Grace and Grace

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What on earth do they look like
The majority of the time I tend to think Grace F looks nice, wild with the fake tan but she suits her style. However, I tend to be so confused by anything Grace S wears. Those sunglasses are giving dad going skiing vibes.

Reactions: 10
Sorry they’re some embarrassing the fact they hunted down the fashion show n weren’t invited then made videos claiming to get ready for the show when really they stood outside like 😭 have some shame. They post as if they’re fancy n rich which to an extent they are and I mean that in regards to foley but Grace s hair is terrible sorry View attachment 2025549
I’m glad it’s not just me that thinks her hair is awful, I know it’s her natural hair but she can at least style it better

She is definitely going to look back at pictures and regret the bleached eyebrows in New York and this hair in Paris

Reactions: 6
I’m glad it’s not just me that thinks her hair is awful, I know it’s her natural hair but she can at least style it better

She is definitely going to look back at pictures and regret the bleached eyebrows in New York and this hair in Paris
It’s her natural hair but she’s clearly not caring for or taming it correctly. Curly hair is a lot of work pre and post wash, especially the in-between days of wear. If you don’t look after her kind of hair texture well enough it just ends up looking unkept.

Reactions: 4
Feel like they’re going to get bored in Paris for an entire year there’s only so many crossaints you can eat and Chanel bags you can take photos of surely they’re gonna run out of things to do lol I say this because I’m bored of their coffee and crossaint posts already

OBVIOUSLY there’s loads of things you can do in Paris however they’re not cultured enough and are only interested in Emily in Paris locations and expensive restaurants idk how they’re gonna afford to eat out multiple nights a week tbh

Most people who move to Paris for a year are actually working (not influencing like working a job there they couldn’t do at home and getting a taste of the cultural differences), attempting to learn French, meeting new friends (not just going on one off dates but I guess that’s a good start), visiting other areas of France etc I bet they won’t even step foot outside of central Paris while they’re there

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Feel like they’re going to get bored in Paris for an entire year there’s only so many crossaints you can eat and Chanel bags you can take photos of surely they’re gonna run out of things to do lol I say this because I’m bored of their coffee and crossaint posts already

OBVIOUSLY there’s loads of things you can do in Paris however they’re not cultured enough and are only interested in Emily in Paris locations and expensive restaurants idk how they’re gonna afford to eat out multiple nights a week tbh

Most people who move to Paris for a year are actually working (not influencing like working a job there they couldn’t do at home and getting a taste of the cultural differences), attempting to learn French, meeting new friends (not just going on one off dates but I guess that’s a good start), visiting other areas of France etc I bet they won’t even step foot outside of central Paris while they’re there
Honestly I would be so bored. Their days have no structure. Also eating out this often is not sustainable. They deffo will not be staying more than a year.
They need a real job. Even if they were to create a fashion line or something, at least that would keep them super busy. They should’ve put their energy into their podcast. Idk how they’re gonna afford/sustain this lifestyle?? Their views and numbers are tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
then trying to look like locals in paris really cringes me out, like you know for well that she bought this baguette purely for the ‘aesthetic’ of looking like a parisian 🥴 just comes across as so tacky and embarrassing, like why are you even acting like this is candid? you literally asked grace to take pics of you holding a coffee and baguette 🤣
59F44392-073B-40C9-822D-B96C35DDC9F9.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
then trying to look like locals in paris really cringes me out, like you know for well that she bought this baguette purely for the ‘aesthetic’ of looking like a parisian 🥴 just comes across as so tacky and embarrassing, like why are you even acting like this is candid? you literally asked grace to take pics of you holding a coffee and baguette 🤣
View attachment 2036900
Why is she holding it like that too

Reactions: 3
Why is she holding it like that too
you just know the actual french people are laughing at them and saying tit about them...which they would know if they'd bothered to learn any French

Also like I accept it can be hard to learn a language later in life and French can be complex but literally EVERYONE in the UK learns French in school at some point, they should have a fairly large vocabulary built up and be able to do basic sentences etc

