Gogglebox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Given how much money C4 must have made off the show over the years (not to mention the awards), I’m surprised they get paid so little.
Would channel 4 have to pay license to use all the clips from all the different channels? I just wonder if they don’t make that much from it and that’s why the goggleboxers don’t get paid as much as you’d expect.

Reactions: 1
Would channel 4 have to pay license to use all the clips from all the different channels? I just wonder if they don’t make that much from it and that’s why the goggleboxers don’t get paid as much as you’d expect.
Not sure, presumably they’d have to pay something. However, given that it’s basically free advertising for those shows, you’d think they’d get it for a reasonable rate.

Not sure, presumably they’d have to pay something. However, given that it’s basically free advertising for those shows, you’d think they’d get it for a reasonable rate.
yeah I was thinking that too. Not sure how it all works really .

I really hate how the goggleboxers make so many sexual comments now?! I used to love watching this as a family but find it quite awkward now!

Reactions: 7
I really hate how the goggleboxers make so many sexual comments now?! I used to love watching this as a family but find it quite awkward now!
the brother and sister are the worst for those smutty comments! It’s relentless. Every comment from them especially the brother is some sort of sexual reference. Weird

Reactions: 14
the brother and sister are the worst for those smutty comments! It’s relentless. Every comment from them especially the brother is some sort of sexual reference. Weird
Yeah his comments when Tom Hardy was reading the book made me sick but I felt like a lot of the families did it this week including the Siddiquis and then Lee and Jenny with the lube and morning glory etc! I just want it to be back to when it was fun to watch

So Jenny just went to find paintbrushes she had, sounds like her caravan. 😂😂
I’m starting to think they’re playing a game with us. Next week they’ll imply it’s Lee’s caravan! 😄

Yes Friday’s episode they seemed even worse than usual.
She found the thought of her brother w#nking hilarious. I was cringing at them. It’s just not how you speak to a sibling of a different gender.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I have read previously (on numerous occasions / various TV news features) that the caravan is Jenny’s holiday home.
In recent weeks, the suggestion is - that the caravan belongs to Lee? I’m not sure anymore, I’m confused.

The social distancing is a joke. The Leeds sisters don’t live in the same household, same with the Siddiqui brothers.

The sex talk between the brother and sister duo is just wrong. I didn’t grow up in a religious household or anything weird - but I would never talk to my brother about wanking. They get on my nerves anyway, the sister appears to be an expert on everything.

I miss the Wirral family with the German dad. I think they were fairly normal - entertaining without having to set up scenes.

I think Giles plays up to the cameras a fair bit, but Mary is genuinely unhinged.

Reactions: 8
I have read previously (on numerous occasions / various TV news features) that the caravan is Jenny’s holiday home.
In recent weeks, the suggestion is - that the caravan belongs to Lee? I’m not sure anymore, I’m confused.

The social distancing is a joke. The Leeds sisters don’t live in the same household, same with the Siddiqui brothers.

The sex talk between the brother and sister duo is just wrong. I didn’t grow up in a religious household or anything weird - but I would never talk to my brother about wanking. They get on my nerves anyway, the sister appears to be an expert on everything.

I miss the Wirral family with the German dad. I think they were fairly normal - entertaining without having to set up scenes.

I think Giles plays up to the cameras a fair bit, but Mary is genuinely unhinged.
Oh I miss the Wirral family too. Loved them!

Huge gogglebox fan. Only thing keeping me sane at the moment!!! Unsure though why some families can break lockdown rules!!!

Reactions: 4
Oh I miss the Wirral family too. Loved them!
Have they left Gogglebox?

I notice the 2 old ladies aren’t on it at the moment - Marina and Mary but I suppose they’d be mixing households so can’t.

I also heard the Channel 4 announcer say at the start of the programme that social distancing was being followed! :rolleyes:

Have they left Gogglebox?

I notice the 2 old ladies aren’t on it at the moment - Marina and Mary but I suppose they’d be mixing households so can’t.

I also heard the Channel 4 announcer say at the start of the programme that social distancing was being followed! :rolleyes:
The Producer tweeted in April after being asked about Marina (84) and Mary (90) and just said "We speak each week. They are fine. Thank you for your concern".

Reactions: 3
Except they're not as they're in other peoples homes. There's no way they're not in the bathroom or kitchen either, especially Izzy. And touching mugs etc. Sure Helena doesn't live with her Mum either. If Lee or Jenny's caravan is a holiday home then what the hell are they doing there too. Only meant to be permanent residents. Not been watching it's annoyed me.

Such sad news about June. I loved watching her and Leon, and always thought she was such a class act. RIP June.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Except they're not as they're in other peoples homes. There's no way they're not in the bathroom or kitchen either, especially Izzy. And touching mugs etc. Sure Helena doesn't live with her Mum either. If Lee or Jenny's caravan is a holiday home then what the hell are they doing there too. Only meant to be permanent residents. Not been watching it's annoyed me.
I'm sure I read some where they're classed as "essential workers" like Philip and Holly because they're on TV 🤔

This has probably been said previously but I really used to like Pete and Sophie, however the way they talk to each other as brother and sister makes me feel SO uncomfortable :oops:

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.