Grace Beverley #15 Rags to riches, shows off her stitches, bestseller on amazon witches

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She absolutely is. I don’t doubt it for a second but I swear she only ever mentions this when someone has criticised her to throw it back at them and play the victim. Rather than admitting to hypocrisy or whatever the issue of the day is. Your last sentence is spot on
yes when Grace uses it I think it’s a bit of a “what about-ism” to detract from the point!

Reactions: 18
I don’t think anyone would have a problem with her purchases if she didn’t preach so much about supporting local businesses and buying second hand etc etc to everyone else but doesn’t seem to practice what she preaches. Her “style” has become very much show as many designer items as possible. I think that’s fine but it doesn’t really match up to the whole message she built her platform on in the first place and still makes money from, I think that is what annoys people. I think she should just not bother trying to kid people that she’s sustainable and just go with the luxury lifestyle vibe because it just results in those stupid stories where she is trying to justify herself, just own it

Reactions: 40
I think she's getting so defensive as even Primark has a greenwashed recycled activeware range that is ethically and sustainably on par with tala. There's literally nothing she actually stands for.

She strives to be a company like Patagonia but all tala will amount to is yet another influencer brand because there's no dedication or commitment to the ethos. Just the bare minimum to greenwash.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I think these stories aren’t to brag / flaunt to us. But to her friends (even though they’re all very well off too) but it seems like her flat mates are all out having fun. So she’s reminding them that she’s rich and independent 🥴

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Grace: how dare you have a go at me I haven't been shopping for ages and all I bought was a foundation and something else.

Grace 5 pics later showing off new fendi 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Did anyone really think Grace would be a sustainable queen when she dedicated a whole room in her house just to her closet?

At Christmas she was telling us she wasn’t buying anything unless it was from Etsy and now she’s buying gifts from Selfridges. Tbh I think she’s always been buying designer but she’s just showing it more now.

I remember when she went to Dubai during lockdown on a supposed work trip and put up a story in some Hermes leather sandals. Secondhand or not, over consuming is not sustainable.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
She straight up lies about her fashion consumption. Not only is she buying new designer stuff on the regular, but she is also still buying fast fashion - that blue dress she wore the other week is new season Zara.

It makes me lol when rich people with no fashion sense deck themselves out in branded Fendi/Gucci/Balenciaga because they think it's an easy way to look stylish. This thing that she is wearing on her stories is so damn ugly - without the Fendi logo it's just a £500 lycra cycling getup.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
She straight up lies about her fashion consumption. Not only is she buying new designer stuff on the regular, but she is also still buying fast fashion - that blue dress she wore the other week is new season Zara.

It makes me lol when rich people with no fashion sense deck themselves out in branded Fendi/Gucci/Balenciaga because they think it's an easy way to look stylish. This thing that she is wearing on her stories is so damn ugly - without the Fendi logo it's just a £500 lycra cycling getup.
It's horrible isn't it. Also it made me irrationally annoyed that they called it a "piece" on the website 😂

Reactions: 12
You don't need pictures of grace shopping to see that she clearly overconsumes luxury clothing. She has a totally new outfit in every single grid post.

She talked about restyling and reusing luxury pieces as much as possible a couple of years ago which i can really get behind tbh (obviously a question of privilidge, but if youre lucky enough to be able to afford clothes/bags of higher quality then i think its better to buy one item that will last for years than replacing your whole wardrobe for every season) but it seems like that went completely out of the window as soon as she had the budget to use luxury stores the way the rest of the world uses asos/plt. Seems like another case of classic capitalist mindset: if its expensive/luxury and I can afford it due to my income, it's my god given right as a boss babe to own it and if you disagree then you're just jealous and poor.

Honestly I think so many influencers including grace aren't actually into fashion, they just like the feeling of being able to buy expensive status symbols. If I had her kind of budget (not to mention her figure) and lived in London I'd be repping the tit out of all of the amazing indie fashion houses operating out of my city. I find most of her choices dull at best and garish at worse, I can see why she only wears everything once - it's just all so uninteresting.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Just saw a girl in full TALA getup and following a shreddy workout on her phone in the gym.... no offence to the poor girl but she had a pancake arse and the entire workout consisted of bodyweight glute bridges and bodyweight squats 😭 I genuinely feel bad for people who think they will actually get an arse like Grace's from those crappy workouts
Sorry for responding to a comment from weeks ago but I always thought it was weird that shreddy had so much body weight stuff (have never had the app so this is just based on reading here and seeing their insta) when Grace used to always talk about how lifting (heavy) is important, and her original guides were all focused on lifting (found a copy online so have actually seen those)

Reactions: 24
You don't need pictures of grace shopping to see that she clearly overconsumes luxury clothing. She has a totally new outfit in every single grid post.