Reactions: 9
you just know the actual french people are laughing at them and saying tit about them...which they would know if they'd bothered to learn any French

Also like I accept it can be hard to learn a language later in life and French can be complex but literally EVERYONE in the UK learns French in school at some point, they should have a fairly large vocabulary built up and be able to do basic sentences etc
I never did any french. Didn't do any language in primary and did German and Spanish in secondary. Can't recall any of it except very basic words in Spanish 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
On their podcast they said they would rather speak English in Paris rather than try learn french and not pronounce is correctly and ‘offend the french people’ 🙄 in other terms they’re too lazy to learn french and I find it very arrogant. Even a few terms to try form the odd sentence, especially if they’re so obsessed with making Paris their personality trait. They could do the bare minimum

Reactions: 9
On their podcast they said they would rather speak English in Paris rather than try learn french and not pronounce is correctly and ‘offend the french people’ 🙄 in other terms they’re too lazy to learn french and I find it very arrogant. Even a few terms to try form the odd sentence, especially if they’re so obsessed with making Paris their personality trait. They could do the bare minimum
If it was just a trip I would understand but they’re literally living there. It’s so much easier to learn a language when you’re surrounded by it. They give off rich gap year kids, the locals must hate them.

Reactions: 7
So they’re basically homeless for the year (no fixed address)???? I know people go to places like Australia and Bali for extended periods of time and stay in hostels etc bc that’s just what you do there to be cost efficient while travelling but staying in a different Airbnb and moving monthly for a year is wild to me lol I’d feel stressed having to pack up and move constantly and not like I’m actually living there at all

Reactions: 8
French isn’t terribly hard we learn this in school they can at least learn the basics even if their accent is good or shot the French will probs still make fun of them 😂😂😂

they talk about wanting to save money (apparently to the extent where grace s drank mouldy milk) but then talk about spending £3k on a bag and over £200 on a cardigan… so tone deaf

Reactions: 15
they talk about wanting to save money (apparently to the extent where grace s drank mouldy milk) but then talk about spending £3k on a bag and over £200 on a cardigan… so tone deaf
It’s like people saying they’re skint or poor even though they have grands in their savings 🤣

Just logged back on here after a long hiatus as I saw their ridiculous reel reposted on Instagram of them dancing in the bins and didn't know who they were but it seemed distasteful.

I'm really curious as to how they've managed to live in Paris for a year, given that visa restrictions are tough to say the least. Then I watched their Q&A expecting to find a response to that question and there wasn't one. The thing is, the Schengen visa restrictions don't care who you are and you will get a notice on your passport and be refused re-entry to the Schengen zone if you overstay the 90 days within 180. They mentioned that they wouldn't be in Paris over summer, so maybe that's why?

I also can't get over their total disinterest in learning another language. We're built differently, clearly, but they do seem interested (read: obsessed) with dating, especially rich men, something I have inadvertently excelled at (lots of my friends and colleagues are HNWIs/wealthy). 5 of my tips for that:

1. Learn at least to pronounce basic words that you're using frequently in France e.g. "la Seine" should sound more as though it rhymes with "hen." It is certainly not pronounced "sane." Similarly, "croissant" will be more easily understood if you say "cwah-sson" as opposed to "crozz-un." A little bit of effort does go a long way and it's how I have such a wonderful network of friends around the world;

2. Dating becomes easier the more you do it and the more life experience you have, but also the less you care about it, the better. The more time you spend on yourself - especially thinking about skills you'd like to learn, hobbies to take up etc, the less you will feel the "need" to date. When you get to the point where you love your life irrespective of whether you're single or in a relationship, then meeting someone will be a bonus and your relationship will be healthier because you don't depend on that person to fill a void in your life. You'll also meet more people organically with similar interests;

