Gogglebox #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i know it’s their own homes and all but i wish so many of them weren’t barefoot with their feet right up at the screen 😳
Very rarely are they really their own homes on any celebrity edition of a show, be it cooking shows, interviews/talking heads, googlebox, whatever

almost always rented by the afternoon / evening and dressed just for the period of filming.

Reactions: 3
Very rarely are they really their own homes on any celebrity edition of a show, be it cooking shows, interviews/talking heads, googlebox, whatever

almost always rented by the afternoon / evening and dressed just for the period of filming.
i feel like sam and scott confirmed that last night when they were doing the “this is my house” thing with the reed burner, and neither of them could confirm how or where it was actually from 🤣

i’d love to know which ones are actually their homes, or just amazing set dressing. rylan, denise and nick all look like they’re in rooms that they would have legitimately decorated themselves. i’ll have to research!

I started watching but was tired and couldn't keep up.
I didn't know who lots of them were but kinda know now after reading here so will catch up later.

Craig's house was shown previously on Gogglebox, a clip of some programme (can't think of the name of it) he was selling lights made up of his initials 😂.

I think Denise’s is genuinely hers. She was on celebrity dogs behaving badly and she was in that same house

Reactions: 4
I think Denise’s is genuinely hers. She was on celebrity dogs behaving badly and she was in that same house
Yeah some of them will definitely be really theirs.

But at the same time nothing to stop them hiring the same location for two different shows!

It's not only pristine and "total wow / Grand Designs" apartments straight out of Cosmopolitan fashion shoots etc that get hired out for filming and photoshoots etc. Plenty of market for "lived in" and rough and ready places to be used as filming locations too, where the celeb wants to keep their real house private, or simply wants to be able to separate work and home, and leave the film crew and lights etc behind and just walk away from it all the moment their work is done.

Reactions: 1
I’ll be honest, the Heartstopper cast seemed like they’d be a nightmare to sit and watch tv with. It’s a fly. Please calm down. You can even.
100% agree with that! The fly thing just annoyed me probably more than it should have 🤣

Agree with comments about Sam Ryder. He comes across as such a lovely, genuine guy!

Rylan's house is definitely Rylan's real house. Seen it on Twitter and the white garden ornament dog thing he took from Big Brother.

Reactions: 5
Rylan's house is definitely Rylan's real house. Seen it on Twitter and the white garden ornament dog thing he took from Big Brother.
Yes, that is definitely Rylan's house.

I kinda thought they all filmed in their houses, but I guess it would make sense that some might prefer not to.
I love Gyles house, and I'm guessing it actually is his. Just guessing though. 😁

I didn't know a lot of the new additions either, maybe because I'm in Ireland?! When Denise said porthole I said to myself, oh I thought it was portal all along!
Funny when Claires wife Alice didn't realise it was Claire calling the house phone! I actually didn't even realise who Sam was until I goog.led him but he does seem like such a nice guy!
I like Rylan but sometimes feel like he's laughing at his mam. Probably only joking and just me being sensitive!

I didn't know a lot of the new additions either, maybe because I'm in Ireland?! When Denise said porthole I said to myself, oh I thought it was portal all along!
Funny when Claires wife Alice didn't realise it was Claire calling the house phone! I actually didn't even realise who Sam was until I goog.led him but he does seem like such a nice guy!
I like Rylan but sometimes feel like he's laughing at his mam. Probably only joking and just me being sensitive!
I love Rylan.
I think it's probably just how they relate to one another and that doesn't always come across well on tv, maybe.

Reactions: 6
I've got a question about the non-celebrity version. Are the houses shown on TV the families' real homes? I always assumed they were, but they show exteriors/streets and I've often thought that it would be a risk to have your exact street & house shown on TV.

I've got a question about the non-celebrity version. Are the houses shown on TV the families' real homes? I always assumed they were, but they show exteriors/streets and I've often thought that it would be a risk to have your exact street & house shown on TV.
Yes, I think they are.

In some cases, their houses have featured elsewhere in a magazine or whatever e.g when Ellie and Nat bought their house. And Paige and Sally (ex goggleboxers) Paige's house featured in an article I read somewhere. Stephen and Daniel bought a new place in Brighton and that was mentioned at the time and the exterior of the building is shown.

I don't think it's a risk really tbh. It's kept fairly high level, they show most of the houses or apartments from outside but don't specify addresses. And the goggleboxers aren't especially famous apart from Gogglebox iykwim.

Reactions: 2
same! it’s been the funniest part of the show for two weeks in a row now - i choked on my wine at the “something just went up my asshole. that’s the first time that’s happened…………. on an investigation”.

also loved rylan’s mum doing the hard sell for him to give her that moroccan oil 🤣

i know it’s their own homes and all but i wish so many of them weren’t barefoot with their feet right up at the screen 😳
BIB - I still have occasional nightmares about the time Danny Dyer and his daughter took part.

All I remember are his bare feet on the table right up to the camera. Shudder.
(It was definitely his own house, he reminded us a few times of that fact.)

Shaun Ryder's house is definitely his house, too. I have relatives in the same street and their living room is the same layout, always messes with my head a bit when I see it on telly.

Shaun Ryder's house is definitely his house, too. I have relatives in the same street and their living room is the same layout, always messes with my head a bit when I see it on telly.
Oh I love the idea of that 😀!
Just about to watch tonight's episode.

Reactions: 2
I thought it was very weak last night. Don't know if it was the celebs or the programmes. Not one of the best.

I thought it was very weak last night. Don't know if it was the celebs or the programmes. Not one of the best.
same! i thought it was an odd choice of programmes (they all didn’t seem to know how to react to that baby one wtf and the moose one just wasn’t interesting) - however the coda watch at the end did make me cry.

same! i thought it was an odd choice of programmes (they all didn’t seem to know how to react to that baby one wtf and the moose one just wasn’t interesting) - however the coda watch at the end did make me cry.
CODA is a lovely film. I cried when I watched it.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.