Grace Beverley #17 working hard (in her imagination), hardly working (because she's on vacation)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
….and where does she think she’d get her customers from when making the shreddy PDF’s if she wasn’t an influencer? She wouldn’t have any sales if she didn’t have a following already?
Why can’t she just admit her success stems from her being a rich YouTube/influencer 🤨
And she underpaid her graphic designer friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I would love to see stats on how many people who buy her merch have not been following her for a long time. my guess would be close to 0. even the fact that people ask questions like that shows that they are all aware of her before tala

Reactions: 27
The fact that no one gives a tit about them on ASOS shows that it's her name that sells the item to her followers. People how don't care about her, don't care about her merch.

Reactions: 38
She’s happy to hire her dad for Tala, why make Flora one of talas influencers?? Why send them to queen of PLT Molly Mae but not her own sister who actually cares about sustainability
Because she pays her influencers next to nothing. Not much point in Flora promoting it anyway as we all know the link and wouldn't trust what she said

Reactions: 9
Grace's comment about "only having 100k" followers when launching Shreddy is inconsistent with previous stories. She boasted in a podcast interview about how she made thousands of pounds from her first exercise PDF guide that she knocked together in a night because she had a great social media following. You can't boast about making more money than most people make in years off the back of minimal effort, and then claim to be successful due to hard work.

Although, you know what, I think her businesses might well have succeeded because a) she has close connections to top notch business advice (e.g. her own dad) and investors, b) she can afford to take financial risks that others can't (side note - did you know that a gap year IBM internship is so well-paid, it will see you through university?), and c) didn't Gen Flow have a part in all of this, or am I misremembering??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Grace's comment about "only having 100k" followers when launching Shreddy is inconsistent with previous stories. She boasted in a podcast interview about how she made thousands of pounds from her first exercise PDF guide that she knocked together in a night because she had a great social media following. You can't boast about making more money than most people make in years off the back of minimal effort, and then claim to be successful due to hard work.

Although, you know what, I think her businesses might well have succeeded because a) she has close connections to top notch business advice (e.g. her own dad) and investors, b) she can afford to take financial risks that others can't (side note - did you know that a gap year IBM internship is so well-paid, it will see you through university?), and c) didn't Gen Flow have a part in all of this, or am I misremembering??
GenFlow put together BND and Tala. They did pretty much most of the work setting up the businesses- they're the ones with supplier connections and who did the designing and stuff.

Reactions: 31

i think she’s now starting to talk about her start up fitness guides as shreddy u know which doesn’t sit right with me

Reactions: 21
Apologies for the double post, but I wrote this in the last thread and after reading that story with my mouth open, I thought I better post it in here as well. I think the majority here know the truth of the companies but just incase anybody feels annoyed or are genuinely running their own small businesses, please don't listen to stories like that:

I don't know if it's been brought up recently but thought I'd share some explanation of Grace and her companies, after again claiming she works so hard and is a full time CEO to 2/3 different, extremely successful companies. I just find it extremely disingenuous and harmful.

Let's imagine that anybody (use yourself as the example) made a viral post on instagram and suddenly woke up with a million followers. Loyal followers who trust what you say and look up to you.
A large company realises you have a large, impressionable audience and email you and say "We create companies for people who have an audience, let's talk."
You have a meeting and they say, "Look, you have a million followers, we want to create a jewellery line for you. We have all the contacts, we have the manufacturing, we have the supply, we have the factories, we have the designs and we have the brand and logo all ready. You'll be the CEO and you can make decisions, but we'll do everything for you, the product, the marketing, the shipping, and we'll split the profits 50/50, how does that sound?"
You don't know much about jewellery, but.. this sounds perfect. You get to own a company, you get everything done for you and you can promote it on your page and make a ton of money, so deal agreed.
You promote your new line, you sell it through huge advertising, scarcity marketing, influencers and you sell out your launch as you have a lot of loyal followers who couldn't wait to buy it.
You are now the CEO of a successful jewellery company. You didn't need to do anything. You and a larger company profited off your impressionable and loyal audience and they got a product and to support someone they look up to. Everybody wins.
The next launch is next month. There is a meeting to discuss the colours of the next pieces of jewellery, they present you with some options. (Business meetings!!!) The options are blue, gold, red, silver. You choose silver and red. You are now a CEO who is making decisions and who is running the company. You upload to social media how hectic it is and how you have meetings and emails and so much to do. It's time for a holiday.
You promote the next launch again and it sells out.
You win a business award for your successful company.
The larger company is earning a lot of money from you and your audience, so they want to keep you 100% happy. They give you teams to talk to, they throw you parties and send you gifts. You can be as involved as you want to be. You can do nothing. You can be cc'd into every email. You can go on holiday for 6 months. The work is being done, the products are being created and marketed and sold either way. Though as it's your audience, it's helpful if you post. You are as busy as you want to be. You can portray your company and involvement however you want on social media.

That's basically the formula for these influencers and their brands. Some take the 'entrepreneur' title further than others.

The whole story she posted is basically 100% mistruths, reframing and possibly outright lies. "launch at scale with no experience" again, she is making it sound like she did it by herself. A massive company, who's only job it is, is to launch products was doing everything behind the scenes. "provide customer journeys that wouldn't be expected from a business a few years old" I mean? WTF. A customer expects a high quality product, easy to buy, solid shipping and good customer service. This isn't a 'customer journey', it's how business works and you fail at almost all those areas. Even as someone who understands the behind the scenes stuff, it still makes my head spin. I hope for her sake she really doesn't believe what she's saying.

• Heart
Reactions: 67

I also kinda snickered at "only 100k". Like, yes, obviously that's a lot less than she has now, but it's already a LOT of people to target with her trash guides.
Also, as mentioned above, she would never have access to Genflow's help without that following. She is fully delusional.

Reactions: 28
Didn’t think it was possible but does anyone else things she’s got even more smug recently ?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Didn’t think it was possible but does anyone else things she’s got even more smug recently ?
100%, she's a lot more annoying than usual and she always has that ridiculous smug smile which isn't really natural to her (old pics of her can confirm this, @Deeznutslol also mentioned this in a previous thread) - she genuinely seems like a such an insufferable person to be around, but so does Montana, Tom Derry, Stephanie etc etc etc so yeah lol

Reactions: 22
100%, she's a lot more annoying than usual and she always has that ridiculous smug smile which isn't really natural to her (old pics of her can confirm this, @Deeznutslol also mentioned this in a previous thread) - she genuinely seems like a such an insufferable person to be around, but so does Montana, Tom Derry, Stephanie etc etc etc so yeah lol
I really used to think she was cool and down to earth - she had a sense of humor and seemed genuine. Loved watching her vlogs. Ever since she started her “brands” she’s become so smug, so full of herself and insufferable that I can’t even hate watch anymore. I just come here for the tea ☕

Reactions: 29
91B9AE14-C7A0-4723-AC2E-BF644F54BCCA.png

Stop, I’m cringing so hard. You’re not funny or charming omfg

Going to stop looking at her stories for now I’m just annoyed at 110% of everything she’s doing at the moment 🙄😑

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.