Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but who tf doesn't know about the holocaust
View attachment 406872
What is wrong with her!!! She literally JUST got roasted by more people than live in some cities in the UK for positioning herself as The Voice of an issue she is not qualified (through experience or education) to speak on. Now, Grace "My first reaction to an antiSemitic rant was to publicly tell Jewish people to get out of my inbox and stop complaining to me about antiSemitism" Beverley, a gentile, is telling other people to 'educate [themselves]' about the Holocaust, failing to pay respects to the victims and yet again centring herself, this time in a conversation about actual genocide?

Oh my God, I am trying so hard to be bleeping sympathetic to her but this is just ridiculous. she is an absolute PR disaster, how she is retaining this image of being 'educated' (as in 'woke') is beyond me

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
View attachment 406869

I rewatched the empty house tour video and this is how she responded to someone simply stating that she's had a privileged upbringing, like someone said all she says is "I'm lucky" and that's it, if anything she's so defensive and makes it sound like she was borderline homeless and that this house is such a huge turnaround lmao. If she comes out with this to established book critics who are curious about her background whew it's gonna be a disaster.

I watch another youtuber who's been going for way longer than Grace and has more subs, and she says the reason she is still renting and can't buy despite having enough for a big deposit is because lenders are reluctant to loan to youtuber's/influencers unless they're huge as they don't see it as secure. There's no way Grace managed to get a mortgage for over a million AND get a loan/managed to start two businesses with huge upfront costs within the same year (starting from a HQ in central London mind, not like Gymshark from their garage), with the revenue from some elastic bands. Either the trust fund cashed out or she had help from parents as to me it sounds impossible.
I keep going on about the scholarship thing but this lie is so audacious, particularly here. She knows full well that people reading that would assume all of them had full-ride scholarships, which is just hilarious when you consider that a) full-ride scholarships for private schools are exceedingly rare in the UK, and b) where they do exist, they are awarded to low-income families, not to the daughters of millionaires. It's frankly disgusting that she has tried to swing the few hundred quid award they all got for being trained as choral singers since they could walk as proof that her private school education was 'earned'.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
When her book comes out, she won’t be able to censor reviews/feedback from Amazon, Audible, Goodreads etc, just like she does with everything else except Trust Pilot. Unless the publisher/Gleam etc buy good reviews, there will be no where to hide. This is the real world, not her insta bubble!

Reactions: 27
What is wrong with her!!! She literally JUST got roasted by more people than live in some cities in the UK for positioning herself as The Voice of an issue she is not qualified (through experience or education) to speak on. Now, Grace "My first reaction to an antiSemitic rant was to publicly tell Jewish people to get out of my inbox and stop complaining to me about antiSemitism" Beverley, a gentile, is telling other people to 'educate [themselves]' about the Holocaust, failing to pay respects to the victims and yet again centring herself, this time in a conversation about actual genocide?

Oh my God, I am trying so hard to be bleeping sympathetic to her but this is just ridiculous. she is an absolute PR disaster, how she is retaining this image of being 'educated' (as in 'woke') is beyond me
Fr, the fact she was more angry about a couple of people in her inbox (which tbf I don’t really agree with them doing that), than wiley literally saying jews need to be shot says a lot about her tbh.

Reactions: 20
View attachment 406869

I rewatched the empty house tour video and this is how she responded to someone simply stating that she's had a privileged upbringing, like someone said all she says is "I'm lucky" and that's it, if anything she's so defensive and makes it sound like she was borderline homeless and that this house is such a huge turnaround lmao. If she comes out with this to established book critics who are curious about her background whew it's gonna be a disaster.

