feel like she is almost exploiting people who are trying to avoid fast fashion brands but really want to take part in the current trends (atm this would be tennis skirts) especially as tennis skirts on depop are going for £50+

Reactions: 7
I personally feel like she is almost exploiting people who are trying to avoid fast fashion brands but really want to take part in the current trends (atm this would be tennis skirts) especially as tennis skirts on depop are going for £50+
Especially as these products are probably made in Chinese sweatshops 😡

Reactions: 7
Am I the only one that kind of... hates these SOL skirts? Not only are there no undershorts, but the way its half fitted and then half pleated doesn't look the best to me.. I can only imagine that half fitted style working for small/tiny/petite girls
I actually really think TALA is nowhere near size inclusive as it advertises itself to be. Firstly, it's so strange that they think they're accomplishing the most by providing XL sizes when many other brands have 2XL-6XL. Secondly, it speaks volumes to me that their XL products are always in stock while all the S are most sold out, whereas in other brands everything is equally sold out. That tells me that larger sized people feel TALA is not a brand for them.

Reactions: 14
I actually really think TALA is nowhere near size inclusive as it advertises itself to be. Firstly, it's so strange that they think they're accomplishing the most by providing XL sizes when many other brands have 2XL-6XL. Secondly, it speaks volumes to me that their XL products are always in stock while all the S are most sold out, whereas in other brands everything is equally sold out. That tells me that larger sized people feel TALA is not a brand for them.
I mean I’m a size 14 (since lockdown) and would never dream of wearing that tiny skirt, would other people of that size or more?

Reactions: 1
I mean I’m a size 14 (since lockdown) and would never dream of wearing that tiny skirt, would other people of that size or more?
Size 12 here... there is no way I would ever wear a skirt like that because you would see everything

Reactions: 2
between 12-14 here, I wouldn’t wear it. I personally love wearing short skirts (my legs are quite short so I feel they make me look taller) but the material/fabric and fit/stretch of it isn’t appealing to me, like I know it wouldn’t flatter me just from looking at it

Reactions: 3
between 12-14 here, I wouldn’t wear it. I personally love wearing short skirts (my legs are quite short so I feel they make me look taller) but the material/fabric and fit/stretch of it isn’t appealing to me, like I know it wouldn’t flatter me just from looking at it
I’m a size 8-10 and even I wouldn’t wear it because it would probably be too short (long leg problems) and if no undershorts then I’d feel self conscious. Also I’d be worried that if I ate, it would go super tight because of the design. I’d rather spend the money else where even if not sustainable purely to get something that fits properly with undershorts and I can return without having to get a mortgage to do so.

Reactions: 5
Cant even wear it as an actual tennis skirt because there's no shorts underneath. Seriously, can she do anything right? 🤣

Reactions: 4
Following the above comments about size inclusivity, why have tala modelled all 3 colours on the same model inc videos on their story (wearing a size S)? All their other new releases usually show a mildly diverse amount of sizes wearing the same product

Reactions: 6
Following the above comments about size inclusivity, why have tala modelled all 3 colours on the same model inc videos on their story (wearing a size S)? All their other new releases usually show a mildly diverse amount of sizes wearing the same product
Because they’re so aware it’s not flattering on anyone above an xs. Tbh most of their clothes aren’t flattering on larger sizes as they’re all skin tight, just because you have bigger sizes doesn’t make the brand inclusive as not everyone feels comfortable wearing crop tops and clothes that stick to your body. The whole SOL launch is basically just for super petite girls

Reactions: 11
Does anyone else remember when she said that her launches take months and months of work? aren't tennis skirts a very recent trend?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.