3. There's no way of saying this without sounding like a snob, but certain diction, especially when accompanied with a glaring lack of education, will instantly put people off. I cannot tell you the amount of times I've heard from men that they wouldn't date someone who isn't well-spoken or who has a thick regional accent, especially an estuary accent. They might go for drinks, they might lead you on spectacularly and want you to spend the night, but they don't want a girlfriend who sounds chavvy. I know it's horrid to hear, and I feel awful saying it, but there are things you can do without altering your accent. Really pay attention to your grammar when you're speaking e.g. "we were," not "we was." I would never go on a date with someone who didn't bother to write or speak to me in proper English if it's their first language;

4. I'm pretty sure you don't need me to tell you that you're not going to meet the love of your life at a club - I know most of the Chelsea and Mayfair clubs. The queue is a meat market and the men are usually creepy af. I've been to the after parties. You can do better;

5. Further your education! Truly the best investment you could make! You could even see if there's a course you'd like to do at a fashion school in Paris or New York, which you could easily incorporate into your content and it would set you apart from other content creators, making it good for you immediately as well as in the long-term.

Bonus: be safe and make the absolute most of being in Paris - try to go to at least one gallery or museum a week, take advantage of every festival and event going, and try to leave the 1st/5th/6th/8th at some point. The Marais (3rd & 4th) is also such a cool area and Canal St Martin is also iconic thanks to Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain, who I can't mention without talking about Montmartre. Personally, I can't wait to visit le Château de Vincennes (sha-toe deh van-senne), le Parc des Buttes-Chaumont (park day boots-show-mon) and le Musée d'Orsay (moo-zay door-say) as soon as I get back, and that's without taking into account any of the incredible pop up exhibitions, markets, concerts, festivals, shows or my favourite restaurants, rooftop bars, speakeasies and everything else one of the best cities on earth has to offer 😍

Reactions: 8
I imagine they will just leave and then come back as it re sets if you leave.. they aren’t renting sounds like an air b&b so I don’t really understand the “ moved to Paris thing” they need to get some French lessons it would help them so much push themsleves a little bit

Reactions: 2
I imagine they will just leave and then come back as it re sets if you leave.. they aren’t renting sounds like an air b&b so I don’t really understand the “ moved to Paris thing” they need to get some French lessons it would help them so much push themsleves a little bit
This is a common misconception - it's 90 days within the preceding 180 days and it's on a rolling basis. E.g. if I had spent 15 days in Italy November 16th-30th, 15 days in Austria December 8th-22nd, 15 days in Switzerland (in the Schengen area, so it still counts) 4th-18th January and then spent 15 days in Slovenia in March, then I could go to France for all of April (30 days), which would take me up to 90 days within the 180 period from 16th November -14th May and I wouldn't be able to re-enter the Schengen zone.

The period wouldn't exactly "reset" - the 180 days preceding and proceeding the date of entry/exit are what count. In the above example, I'd be able to re-enter on 15th May and stay for up to 15 days, as my stay in Italy would fall outside that 180-day period. I would then need to leave until at least 7th June, which is when I could spend another 15 days, as the trip to Austria wouldn't be in the relevant period, and so on and so forth.

I appreciate that the above sounds convoluted, so here is the Gov.uk advice for British people visiting the Schengen zone:

Your total stay in the Schengen area must be no more than 90 days in every 180 days. It does not matter how many countries you visit. The 180-day period keeps ‘rolling’.

To work out if your stay is within the 90 day limit, use the following steps.

1. Check the date you plan to leave the Schengen area on your next trip.
  2. Count back 180 days from that date to get the start of the 180-day period.
  3. Add up the number of days you have already spent in the Schengen area in that 180-day period (you can use the dates stamped in your passport showing when you entered and left a country).
  4. Work out how many days you will spend in the Schengen area on your next trip. Add this number to the number of days you worked out in step 3.
  5. Check that the total number of days is not more than 90.

Source: 1. https://www.gov.uk/travel-to-eu-sch...al stay in the,limit, use the following steps.
2. Am a lawyer
3. It's the bane of my existence and those of my friends

Again, I'm wondering what visa they have.

Reactions: 4