Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fwooper

VIP Member
I'm skipping through the podcast she did and although we know her dad has been offering consultancy services on the cheap, it sounds like he is way more heavily involved than we might have thought. She talks about having meetings with him every day and it seems he is the person in charge of "scaling" TALA (from 43.30). She likes to present the idea that as soon as she started her businesses she detached herself from the benefits of her family privilege, but it looks like her family connections and wealth will be instrumental in growing TALA beyond a merch brand.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 45

Pixienuts1975

But how could their staff be underpaid when their salaries are “competitive”?! 🤔🙄 Not sure I totally believe a random tiktok comment without further proof but also, I wouldn’t be surprised, seeing as not listing salaries directly contributes to lower pay.
“Competitive” is a word used by companies to mean “the minimum we can get away with paying you”, in my experience 😅

Clover123

VIP Member
View attachment 627306

When your personality is so boring and your sense of humour practically nonexistent, that you think that sharing this is absolutely hilarious.

Sarcasm in the workplace? Groundbreaking!!
Oh man I bet her employees absolutely can't stand her, imagine your CEO writing "hilarious" comments like this all the time, and thinking she's so funny she actually shares it on her social media. What other comments is she writing that don't make the cut onto social media if this is the best she's got?! 😳

• Haha

Mamacita

VIP Member
Oh my god, her Instagram is just "me, me, me". Its not lifestyle content, it's not fitness, not business. It's just all about her and how great she is. Who even follows her for real.

Aemee00

VIP Member
Grace's house mate Megan shared a photo of Megan, Emerald and Tom (is that his name?) On her story last night. Grace clearly had a bitch fit and so the story has been deleted and replaced with this one.
Grow up Grace 🙄 what an absolute nightmare to live with. No wonder she has no real friends

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick

fwooper

VIP Member
After reading her productivity tips section I'm wondering why Grace has promoted the idea that this book is for the average Gen Z/Millennial working a corporate office job. Most of her tips have disclaimers with her noting that you might not be able to implement these strategies depending on how far along you are in your career and what kind of work you do. So clearly she realises a lot of these tips are just not practicable for a lot of workers, yet this book is meant to be a "productivity blueprint" for our generation? Your productivity tips can't be that universal or groundbreaking if each one has to be qualified with "only do this if you're allowed!" - she would've been better marketing this towards students/influencers/self-employed people, because these tips only seem relevant to people who have a lot of autonomy over where and how they work.

As an example, one of her core tips is to time-block your calendar, even recommending turning off email notifications apart from dedicated blocks of time twice a day where you check your emails. She acknowledges this isn't possible for everyone, but then I'm wondering who she is imagining would be able to get away with this? Part of a lot of office jobs is being able to multi-task working on a project and responding to e-mails simultaneously without letting it disrupt your work flow. If you refuse to respond to emails outside of your "time-block", I can imagine you're going to annoy a lot of your coworkers. And what if you get an urgent request while your notifications are off?

And in her example of a time-blocked calendar, there's an hour(!!) dedicated to just planning your ~time blocked~ calendar for the next day. In your average office if your boss sees you fiddling around with your Google calendar for an hour I'm pretty sure you'd be getting a slap on the wrist.

• Wow
  • Heart
Did anyone really think Grace would be a sustainable queen when she dedicated a whole room in her house just to her closet?

At Christmas she was telling us she wasn’t buying anything unless it was from Etsy and now she’s buying gifts from Selfridges. Tbh I think she’s always been buying designer but she’s just showing it more now.

I remember when she went to Dubai during lockdown on a supposed work trip and put up a story in some Hermes leather sandals. Secondhand or not, over consuming is not sustainable.

• Heart

klarigold

Also there is a huge difference between not getting much “pocket money” but still knowing the financial support from your family is there if you ever really need it, your parents being able to pay for all the big things like school trips, holidays, first car, clothes when you go shopping and so on. I’m not saying all that applies to grace it’s just my general observation and own experience.
Yeah, exactly this. The 'pocket money' is trivial if all her big purchases, bills, holidays etc were paid for. Like I don't believe for one minute she paid for her own phone and phone bill, for example. Gym membership alone is over £25/month and there's no way she was paying for that with the occasional babysitting job.

The privilege chapter is actually a lot more honest than I thought it would be ngl. She was never going to say ‘Yeah, I’m privileged, I grew up in Kensington with my mllionaire family who inherited loads of shmoney from my wealthy grandad who was margaret thatchers best chum’, as much as it is the truth. However, she has finally admitted to a lot of the things that she has been really sketchy about.
idk I still feel like it falls super short, there's nothing here she hasn't said before and she's still using the same qualifiers (but I had scholarships, but I worked since I was 13, but I didn't get much pocket money) to excuse he privilege. There was absolutely no need for her to add in all these 'buts' in her privilege section, they just make it seem disingenuous. It's interesting that she's always so pedantic about mentioning all the ways she considers herself 'not that privileged', but has never once been completely transparent about the bigger picture of her family's wealth, influence and connections.

