Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if she has a dog walker for Ziggy? Otherwise the poor dog is only being walked 2 or 3 times a week!

I have never known anyone to put a reminder to take the bins out 😂😂😂

If you take dog walks, bin days and 5 birthday appointments off the calendar she’s really not that busy 🤷🏼‍♀️
I really hope she does, my parents have a similar dog and they have to walk her twice a day at least! and always very early in the morning especially

Reactions: 3
View attachment 413147
I.E. she’s had her daily dose in tattle flavouring - her new fave
It’s actually mad how we all live in her head rent free. I come on here on my lunch break and it’s mad how she reads all of this everyday. Surprised she has the time since she’s ‘so busy’.

Went to oxford but can’t do less than gcse level maths, lord 😳

Bruh. Let me guess she’s one of the ‘free speech’ crowd, but what she really means is ‘let me be racist’

Ok get a grip. She is so bleeping triggered over people pointing out her mistakes
View attachment 413155
View attachment 413156
She is the stereotypical Virtue Signalling ‘snowflake’.

Reactions: 13
As if we’re over half way through a thread which was started on Wednesday. God Grease your life is a mess

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Did she just learn how to read? The constant talking about it is like when a small child learns something in school and can’t stop talking about it.

Oenone, who actually is an obsessive reader and was throwing monthly book clubs, probably wants to rip her hair out. I’m sure it’s been discussed, but I wonder if she sent the book to her for her “honest” feedback.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Did she just learn how to read? The constant talking about it is like when a small child learns something in school and can’t stop talking about it.

Oenone, who actually is an obsessive reader and was throwing monthly book clubs, probably wants to rip her hair out. I’m sure it’s been discussed, but I wonder if she sent the book to her for her “honest” feedback.
this made me lol- she’s like my 5 year old who is trying to get a certificate for reading 100
books in a school year 😬
she’s always very goal orientated like everything’s some kinda competition on how you can be better than next man...(grease this is, not my
kid) duno if it’s a posh kid private school thing, or coming from 4 sisters 🤷🏽‍♀️ why not just read
cos it’s an enjoyable way to switch off
from this bullshit reality we find ourselves in? instead of doing it because you
feel like you have something
to prove?!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
this made me lol- she’s like my 5 year old who is trying to get a certificate for reading 100
books in a school year 😬
she’s always very goal orientated like everything’s some kinda competition on how you can be better than next man...(grease this is, not my
kid) duno if it’s a posh kid private school thing, or coming from 4 sisters 🤷🏽‍♀️ why not just read
from this bullshit reality we find ourselves in? instead of doing it because you
to prove?!
I agree. It probably comes from having 4 sisters to compete with and also having emotionally unavailable parents! We all saw how cold that text from her mum was about her having an ad on a bus.
She's probably been conditioned to believe that she has to prove her worth

• Heart
Reactions: 18
books in a school year 😬
to prove?!
Yeah with her it's like get ready for work work work work work [hustle culture bad] work work work work work

I read all day at work, emails, documents, policies, no chance im going to read work related stuff on my break 🙄

Also she said she didn't read at uni cause she had a lot of compulsory reading then. Well it sounds like she's hardly busy now so has plenty time to read

Reactions: 15
Yeah with her it's like get ready for work work work work work [hustle culture bad] work work work work work

I read all day at work, emails, documents, policies, no chance im going to read work related stuff on my break 🙄

Also she said she didn't read at uni cause she had a lot of compulsory reading then. Well it sounds like she's hardly busy now so has plenty time to read
Exactly this - after a day of reading long documents all day at work, no way am I going to read anything business or work related in my spare time

• Heart
Reactions: 21
books in a school year 😬
to prove?!
I'm surprised she hasn't signed up to Goodreads and uses that as her reading bragging platform tbh. There you can set a reading challenge for the year and you can also see the specific dates that a book was read, detailed things. But I guess that would be too transparent lol

Reactions: 25
I'm surprised she hasn't signed up to Goodreads and uses that as her reading bragging platform tbh. There you can set a reading challenge for the year and you can also see the specific dates that a book was read, detailed things. But I guess that would be too transparent lol
She wouldn't be able to brag to all her followers that she's a well read intellectual boss buziness kween

• Haha
I don't think she does that because I don't think she actually reads as much as she's making out 😂

Reactions: 19
I don't think she does that because I don't think she actually reads as much as she's making out 😂
I agree, there’s no way she’s actually reading this many books. if she is, she must be reading specific parts or barely processing them.