She talked about restyling and reusing luxury pieces as much as possible a couple of years ago which i can really get behind tbh (obviously a question of privilidge, but if youre lucky enough to be able to afford clothes/bags of higher quality then i think its better to buy one item that will last for years than replacing your whole wardrobe for every season) but it seems like that went completely out of the window as soon as she had the budget to use luxury stores the way the rest of the world uses asos/plt. Seems like another case of classic capitalist mindset: if its expensive/luxury and I can afford it due to my income, it's my god given right as a boss babe to own it and if you disagree then you're just jealous and poor.

Honestly I think so many influencers including grace aren't actually into fashion, they just like the feeling of being able to buy expensive status symbols. If I had her kind of budget (not to mention her figure) and lived in London I'd be repping the tit out of all of the amazing indie fashion houses operating out of my city. I find most of her choices dull at best and garish at worse, I can see why she only wears everything once - it's just all so uninteresting.
Totally agree, her fashion taste is atrocious, for someone witha great figure and the money to buy whatever she always looks awful

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sorry for responding to a comment from weeks ago but I always thought it was weird that shreddy had so much body weight stuff (have never had the app so this is just based on reading here and seeing their insta) when Grace used to always talk about how lifting (heavy) is important, and her original guides were all focused on lifting (found a copy online so have actually seen those)
It makes perfect commercial sense to stop people from developing and ending their shreddy sub. The paid for mail articles emphasise several times how it can be done at home with little equipment. duck what actually works to get results, it's an easier sale being dishonest to people that just a few bodyweight exercises are enough.

Screenshot_20210517-115627_Chrome.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I’m not sure about in general, but over the past year their focus has been on home workouts because people couldn’t go to the gym and had limited equipment. They’ll probably now be focusing on both home and gym as more people head back out to the gym.

Reactions: 2
Not sure if I'm reading it right (someone more accounting-savvy please confirm!) but Miss Grace "Proud Investor" Beverly only invested £8k in Wild deodorants!
Screenshot_20210517-153114.png

Reactions: 6
Nah. That document states that Grace owns 2,083 of the 416,667 A Ordinary shares, which in total have an aggregate par value of £4.17. Which gives her shares an aggregate par value of about 2p. BUT the related share allotment form states that the amount paid on each share was £4.80 so her investment was 2,083 x £4.80 which is £9,998.40. But that's not in the document you put a picture of, so I'm not sure where you got £8k from?

It puts the value of that investment round into Wild at £2m, I don't know anything about the company tbh but lots of influencers have invested.

Reactions: 17
Nah. That document states that Grace owns 2,083 of the 416,667 A Ordinary shares, which in total have an aggregate par value of £4.17. Which gives her shares an aggregate par value of about 2p. BUT the related share allotment form states that the amount paid on each share was £4.80 so her investment was 2,083 x £4.80 which is £9,998.40. But that's not in the document you put a picture of, so I'm not sure where you got £8k from?

It puts the value of that investment round into Wild at £2m, I don't know anything about the company tbh but lots of influencers have invested.
Oh okay! I did 2,083 multiplied by aggregate nominal value (in my head not on the calculator 🙃), which is where my £8k came from. The fact that you know what you're talking about and worked out that Grace invested £10k - my point still stands, she acts as if she was a major stakeholder! Thanks for clarifying! 👑

Reactions: 15
I was having a read and they did raise £2m so your maths is right. Agreed she is far off being a major stakeholder!

I suspect the funding was raised through a tax advantaged scheme so she would get a nice wee reduction to her income tax liability too. #eattherich tho yeah Grace.

Reactions: 14
And he tweets things like this, this word has generally been considered an ethnic slur for a long time now💀 theres no excuse for it. Just makes me laugh how Grace acts like she’s soooooo woke yet associates and lives with people who think it’s acceptable to talk like this
Okay so I’m suuuuper behind, but looks like Tom has deleted his old racist tweet. Someone must read here 👀

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.