Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The absolute lol of Tala’s most recent blogpost about “how to spot a greenwashed business”...

I can’t tell if it’s for real and they genuinely think they’re not greenwashing, or if their comms team are trolling us.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She was filming her dinner and Tom started to mess it up so she screamed at him "don't do that I haven't even bleeping filmed it yet you head" - this is how Grez speaks to her only friends 🤢

I did a screen record, hopefully it uploads
[/QUOTE]
Yeah it’s a bit over the top. I’ve done that before to my friends who’ve been trying to take a pic for insta. They’ve usually just called me an insult and that was it, not a full on sentance and deffo not in that tone 😅

Reactions: 1
Her housemates will be lodgers not tenants. They have much fewer rights. You can only be a tenant if you’re renting a whole property I think.
Edit - if you share a property with your landlord, you’re a lodger.

Reactions: 21
The absolute lol of Tala’s most recent blogpost about “how to spot a greenwashed business”...

I can’t tell if it’s for real and they genuinely think they’re not greenwashing, or if their comms team are trolling us.
‘Assessing whether a brand is truly sustainable or simply greenwashing can be time consuming and complicated, especially where transparency is poor. It also requires the consumer to take responsibility for their own purchases and ensure they vote with their money: if a brand isn’t in line with your personal values, don’t buy from them’ the irony of this paragraph 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Her housemates will be lodgers not tenants. They have much fewer rights. You can only be a tenant if you’re renting a whole property I think.
Edit - if you share a property with your landlord, you’re a lodger.
So they’ve got even less rights than if they were tenants? 😩
I would not be comfortable like that

Reactions: 4
yeah this whole arrangement sounds awful, I lived with a landlord once, she was slightly older than me, we weren't friends before and even so I found it really awful and vowed never to do it again, it is such a weird power dynamic, and must be even worse if you are friends. I bet she is also really picky about them having any personal decorations etc in their rooms, I imagine her as someone who likes things in her specific way

Reactions: 16
Especially as they haven't known her that long. Though I doubt they have thought about it that much, probably just see it as a sweet deal. It would make me super uncomfortable.

Reactions: 4
Also she’s only really got flatmates as another source of income. Let’s be honest means she doesn’t have to pay to live in the house she bought. She’s just making the money she paid back off them. Technically they would be paying it for here whilst she gets to live there free. She’s literally a scrounger Omg eat the rich 🤣😭

Reactions: 26
‘Assessing whether a brand is truly sustainable or simply greenwashing can be time consuming and complicated, especially where transparency is poor. It also requires the consumer to take responsibility for their own purchases and ensure they vote with their money: if a brand isn’t in line with your personal values, don’t buy from them’ the irony of this paragraph 🙄🙄🙄
The absolute nerve and cognitive dissonance. All this does it make it clear that they know what they should be doing, they’re just choosing not to.

Reactions: 10
2 things about this:
- Her hair literally isn’t moving? It looks stuck like her forehead?? How is that smooth?!
- Wasn’t she advertising the “function” shampoo and conditioner a few months ago that you personalise for your hair type/goal? Surprise surprise a new discount code comes her way and off she hops saying they’re the BEST products she’s ever used 🥱

Attachments

Reactions: 29
Also she’s only really got flatmates as another source of income. Let’s be honest means she doesn’t have to pay to live in the house she bought. She’s just making the money she paid back off them. Technically they would be paying it for here whilst she gets to live there free. She’s literally a scrounger Omg eat the rich 🤣😭
Haha so true. When I lived in London through various terrible houseshares, I would have loved the opportunity (obviously) to have my own place, but also for my friends to have somewhere affordable (ie just chip in for bills) to enable them to enjoy London. A lot moved after only a small amount of time as it was just too expensive and not worth it.
oh my god she sounded so serious to me, this sounds like those sister fights that get way too vicious 💀
Yeah that's what I thought, it's one thing to jokingly say something to a friend if you have a friendship like that, but to say it so seriously and then upload it for everyone to see, classy. He looks really awkward at the end as well. The entitlement to think it's acceptable to talk to other people like that, gross, and absolutely not gIrL bOsS gOaLs, not even basic respect.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
2 things about this:
- Her hair literally isn’t moving? It looks stuck like her forehead?? How is that smooth?!
- Wasn’t she advertising the “function” shampoo and conditioner a few months ago that you personalise for your hair type/goal? Surprise surprise a new discount code comes her way and off she hops saying they’re the BEST products she’s ever used 🥱

she really knows how to sell products - get the golden girls out

• Haha
Reactions: 17
umm excuse me, I don’t know if you’re aware but grace actually suffers greatly in the business space for being a woman. Men are allowed to show off cars on their Instagrams when they get rich without negative comments. Poor grace is disproportionately criticised ☹
please don’t tell me she actually complained about that? there are fights to be had for gender equality grace, this isn’t one

I read a bit of this thread after I posted yesterday, there’s obvs a lot to read, but has she deleted her twitter because of a meme instead of just admitting she’s stinking rich?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Tala blocked me on instagram after I asked how much they pay their staff, lol!
I tried to comment on their latest post about greenwashing 🤣 and I can't see my comment.

Wanted to post:
Hey there girls! 😇🌷That is so interesting. Where can I find those third party audit reports on @wearetala? Looking forward to reading it and learning more about your awesome practices. 🤗
Since they never respond well to any comment with a hint of criticism.
Kill em with kindness is what I thought would help get them to be honest but that too is still considered trolling 😁

Anyone know how it works to ask private companies for their financial records? And how much it ends up costing. I know we have a right to request information but there needs to be a good reason as to why one would need it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I read a bit of this thread after I posted yesterday, there’s obvs a lot to read, but has she deleted her twitter because of a meme instead of just admitting she’s stinking rich?
It seems so. The ridiculous thing is that no one would really give a hoot if she was from a wealthy background if she didn't try and come up with saying how she made herself from the ground up.

Why not just say hey, I was fortunate enough to have these opportunities growing up, could have sat on my arse but wanted to be successful, because I've been fortunate enough to do these things I want to give some insight into the processes to help people achieve their goals.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
1612448881784.png
1612448929587.png
1612448951307.png

Hope these images load up properly, thought this was important to raise, FashionFolkloreBlog posted these stories earlier about the 'sustaina-series', TALA have essentially ripped off her own work with this piece with no credit whatsoever, as well as being completely ironic which people here have mentioned as it goes against everything they currently do. These are just snippets, you can see the full post on her stories, it's also really annoying how TALA keep using the 'small business' card to get away with cutting so many corners and ripping people off when they clearly aren't anymore imo.

Grace and her brands are really starting to wind people up the wrong way who actually know their stuff in the industry (sustainable fashion, book writing, real start-up entrepreneurs) now and it's not gonna end well.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.