Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sticks&Stones

I lost it when Lee and Jenny were discussing Close To Me at the end "who the f*ck's Ray?! That's your husband".

• Haha
Reactions: 3

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Yeah shes obviously struggling to concentrate on it all but probably needs the money more than ever hasnt it been a strange time lately its like lots of tragic things are happening all the time dont know just seems like more so than ever 😢

Yeah wasn't he really abusive to him? I mean it looks like banter but who knows what goes on🤷
I looked up Chris, I gather he went through a very bad time overall and that Stephen was no help, to say the least.
I think Chris was better able to give Stephen digs right back, whereas Daniel mostly laughs and lets things pass by.

I agree with the comment above about Stephen being very insecure. I think the real person is well hidden apart from the jibes at whoever is on the couch with him.
And again, I must qualify the above by saying that of course we only see snippets of all of their lives. 😁

Haven’t read further down the thread yet as to whether anyone else has replied to this but I know for a fact that the cast of gogglebox can’t actually do much in terms of being an influencer/getting more famous/well known for something other than gogglebox. Take for instance the lad from the malone family who left the show, it was because he was getting veryyyyy popular on tik tok, same as the baggs family, they had to weigh up what was best, making a name for themselves by being on TV once a week or making a name for themselves on Instagram/social media and earning from that. They all say it’s because they didn’t have time/were pursuing other opportunities but it’s basically just what they have to say for quitting the show lol.
They also get all their food and drink given to them for filming on top of the £1.5k wage, they can order as much or as little as they want and it gets dropped off at the start of the week for filming.
The Baggs family? They were only on for one series and were rubbish! 😂

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
A welcome return, not so keen on the 'celeb' version.
Thought that they might have mentioned the passing of old Mary from Bristol & Mr Michaels in the end credits though tonight?
They did at the end of last weeks ep but it was very fleeting. Haven't seen tonights programme yet, shame there wasn't a better tribute

Traveler001

VIP Member
I don’t like Stephen and whatshisname, I don’t like lee, I don’t like Giles but he’s funny to watch, I don’t like the baggs family.

I like everyone else, I think they just get annoying because we see so much of them. They should double the amount of ‘families’ on there, show slightly less of them or show different ones each week and drop the ‘skits’.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
My first thought was should he be carrying bags while he has that halo on. Glad he is up and about.
i thought the same! amazing to see him up and about but carrying bags naturally hunches your shoulders and back, which can’t be good with a halo 🤔

50sGirl

VIP Member
He's gorgeous he was just so chill the whole time. My dogs would be going barking mad the little shits

I love andi and miquita, i'm so childish I was laughing along with andi and her cat puns.

Nigel havers and his mate add absolutely nothing. Just another way for him to get his mug on the box
Nigel’s mate is Denis Lawson, also an actor! He is also Ewan McGregor’s uncle.

Smca53

VIP Member
Haha fair enough!

I do also really like Mo & Babatunde and Miquita & her mum too, they feel natural and not forced unlike most of the people on this show
I agree those two and Nick and Liv feel the most natural to me. Nick has spoken publicly about Liv for years and taken her along to public things, they always seem to have had a really close uncle/niece relationship, probably cos they’re quite close in age I suppose.

However I do agree with others being back normal Gogglebox 😬

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I don't watch it religiously but will sometimes catch an episode
The other part of the issue, imo, is that streaming services have been included and it lowkey seems a bit like an advert for their specific series. Anyway, if I don't pay for the service I have no interest in seeing someone's reaction. Part of the fun with Gogglebox was that you usually had access to all the shows they reacted to (unless they were on Sky etc)

Also, a lot of it just feels scripted these days
They were really cheeky with Squid Game on the SUTC special. The 'clip' was the end of episode 4 and the first couple of minutes of episode 5, but played as one continual bit. It broke a cliffhanger ending by showing the result of the game being played.

The watchers were either just shown that clip, or were playing up to the cameras as they were questioning the rules of the 'game', but you'd had already seen it play out earlier in the episode with different characters.

I watched the Irish version maybe twice this season and am allergic to the new additions. The father/daughter wreck my head, she's a pain in the hole. The chunky couple add nothing and I'm sure there are others but I can't remember.

One of the Northern Ireland sisters looks like a corpse and they both irritate me too. The Tallaght girls are gas though and I just adore the Limerick family with the mother and 2 sons.
[/

QUOTE]

I agree with all you said. Cannot stand the new additions. The new girl and her dad really irritate me. So do the new couple with the dog. I do find it’s far less sculpted. There not told what to say. So glad the twins from Cavan are back they were always my fav

Reactions: 2

Pat the Dog

VIP Member
Cat
Cat
Cat
Cat-tastic
If you hadn't reminded me of this, I would have completely forgotten and this crap was the most amusing. Thank goodness next week is the last episode as it has really run its course this season. I can't even recall anything Bez & Shaun or Mo & Babs said this week that made me LOL, and they usually do.

FGS, how many more times can they show Jaws? 🥱

Reactions: 2