I watch another youtuber who's been going for way longer than Grace and has more subs, and she says the reason she is still renting and can't buy despite having enough for a big deposit is because lenders are reluctant to loan to youtuber's/influencers unless they're huge as they don't see it as secure. There's no way Grace managed to get a mortgage for over a million AND get a loan/managed to start two businesses with huge upfront costs within the same year (starting from a HQ in central London mind, not like Gymshark from their garage), with the revenue from some elastic bands. Either the trust fund cashed out or she had help from parents as to me it sounds impossible.
I went on the vid to see some comments and how she can claim she is being transparent is beyond me. Other highlights
1) a Stan saying she’s stated multiple times she does not come from money (when your fans actually think you’ve had a working class upbringing and think you’ve directly said it, opposite of transparent)
2) “the V&A is the private sector, do some research k t he salaries”. Original comment relied to is deleted but can assume this is a clap back to something about her mum’s wealth. Can only assume she means public sector, where yes salaries are typically lower. But she literally insinuates her mum earns peanuts here and that is insulting
3) grez back to being patronising. Saying she’s addressed money, when it’s clear she’s brushed over it and planted seeds in people’s heads instead
4) says she acknowledges education, family and colour of skin as priviledge. The way she skirts and uses “family” instead of saying financial is another sneaky move

Attachments

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Fr, the fact she was more angry about a couple of people in her inbox (which tbf I don’t really agree with them doing that), than wiley literally saying jews need to be shot says a lot about her tbh.
I get she wanted to make the point that she isn't able to be there for everyone 24/7 to highlight and support heavy topics
but whyyyyyyy choose to make an example out of their plead for allyship??
Like surely she could have chosen another day to bring up how she feels when anyone oversteps a line in asking her to bring about awareness on a harmful event in society. She specifically pointed out Jewish people and embarrassed them. She could have just done a blanket statement to cover every person that demands performative action.

Reactions: 4
When her book comes out, she won’t be able to censor reviews/feedback from Amazon, Audible, Goodreads etc, just like she does with everything else except Trust Pilot. Unless the publisher/Gleam etc buy good reviews, there will be no where to hide. This is the real world, not her insta bubble!
Unfortunately I'd expect the Amazon reviews to be mostly positive. Even the most garbage influencer books get excellent ratings, which isn't too surprising because these books are being launched to an existing audience of loyal fans. e.g. if you like Grace enough to pre-order her book a year in advance, you've already bought into the boss babe crap so you're unlikely to do a 180 and trash the book on Amazon. She'll have a huuuuge amount of pre-orders from fans which = glowing reviews in the first few weeks.

Goodreads does tend to be a little bit more balanced and harsher. But I think I'll be looking to see the reviews from actual book critics (after the initial PR book reviews that always tend to be positive), and the Twitter critiques haha.

Reactions: 16
god she’s absolutely bleeping HORRIBLE! leading her fans to believe she’s anything other than upper class. all the lies about uni fees

and what someone said earlier is right - people don’t come here because they dislike her off the bat. they come here because they used to like her, look up to her, follow her, buy her products but she’s completely lost their custom ! how she doesn’t see that she’s got a BIG problem on her hands with fans turning to haters is beyond me. it’s not like she’s only slightly infuriating so we unfollow but don’t care any further - she’s unbelievably infuriating !

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I went on the vid to see some comments and how she can claim she is being transparent is beyond me. Other highlights
1) a Stan saying she’s stated multiple times she does not come from money (when your fans actually think you’ve had a working class upbringing and think you’ve directly said it, opposite of transparent)
2) “the V&A is the private sector, do some research k t he salaries”. Original comment relied to is deleted but can assume this is a clap back to something about her mum’s wealth. Can only assume she means public sector, where yes salaries are typically lower. But she literally insinuates her mum earns peanuts here and that is insulting
3) grez back to being patronising. Saying she’s addressed money, when it’s clear she’s brushed over it and planted seeds in people’s heads instead
4) says she acknowledges education, family and colour of skin as priviledge. The way she skirts and uses “family” instead of saying financial is another sneaky move
Yeah, I'm really confused about the V&A 'private sector' comment; I'm assuming that was her not understanding public v private lol.

