Gogglebox #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t his ex allude to this about his temper? (The one he was on the show with, I forget his name). Judging by how it seems their friendship ended and he was thrown off the show and Stephen stayed and replaced him with his mum, I’d say he isn’t the nicest of people… although there’s 2 sides, I just always felt sorry for him not being on the show anymore when he clearly wanted to be
Chris was the guy who used to be on it with him. (I'm watching a lot of the older episodes at the moment)

I read something about them being offered other tv work together but at the last minute Stephen stayed with Gogglebox, bringing in his mum to join him, and Chris got dropped.

'Speaking to the Mirror back in 2019, he alleged that Stephen terminated their new production company offer without telling him, explaining: "After he sent that email I didn’t speak to him for a little while because I was hurt by it.
Then the studio called and said they would like to offer us the position back on Gogglebox. I spoke to Stephen and his attitude was ‘I’m not sure I can put up with you every other week filming’. Which was a bit of a blow.'

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Stephen sounds like and comes across as a witch. Some of the things he says to his current husband Daniel are close to the line.

Reactions: 13
Odd little story in the sidebar of shame today
It always helps to look at these odd little stories in the print version, they are usually positioned next to something else odd or out of context, that adds up to make sense when you read them together.

Reactions: 1
Stephen sounds like and comes across as a witch. Some of the things he says to his current husband Daniel are close to the line.
Definitely. He seems to run him down constantly. I know we only see snippets and I presume they are happy together but I get the feeling if Daniel retaliated with similar comments, Stephen would not be impressed.

Reactions: 12
It always helps to look at these odd little stories in the print version, they are usually positioned next to something else odd or out of context, that adds up to make sense when you read them together.
Exactly what I thought! Was such a non story & led on to raking up old news about him & Chris

Definitely. He seems to run him down constantly. I know we only see snippets and I presume they are happy together but I get the feeling if Daniel retaliated with similar comments, Stephen would not be impressed.
i always think this, especially when he’s “teasing” him about his drinking, or implying that his family don’t like him. daniel seems to let it go over his head but it’s not a dynamic that’s fun to watch.

Reactions: 9
Tonight is just a 'best of' from the celebrity version - 2021.

Then I guess that is it until the ordinary goggleboxers return in September.

Reactions: 5
i have to say, the celeb googleboxers watching that sex life shower scene is one of my favourite googlebox moments ever so i was glad to see it again 🤣🤣

Gogglebox was supposed to be retuning tonight. Do we know if it's still going ahead? They've cancelled The Last Leg.

I thought last night that Mary will be devastated. She'll be crying buckets.

Reactions: 10
Gogglebox was supposed to be retuning tonight. Do we know if it's still going ahead? They've cancelled The Last Leg.

I thought last night that Mary will be devastated. She'll be crying buckets.
I thought the very same about Mary. Steady, nutty.

Also Jenny and Julie will be crying when the funeral features which I am sure it will.

Reactions: 11
it’s still showing in the channel 4 tv guide online but only for 45 minutes (i wonder if they cut something “inappropriate” out?)

i thought about mary too, bless her.

Reactions: 4
it’s still showing in the channel 4 tv guide online but only for 45 minutes (i wonder if they cut something “inappropriate” out?)

i thought about mary too, bless her.
I think it must have been 45 mins because there were no adverts.
The announcement at the start said it was filmed before the Queens passing, I wonder if they'll have it on next week, as in the announcement on the news.
Mary & Jenny will be in bits.😟

Reactions: 3
The announcement at the start said it was filmed before the Queens passing, I wonder if they'll have it on next week, as in the announcement on the news.
yes, i only registered when it started that there were no adverts (i haven’t watched much tv today!) so it being 45 minutes made sense.

i feel like they will surely have it on next week - or maybe even have them to react to both the news and charles’ address. they usually have at least one current news story in an episode and there’s really only one story at the moment.

yes, i only registered when it started that there were no adverts (i haven’t watched much tv today!) so it being 45 minutes made sense.

i feel like they will surely have it on next week - or maybe even have them to react to both the news and charles’ address. they usually have at least one current news story in an episode and there’s really only one story at the moment.
I didn't even notice the lack of ads. Oops.

And Julie.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.