Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fwooper

VIP Member
I told myself I wasn’t coming on here any more but then I open bbc news to see THIS atrocity. 35 pounds each ?? Almost suspended from uni ??? I highly doubt it
"suspension threat"!! So unfair on the college - a lot of Oxford colleges have extensive financial support schemes in place to prevent students dropping out for financial reasons. She even confirmed that her college was "lovely" about the whole thing and gave her extra time to sort it out with SFE, which she did. Not fair to make the college out to be the bad guy when this whole non-drama was caused by her own admin fuckup and the college responded with a standard admin response. Her fake poverty story risks making people think that Oxford just kicks you out if you're having money issues which is not the case.

Reactions: 47

XMMX

So she invents the term announcement culture then says that society is causing said culture, then is going to announce another new project which is going to contribute to announcement culture by making people think they always have to have something to announce because someone "running two businesses" is still managing to announce a new project every few months.

Long sentence Grace vibes very much intended

• Haha
Reactions: 47

aemee321

Chatty Member
Who wants to place bets for how long it is until she’s suddenly got a “work trip” in one of the green list countries?

Reactions: 46

FDR97

Chatty Member
I walked into admin today in work and they were talking about influencers. They asked me if I knew any and I said I didn’t like Grace. Some of them didn’t know who she was but the ones who did said this about her:
- “Isn’t she the Tory trust fund girl who pretends to be poor?”
- “Oh yeah she’s that annoying trust fund girl with the big nose” 😭
- “I hate her so much. Grace ‘I’m a feminist, but I support Dubai and exploit female Chinese workers’ Beverley” 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Guccigal

Chatty Member
CCTV inside the house would be fine if it was just her living there but if her housemates are lodgers then the power dynamic is gross
I think it would be fine if there was a common agreement that they wouldn’t be checked unless there was reason to. But the fact she randomly sits there scrubbing through it is weird af. Then posts it for her 1mill followers to see ???

limelipstick

notice how now that she's published her #bossbabebizbook, she no longer shares photos of what she's reading lol

• Haha

chlosib

Chatty Member
how do they know she's in greece?
I think someone misread here where people were talking about Oenone being in Greece (as the friend she is with tagged the location on an Instagram post), and thought we were talking about Grace.

This is why there is a ‘it stays on Tattle’ rule though as not only has the person messaging Grace made themselves look dumb, but also this forum where the information clearly originated.

fwooper

VIP Member
She straight up lies about her fashion consumption. Not only is she buying new designer stuff on the regular, but she is also still buying fast fashion - that blue dress she wore the other week is new season Zara.

It makes me lol when rich people with no fashion sense deck themselves out in branded Fendi/Gucci/Balenciaga because they think it's an easy way to look stylish. This thing that she is wearing on her stories is so damn ugly - without the Fendi logo it's just a £500 lycra cycling getup.

• Haha
Ok so this is a bit off topic and i never post here but i have a minor theory about grace/her success etc.
I was thinking about something similar to this recently! In my opinion, Grace's original appeal during her peak around 2017-2019 was basically:

a) she was a student so seemed really 'relatable', and also put out a lot of uni content like uni vlogs that were particularly interesting/relevant for other students. I think being at oxford uni also made for good click bait content on her vlogs as people are often interested to see what being at oxbridge is like.
b) she put out way more fitness content back then, lots of 'fitspo' and workout videos, so she will have appealed to the fitness demographic
c) she was conventionally attractive and had a good body that fit many people's ideals of body 'goals' - big bum and boobs, small waist and washboard abs. Because of this she attracted a big audience of people who were there for her 'thirst trap' bikini pics.

What's changed since then? Firstly, she's no longer a student so has lost that element of relatability. She doesn't put out fitness content either so is losing that audience too. She's tried to replace the uni content and fitness content with this whole new CEO/business boss babe/entrepreneur image, but this sort of content is alien and unappealing to the people who used to follow her for uni and fitness content. I think her CEO/boss babe narrative also just doesn't work on her audience because they realise that underneath it all she's still just an influencer and youtuber who is trying to rebrand herself into an 'entrepreneur'. So the CEO/boss babe stuff ends up coming off as if she's ramming it down people's throats and has a real superiority complex about her new boss babe 'status'.

As for the physical appearance side of things, clearly she is still very attractive, but lately she has had too much done to her appearance e.g. possible botox/lip filler/brow lift, as well as a teeth makeover. She also has the weird greasy look going on with her hair and makeup, and her fashion sense has also gone downhill: she's tried to adopt this new boss babe/dripping in gold bling look that just doesn't suit her. Not to mention the constant use of Instagram filters. Back in her uni days she looked gorgeous but also incredibly natural looking, meaning that she was attractive in a relatable sort of way. Whereas now, she's turned herself into an overfiltered, frozen greasy mask that no one can really relate to. So I feel like even the audiences who originally followed her because she was 'hot' may have been put off her by now. And in any case, her whole bestselling author/CEO boss babe content will definitely have put off the thirst trap audience who were mainly there for bum pics.

Also, getting rid of her Youtube channel has moved her even further away from the Grace that people used to know, as her channel was such a big part of what made her popular back in the day and gave her her fanbase.

Basically, I just feel like she doesn't really have any appeal anymore because she has moved so far away from the parts of her image and platform that first made her popular. Add to this all the controversies we've had recently - her preaching/hypocrisy about ethics/veganism/politics, her covid dubai trip, the bad business practices used by both tala and shreddy, and her general narcissism and shady attitude - and it's no wonder that her followers and fans are dropping like flies.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Also lets face it, so many of the people fawning over her book on their stories are just doing it to get reposted by her so they can try and get clout for themselves

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
‘This hot tub was the best investment I ever made’
Literally the second time we’ve ever seen you using it mate

• Haha

Guccigal

Chatty Member
I know someone might have addressed this but why did she delete her channel?
Doesn’t fit into her rags to riches narrative if she already had a 1M+ audience to sell her initial shit to and also one less place (after deactivating Twitter) for people to find dumb or contradictory shit she’s said before

Reactions: 45
You could see how nice her family home was and the area she lived in must be worth millions plus their second home in the South of France... you can’t pretend to just be a regular shmegular middle class girl like she does after that’s dangling around on the internet.

x_bethanyy

Did we move Grace's thread to 'Influencers' just to piss her off? 😂 Thought I was going blind when I couldn't find the new thread in Gurus.

• Haha
  • Heart

Jlurking

Ima be rude here but I don’t understand how someone can be so rich but dress so badly. Hire a stylist or something. She’s a millionaire who manages to look like a cheap boohoo babe 🤒
I genuinely think it’s really interesting that she’s old money but presents herself in such a way that it convinces her followers that she’s a self made boss babe. The Donald Trump of influencers.

Lizzurd

Wow someone mentioned how few comments tala gets on insta and I just had a look, they don’t get more than 10?! Their engagement is shocking. It never used to be like this, even a few months ago. I guess people are finally realising how poor the quality is
Uhhh ok I just had a look too after reading your comment... So I scrolled through 'til beginning of April, and noticed April posts all had 500-1500 comments, with a very steady increase (like in the 500s for a few posts, then 600s, then 700s, etc) which I found odd... especially since their recent posts have like, 3. So I opened some of the comment sections and guys???? They're all fake comments? All posts (except the giveaways) have a handful of real comments at the top, and then the hundreds of others are literally just cake emojis??? It's really fucking blatant too like they dont ever switch the emojis or anything.....

• Wow
  • Haha