Also, if she was trying to say that her mum's salary isn't that high, she is proving the entire point people are making about how insanely privileged her family is. So her mum isn't on a millionaire's salary, yet lives in a multimillion £ house and can afford to treat her kids to a millionaire lifestyle (private school, house in the south of France, bespoke music training). So she has that money somewhere - yeah, it might not be from a salary, but is is probably from the millions left by her father.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I think she has a tendency to exaggerate which is probably where the anaphylaxis thing has come from. Like when she said she has half lung capacity, which would put her at much higher risk of covid than others her age. Her exaggerations come to bite her back in the arse eventually. Honestly, it’s something I did a lot as a teenager that I actively try not to do now, as a very over dramatic person, her behaviours seem so blatant to me and it makes me think ‘oh god, is that how I sound to other people!?!’
I heard from someone at Uni that she claimed to have lost her memory for 6 months and therefore needed to have her coursemates’ notes and essays. Interesting that it coincided with finals exams.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
It was so outrageous that she used Jewish people to make a point about her boundaries so immediately after such a public, huge expression of antiSemitism, especially given I can't recall her speaking about antiSemitism at all previously. She should have sat on her feelings about being expected to respond immediately and used that time to write up a story/post that addresses that expectation without making it seem like it was about antiSemitism or anything else. If she found it hard to balance the request for people to respect her boundaries with respect for the issues people were asking her to discuss, she could have sought advice from someone or even paid someone to write the post for her. It's so strange that she seems so regimented but has no impulse control

I also dislike 'educate yourself' when it comes from someone that has not lived the issue/isn't in response to an extreme display of ignorance. She says it as if she has satisfactorily 'educated herself' on this issue, but educating yourself is an ongoing process. It isn't just about knowing what happened, either - you have to understand its impact. It's the same attitude she displays towards acknowledging her privilege - she needs to grasp that it's a mindset and way of living, not just occasionally declaring "I am privileged"

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
It was so outrageous that she used Jewish people to make a point about her boundaries so immediately after such a public, huge expression of antiSemitism, especially given I can't recall her speaking about antiSemitism at all previously. She should have sat on her feelings about being expected to respond immediately and used that time to write up a story/post that addresses that expectation without making it seem like it was about antiSemitism or anything else. If she found it hard to balance the request for people to respect her boundaries with respect for the issues people were asking her to discuss, she could have sought advice from someone or even paid someone to write the post for her. It's so strange that she seems so regimented but has no impulse control

I also dislike 'educate yourself' when it comes from someone that has not lived the issue/isn't in response to an extreme display of ignorance. She says it as if she has satisfactorily 'educated herself' on this issue, but educating yourself is an ongoing process. It isn't just about knowing what happened, either - you have to understand its impact. It's the same attitude she displays towards acknowledging her privilege - she needs to grasp that it's a mindset and way of living, not just occasionally declaring "I am privileged"
100% end of the day the dms she got were weird but she made a fool of herself screenshotting them and calling them out. The weirdest bit for me as well was after an entire day of fighting people on twitter and making it all about herself, in the evening she then posted on her story an infographic from a jewish page asking jews to do more to stand up for uyghur muslims. Obviously its not a bad thing to post, but the timing was... odd.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I think she has a tendency to exaggerate which is probably where the anaphylaxis thing has come from. Like when she said she has half lung capacity, which would put her at much higher risk of covid than others her age. Her exaggerations come to bite her back in the arse eventually. Honestly, it’s something I did a lot as a teenager that I actively try not to do now, as a very over dramatic person, her behaviours seem so blatant to me and it makes me think ‘oh god, is that how I sound to other people!?!’
She probably had a panic attack but “anaphylaxis” made it sound more serious 🥴

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Well, as was probably inevitable, the attention on that tweet seems to have died down, which probably means dear Grace will be able to squeeze her oily way out of a pinch yet again. Still, no doubt she'll be getting plenty of attention in the lead up to the release of her magnum opus where one way or another the truth about her family's gigantic fortune will come out :) Of course as usual it's infuriating that she manages to whine and half-truth her way out of criticism with "I'm not well" "I've suffered" blah blah. Factual? Possibly. Relevant? No, dear.

Reactions: 12
Did she delete her Twitter page?

If she did

She probably deleted it so that any tit storm that starts brewing on Twitter when her book releases doesn't amount to much if she isn't tagged.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.