Grace Beverley #15 Rags to riches, shows off her stitches, bestseller on amazon witches

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good morning one and all (and grez because we know you’re reading). For those considering buying the Sunday Times No.1 Bestseller (due to privilege and money), here are some of the TOP reviews from amazon.

In short, grez bev wrote a book full of over articulated shite

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Is she recording some Youtube videos? Perhaps she is starting a business-centred channel.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Guys, I hate to say it, but I feel like she might be planning to launch her book into a #girlboss-esque brand a la Sophia Amaruso. Tattle really needs to get it's eye-roll emoji reaction in place before it happens...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Does it look like the leggings are laddering down from the V detail? That’s what happened to 2 pairs of zinneas and a pair of shorts for me.
Everything else has a hole
😂 This whole hole issue is one thing that amazes me about the Trustpilot reviews. Literally so many of the 5* reviews are like “my leggings disintegrated but Melanie gave me a giftcard what amazing service” like that’s not the absolute bare minimum they should be doing. Likewise all the people who are thanking customer service for fixing their address when they put it in wrong… Again, bare minimum, but also it makes you think there’s something amiss with the website if so many people make the same error.

Messy.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
😂 This whole hole issue is one thing that amazes me about the Trustpilot reviews. Literally so many of the 5* reviews are like “my leggings disintegrated but Melanie gave me a giftcard what amazing service” like that’s not the absolute bare minimum they should be doing. Likewise all the people who are thanking customer service for fixing their address when they put it in wrong… Again, bare minimum, but also it makes you think there’s something amiss with the website if so many people make the same error.

Messy.
I know, I've always been superrr skeptical of those reviews. It seems there are periods where there's 5-10 reviews in a row that all have the same problem with information"they" have entered wrong.. either oops, I entered the wrong address, or oops I ordered the wrong size, but omg Melanie my savior fixed it, 5stars!! Idk how so many people are entering the wrong info?? seems more like a glitch on Tala's end but people are giving them the benefit of the doubt and thinking its them. Orrr fake reviews? But surely there's something weird going on. The "Melanie fixing my mistake" reviews account for SUCH a high percentage of the 5-star reviews.

Reactions: 25
Sorry grez but (IMHO) this photo does not sell it as a must have amazing item! The model looks like she regrets signing up for this shoot and really just does not look impressed one bit

I'm also shamed to admit that I once bought into her 'sustainable' fashion and got a top like this. It does indeed snatch... It snatched the breathe out of my lungs and the skin off my body; I would like to think of myself as a size small in most fitness wear and so that is what I ordered. However, this top wasn't just tight it was soul suckingly tight, the material was too thick to be considered appropriate for working out and the zip dug into my neck like a witch.

Let's just say I have never, ever worn it.

Edit: accidentally uploaded the same photo twice

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Sorry grez but (IMHO) this photo does not sell it as a must have amazing item! The model looks like she regrets signing up for this shoot and really just does not look impressed one bit

I'm also shamed to admit that I once bought into her 'sustainable' fashion and got a top like this. It does indeed snatch... It snatched the breathe out of my lungs and the skin off my body; I would like to think of myself as a size small in most fitness wear and so that is what I ordered. However, this top wasn't just tight it was soul suckingly tight, the material was too thick to be considered appropriate for working out and the zip dug into my neck like a witch.

Same... I consider myself a comfortable medium and those tala leggings felt like an XS. They were stretchy-ish but nowhere near stretchy enough to fit comfortably, or that I would EVER think of actually working out in them. Don’t brand yourself as a fitness wear brand if you’re gonna put aesthetic aka “this is so flattering” over functionality!

also, this comment on that tiktok 😳 do you reckon it’s true?

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 50

The model looks so uncomfortable, like she's been sewn into it and it's pressing against her neck! If that's the best top they have, and it looks that bad on the model... how bad must all their other clothing be 🤨

Reactions: 7
I also sadly have to admit that at the start of tala my friends back then were raving about it and I didn’t know anything about grace so I bought a top, and let’s just say I’m normally a XS in everything but already bought the top in S since I wasn’t sure and my god it’s soul sucking, can’t even get in the top without hurting myself😂 it cuts underneath the armpits and it presses so hard on my already non existent boobs. So yeah never bought again, it was waisted money✌🏼

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
also, this comment on that tiktok 😳 do you reckon it’s true?
But how could their staff be underpaid when their salaries are “competitive”?! 🤔🙄 Not sure I totally believe a random tiktok comment without further proof but also, I wouldn’t be surprised, seeing as not listing salaries directly contributes to lower pay.

Reactions: 16
But how could their staff be underpaid when their salaries are “competitive”?! 🤔🙄 Not sure I totally believe a random tiktok comment without further proof but also, I wouldn’t be surprised, seeing as not listing salaries directly contributes to lower pay.
“Competitive” is a word used by companies to mean “the minimum we can get away with paying you”, in my experience 😅

Reactions: 45
I believe them tbh. First of all yeah, theres the ‘competitive salary’, plus she didn’t give the girls who launched the business with her proper contracts and offered to pay someone less than £6.50 an hour to do work that should’ve costed at least 15 an hour. I think she massively exploited people for their work at the start, iirc she even did a podcast recently where she said people were doing work for Tala in exchange for food or something when she was preparing to launch it while still at uni?

• Angry
Reactions: 27
“Competitive” is a word used by companies to mean “the minimum we can get away with paying you”, in my experience 😅
Absolutely! And there’s loads of evidence that it affects young women and black candidates worst of all, thereby contributing directly to the gender and ethnicity pay gap. Basically if you’re not showing your salary you have something to hide. In this case it might be low wages, but it also just makes me wonder what else Tala and their ilk are hiding.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.