I'm giving the reading thing the major side eye here. I know very few adults who enjoy reading as a hobby anymore. Not saying it's not possible, one of my friends has a reading blog and is majorly into books. But I feel like it's an extension of hustle culture. Got to keep on educating yourself and reading highbrow things even in your spare time guys!!!!! Like...I'm sorry but no. I spent many many years at university getting 4 degrees, and I don't like reading for fun anymore. I like watching Love Island and other trash. I've served my time reading and I think we need to normalise not liking reading all the time especially if you've spent a long time at uni where you're literally trying to read things as quickly as possible to pick up the salient points - I do feel like doing this for so long has killed fiction for me, but instead of beating myself up about it, I'm just going to do things I actually enjoy doing now. Even more so if your job actually does involve reading anything remotely academic, you don't have to go home and do more reading if you don't want to. In conclusion: shut up Grace

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I'm giving the reading thing the major side eye here. I know very few adults who enjoy reading as a hobby anymore. Not saying it's not possible, one of my friends has a reading blog and is majorly into books. But I feel like it's an extension of hustle culture. Got to keep on educating yourself and reading highbrow things even in your spare time guys!!!!! Like...I'm sorry but no. I spent many many years at university getting 4 degrees, and I don't like reading for fun anymore. I like watching Love Island and other trash. I've served my time reading and I think we need to normalise not liking reading all the time especially if you've spent a long time at uni where you're literally trying to read things as quickly as possible to pick up the salient points - I do feel like doing this for so long has killed fiction for me, but instead of beating myself up about it, I'm just going to do things I actually enjoy doing now. Even more so if your job actually does involve reading anything remotely academic, you don't have to go home and do more reading if you don't want to. In conclusion: shut up Grace
Completely agree with this! I have to read vast amounts of paperwork every day in my job so I barely enjoy reading for fun anymore. If I am in the mood, I'll read something I enjoy like Harry Potter or lord of the rings 😂 after work I like watching trash TV because it requires zero brain cells and I can just switch off.
Grace's obsession with reading and learning new things just proves that she barely does any work, ever.

Reactions: 26
I love reading but I prefer reading fiction and would not be reading dry business articles for fun. Fiction can be educational too, I've learned so much about history for example, or geography, through the books I've read and it's so much easier to read a book that is interesting and you love the characters and want to know what happens in the story. It often prompts me to go and find out more about certain things from the book, so I end up reading additional things online etc.
Sometimes I read non fiction books, like Stephen hawking books about physics, or books about psychology or biology, because they are interesting. But most people I know usually fail at their aim to read more because they choose to start with books that are boring or hard to read. I can read big a book in 1-2 days if im super into it, but it's never gonna be anything business or work related ugh, that'd just remind me about work and stress me out when I'm trying to relax

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I agree, there’s no way she’s actually reading this many books. if she is, she must be reading specific parts or barely processing them.
she probably only reads the bits she highlights and posts on her stories imo

Reactions: 5
I read all day for my PhD and I don't care about feeling less productive when i go on my phone during my lunch break to watch tiktoks (or read tattle). It's not lazy to recognise that reading takes a lot of energy, especially for neurodivergent or disabled people! I can't, for the life of me, understand what Grace's book is meant to be about. How is her book anti hustle culture when all of her productivity tips are the embodiment of it?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I read all day for my PhD and I don't care about feeling less productive when i go on my phone during my lunch break to watch tiktoks (or read tattle). It's not lazy to recognise that reading takes a lot of energy, especially for neurodivergent or disabled people! I can't, for the life of me, understand what Grace's book is meant to be about. How is her book anti hustle culture when all of her productivity tips are the embodiment of it?
It will be about complete tit.
She has a skill of turning a simple sentence, or even 2 or 3 words, into paragraphs of complete waffle

Reactions: 16
I do wish I read more, but I don't need to be repeatedly told "if you have time for [easy meaningless activity], you have time for [strenuous meaningful activity]" by someone that is not obliged to have strenuous, comparatively inflexible work as part of their daily life. Like sure, I have the time, but do I have the energy? Not really, at least none that can be inspired by telling me I'm being lazy for wanting to switch off for a bit.

Doing an undergraduate degree isn't easy, but if all you have to do is 10 contact hours a week plus 10 hours of independent (flexible) study, and you are funded by your parents, it's just different to having 40 set hours obligatorily blocked out by work. Grace has never had a normal job whilst financially independent so I'm not sure why she thinks it's appropriate to present her advice as generally applicable.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I do wish I read more, but I don't need to be repeatedly told "if you have time for [easy meaningless activity], you have time for [strenuous meaningful activity]" by someone that is not obliged to have strenuous, comparatively inflexible work as part of their daily life. Like sure, I have the time, but do I have the energy? Not really, at least none that can be inspired by telling me I'm being lazy for wanting to switch off for a bit.

Doing an undergraduate degree isn't easy, but if all you have to do is 10 contact hours a week plus 10 hours of independent (flexible) study, and are funded by your parents, it's just different to having 40 set hours obligatorily blocked out by work. Grace has never had a normal job whilst financially independent so I'm not sure why she thinks it's appropriate to present her advice as generally applicable.
exactly, and this attitude of always being "productive" is what she is apparently against now... I don't know when it started but this attitude now that we need to be constantly "productive" or "learning" is so damaging. why do we?! i am studying atm, but in breaks/free time just want to watch mindless reality tv! people that promote otherwise will just burn out imo

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.