She seems to favour thinking about privilege on a global scale - things like being white and not coming from a war-torn country, yes are privileges, but 86% of the UK (and her readers) are white British, so that's not exactly something that sets her apart. I think it's good to get her readers to think about their own privilege in this way (something we all probably don't do enough), but that also serves to make her seem more like everyone else.

Considering she said she was going to 'lay it all on the table', it was pretty weak I think.

Last edited:
  • Heart

theweekend

Omfg she must be stopped. Seems like she’s been slowly exaggerating this story over time and has now just fully run away with it?

It is absolutely fucking wild that she’s now making out she’s some underprivileged girl boss that needed to graft to pay her fees under threat of being kicked out from uni. She was an influencer that created merch... That’s it

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Oh my god she is the biggest narc ever, first demanding them all to come home and fawn over her achievements now this, I had a narcissistic friend in uni like this who'd kick off if she wasn't featured on Instagram night out photos. I bet the housemates have their own secret group chat lol "keep up the act we get to live together in a London mansion with use of a Tesla for cheap"

Also she's on the beg for lash extensions now, if she wants recommendations she could ask any of her own pals ffs
She's literally had lash extensions before so can't act like she's never had them and has no idea where to go

Sananas

2B4A9DEB-F270-4E87-87DE-B07706D8F4FD.png
This is one of the reasons I will never again trust this girl. You can clearly see on her forehead that she’s using a filter but posting it without the lil filter information at the top... So misleading

• Angry
  • Wow

Lizzurd

They always like to cling on to how as women, men didn’t think they would understand things or be capable to do their jobs. And in the case of Grace she would talk about board meetings where they would address questions to the older men in the room... but she herself says she barely understands any of the business technical talk and outsources everything... so are they actually judging her for being a woman or being an incompetent leader?? 🧐
It would be nice for people to stop saying that the reason they get judgement is because they are a woman and using that shield to bypass any real criticism of their faults. It’s really getting annoying especially with Grace. 😒😒
Yes totally agreed!! It 100% does not help feminism to act as if incompetent women are entitled to as much respect (in a business sense) as competent men. I work in a large company with a woman CEO (WOC too might I add👏), and God knows NOBODY is addressing their questions to the men in the room because she is clearly competent, extremely well-respected, and totally deserving of her position. THAT is feminism, not some trust-fund gen Z influencer with her tits out on IG and one single internship under her belt crying about wanting ppl to address her in meetings when she's not even the one making the decisions (other than symbolically approving things).

• Heart
tbf to Grace, she is one of the only influencers I see that does add the correct ad# on her posts even if they are way too small sometimes. The adgifted you have to put if you are showing a product you have been given for free and with the affiliate links you have to say they are affiliate links
Yh it’s SUPER great that she’s not breaking that law. 👏🙄👏🙄

• Haha

Vegemite

Has she not called this a book for GenZ? Because this specific avocado toast thing was about millennials and she is lumping herself in with them here but absolutely no member of GenZ was buying or thinking about buying houses in 2016 (source: Im a begrudging older member of GenZ).
The funny thing about the infamous avocado toast quote is that the author, Bernard Salt, was writing a parody, making fun of boomers. The avo toast line was completely taken out of context, which is obvious if you read it, or if you read his follow up article. It’s clear Grace didn’t actually read it or do any research about it, she just parroted what she had heard.

From what I’ve read of Grace’s captions, her book is full of these superficial, meaningless statements she has randomly picked from her readings which aren’t backed up by research or real life experiences.

• Heart

fwooper

VIP Member
It's bizarre how this wall of text reads like a lecture to her followers about why they should understand the "reality" of working and that they shouldn't believe everything they see online, when she is the one who is solely responsible for cultivating this online image of herself as a productivity queen - to the point where she wrote an entire book about it! I'd be a bit put out if I read a book about someone claiming to have unlocked the key to achieving work life balance only to see something like this which proves she clearly is not as healthily productive as she makes out.

And I can't tell you how little I care about millionaire CEOs and how stressed they are. "high stake commitments" - get real.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I am betting she is going to come up with some sort of merchandise relating to her book. Like planners, notebooks, mugs, inspirational quotes from the book for framing or something else for the house. The post she made about planning something extra if the book was taken well was so suspicious and now all of a sardine she is posting on her home account. Something is definitely up her sleeve.

Reactions: 43