Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
have just been reading some of the posts on wednesday about grace bringing up her abuse (this thread has probably moved on by now lol) but just wanted to say i went to oxford at the same time as grace/we have mutual friends, and was told by a friend of hers that the abuse came from aaron. he was very controlling, she would post herself at dinner/out with friends on insta after they'd broken up and soon after he would turn up. i think she might even have had to look into getting a restraining order but was told this a while ago so don't want to say it as a fact. of course i think the criticisms of her on this forum are extremely valid and it was out of place for her to bring up abuse to distract from her privilege, but i only felt it fair to say that the abuse/ptsd she referred to wasn't trivial.
Although obvs no idea whether this is an accurate or reliable source ...

Reactions: 1
Someone on here earlier said he was the person abusing her, or hinted at it. Did ya get that impression? All sounds really strange and toxic either way!
I didn’t get that impression from the lyrics, but he pretty much openly admits he’s got his own problems to deal with, so I can see how that might escalate into abusive behaviour

Reactions: 4
I didn’t get that impression from the lyrics, but he pretty much openly admits he’s got his own problems to deal with, so I can see how that might escalate into abusive behaviour
Yeah having re read the post I’m not sure if it’s bs 🤔 would be a terrible thing to lie about tho !
His music doesn’t sound very uplifting hahah I might have to wait til after the pandemic to give it a try 😅

I don;t think it necessarily even has to be physically abusive, so many men are emotionally abusive without even realising the damage they can cause

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I don;t think it necessarily even has to be physically abusive, so many men are emotionally abusive without even realising the damage they can cause
Yeah exactly, we can’t really rule anything physical out but from what people have said it sounds like it was probably emotional abuse

Reactions: 4
“Falling” is about her- he talks about how she thought he was cheating on her and how their class differences made them ultimately incompatible
Is that definitely about her? It came out in November 17 and they broke up when, May 2018? IIRC that’s pretty early in their relationship, way too early for the kind of tit he talks about to be happening. It’s not good if he released a song about cheating on her in November 2017 and after the end of the relationship, nearly a year later later wrote a different song (“the one”) talking about texting other girls whilst he was her. :/

if the first song isn’t about her, it’s not better because then it means he did the same thing to two girls. :/

either way, it’s heavy emotionally abusive IMO. If these were problems throughout the relationship, it would have totally fucked Grace’s self-esteem, especially the more she stayed and the more she had strangers saying he was lovely (me included).

The way he speaks about women in the song is a bit sus for a guy that presents himself as peaceful and kind and about equality, too - he says he was out meeting “sluts” in the song he released while he was with Grace (Falling). At best he was trying to offload the blame onto the girls he cheated with, which unfortunately sometimes can work - if you’ve been cheated on by someone you love and have super low self-esteem, you sometimes can’t compute that your partner hurt you and end up putting your hurt onto the other girl, especially if you’ve got internalised misogyny which I think most of us do. I don’t trust men that call women “sluts”

And then to still be publicly pining after her in September, four months after he broke up with her, when he released the new song, “The One”? :/ A bit overly attached for someone that disrespected the relationship enough to go out meeting “sluts”, no????

He could be saying grace thought he was texting with malice when he wasn’t, but that doesn’t cancel the inappropriateness of releasing that song in September & calling other girls sluts

The way he contextualises it with his issues with weed and wanting to be there for his mum (don’t see how his mum comes into him mistreating girls, either, at most all it shows is that Grace maybe wanted to go off with him and go explore and he still wanted to be near his mum) bothers me too. it’s a bit manipulative. I have addicts in my immediate family and it’s just not an excuse tbh, it contextualises it but it doesn’t mean the other person is any more obliged to give you another chance

Falling lyrics: https://genius.com/amp/Aaron-unknown-falling-lyrics

Reactions: 17
Someone on here earlier said he was the person abusing her, or hinted at it. Did ya get that impression? All sounds really strange and toxic either way!
This is something I feel quite uncomfortable speculating about: although it's obviously annoying for Grace to use PTSD as a get-out-of-jail-free card in the context of being called out for her privilege, what trauma she may or may not have experienced has never been confirmed by her.

If she said her ex was abusive, I would believe her- as a potential victim, she is the only person who could (or frankly, has the right to) publicly confirm this.

Reactions: 34
Is that definitely about her? It came out in November 17 and they broke up when, May 2018? IIRC that’s pretty early in their relationship, way too early for the kind of tit he talks about to be happening. It’s not good if he released a song about cheating on her in November 2017 and after the end of the relationship, nearly a year later later wrote a different song (“the one”) talking about texting other girls whilst he was her. :/

if the first song isn’t about her, it’s not better because then it means he did the same thing to two girls. :/

either way, it’s heavy emotionally abusive IMO. If these were problems throughout the relationship, it would have totally fucked Grace’s self-esteem, especially the more she stayed and the more she had strangers saying he was lovely (me included).

The way he speaks about women in the song is a bit sus for a guy that presents himself as peaceful and kind and about equality, too - he says he was out meeting “sluts” in the song he released while he was with Grace (Falling). At best he was trying to offload the blame onto the girls he cheated with, which unfortunately sometimes can work - if you’ve been cheated on by someone you love and have super low self-esteem, you sometimes can’t compute that your partner hurt you and end up putting your hurt onto the other girl, especially if you’ve got internalised misogyny which I think most of us do. I don’t trust men that call women “sluts”

And then to still be publicly pining after her in September, four months after he broke up with her, when he released the new song, “The One”? :/ A bit overly attached for someone that disrespected the relationship enough to go out meeting “sluts”, no????

He could be saying grace thought he was texting with malice when he wasn’t, but that doesn’t cancel the inappropriateness of releasing that song in September & calling other girls sluts

The way he contextualises it with his issues with weed and wanting to be there for his mum (don’t see how his mum comes into him mistreating girls, either, at most all it shows is that Grace maybe wanted to go off with him and go explore and he still wanted to be near his mum) bothers me too. it’s a bit manipulative. I have addicts in my immediate family and it’s just not an excuse tbh, it contextualises it but it doesn’t mean the other person is any more obliged to give you another chance

Falling lyrics: https://genius.com/amp/Aaron-unknown-falling-lyrics
Yeah the sluts line was bizarre, it really surprised me because that is exactly the sort of thing grace would pull a man up for saying

Reactions: 3
Yeah the sluts line was bizarre, it really surprised me because that is exactly the sort of thing grace would pull a man up for saying
It’s all a bit sus to say the least. Unfortunately if you’ve got low self esteem and have had a history of being mistreated, sometimes it doesn’t matter what your values are - in close relationships you might not stand up for yourself. Speaking from experience, sadly!! & That’s without getting into how safe it was for her to confront him - don’t feel comfortable discussing that haha

Reactions: 9
It’s all a bit sus to say the least. Unfortunately if you’ve got low self esteem and have had a history of being mistreated, sometimes it doesn’t matter what your values are - in close relationships you might not stand up for yourself. Speaking from experience, sadly!! & That’s without getting into how safe it was for her to confront him - don’t feel comfortable discussing that haha
Yeah exactly :/
I’m wary of speculating too much on this topic though, since she’s not said it was definitely him who was responsible for the abuse that she suffered

I’m wary of speculating too much on this topic though, since she’s not said it was definitely him who was responsible for the abuse that she suffered
Yeah agree - regret asking as I now see the original poster doesn’t look reliable (a friend from Oxford?!) saying he was the one making her feel unsafe etc. Super messed up all of it

Same same, the most I would do is comment on the song, not going to dig further than that, it’s not fair on her

This is something I feel quite uncomfortable speculating about: although it's obviously annoying for Grace to use PTSD as a get-out-of-jail-free card in the context of being called out for her privilege, what trauma she may or may not have experienced has never been confirmed by her.

If she said her ex was abusive, I would believe her- as a potential victim, she is the only person who could (or frankly, has the right to) publicly confirm this.
totally agree with this, however I dislike her rolling it out at a random time just for sympathy

Reactions: 8
Sorry to be petty but Grace uses her education (read: vocabulary) as a weapon to assert her position as the most superior, the loudest voice, the most profitable influencer for brands to collaborate with, but it's so so wrong it's actually embarrassing. Example here, her use of the word "compounding" - it made me so angry to read it knowing young people who look up to her & also be "jealous" of her because she has brains, looks & success - all of which is an utter facade!

Attachments

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

I agree. Also she’s been in a car crash which was bad enough to ‘duck up her back’ (according to her) so I think if anything, that would be a likely cause of her PTSD

Reactions: 8
Sorry to be petty but Grace uses her education (read: vocabulary) as a weapon to assert her position as the most superior, the loudest voice, the most profitable influencer for bend to collaborate with, but it's so so wrong it's actually embarrassing. Example here, her use of the word "compounding" - it made me so angry to read it knowing young people who look up to her & also be "jealous" of her because she has brains, looks & success - all of which is an utter facade!
I can’t with this story. Maybe it’s just because my native language isn’t English so reading these takes like 2 hours for me if I really want to understand them, especially the really academic ones. Can’t imagine reading them when eating my breakfast, everything doesn’t have to be about learning. Don’t get me started on printing them... so unnecessary. Even though the paper is recycled, the bleaching process isn’t that environmentally friendly...

Reactions: 13
I agree. Also she’s been in a car crash which was bad enough to ‘duck up her back’ (according to her) so I think if anything, that would be a likely cause of her PTSD
she never seems to mentiomn back injuries in her exercise posts though? (back when she did them)

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Yeah this could happen. I experienced this myself at uni. I feel for her if she went through something similar. However, it doesn't justify her prickish behaviour and it certainly isn't okay to use this an excuse/to play the victim, as she does time and time again, when she gets called out about something. It's a very manipulative and narcissistic trait.

Last edited:
Why does this person compulsively lie? Haven’t had a printer? Of course she had a printer, what a weird and pointless thing to lie about
2CFCF857-0B16-431C-A40E-6276BF0B82D0.png

edit: first uni vlog I click on and this mf has a very nice looking printer. She says she uses it for printing contracts and annotating notes
095790E0-C19B-43C0-BC1B-4EE64BA8357C.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 81
Another absolutely pointless post. People read about things they're interested in - that's a given - this entire post just demonstrates how intellectually superior to us all she thinks she is

The people who reply to her make me sick brown nosing. "Omg grez you're such a genius I never thought to learn about something I'm interested in before." I know we say it time and time again in here, but these idiots really do deserve to be ripped off by their kween ceo boss babe

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.