Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

calmyourritas

VIP Member
I did have a giggle about the sister (don’t know which is which) with her 12 cushions for one sofa. That is me 100% and it drives my OH mad

Reactions: 2

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Idk what tan izzy has been using this week but she looked purple! 🙈

I agree about the boring shows this week. Enjoyed the totp bit but made in Chelsea is not entertaining at all
I thought it was violet Beauregarde from Charlie and the chocolate factory

• Haha

Smca53

VIP Member
Weren't Stephen and Chris just friends after breaking up? So he was probably with his husband around then too.

"Christopher Ashby-Steed joined Stephen Webb on the first EVER episode of Gogglebox in 2013. At first they were in a romantic relationship – but after they broke up, decided to continue working together on the show."
Yeah, I think they were still a couple when it started though? I remember it being reported when they broke up, and reported that they were gonna stay on it as friends

alafolie

I think the Paige and her mum thing is something to do with a stepdad/Mum’s boyfriend. Could be wrong but that was my first thought when I read what she posted.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
One of them said she works as a something clerk - finance clerk? Bank clerk? It sounded responsible anyway 😂 and the other is pregnant, so I really hope they’re playing ‘joey Essex’ because they’ve seen how popular he was/is and how funny people find ‘dim’ people. Like on love island when that girl thought brexit meant we wouldn’t have any trees and it was played over and over - maybe they’re hoping to go viral.
Yes, that's right. I forget the exact description, I know it involved the word clerk. 😂

The one who is pregnant sounds like someone will have to explain using pictures and very small words how the baby will be born, when the time comes...

StatusWoe

VIP Member
Good to see some honesty TBH. Ellie has been bashed on here more than pretty much everyone on the show for being disliked, annoying etc. But because she's had a terrible tragic incident happen in her life all of a sudden people are glad to see her back.

Personally I liked her and her sister before the accident anyway but then I am from Yorkshire so understand their humour.
I find that so strange. They seem really nice. 🤷‍♀️

Wasn't keen on this week's ep. So much politics again. Giles & Mary's spider story was horrifying. Almost as bad as the duck thing. 😅

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
Ruth and Eamon also made me laugh out loud and the comment by Mel C's brother about the Spice girls was funny but other than that I am like you, finding it boring. Maureen Lipman seems like she has had enough of it and she had some rather funny comments when she started doing it but now it feels like she would rather be doing the ironing.
Lorraine is so not going to make her daughter "happen" is she?
I stopped watching the usual one when the posh couple finished and the lovely old guy died (forgotten their names) but am giving up on the Celeb one as well.
I am so with you!

Fourcandles

Are all the homes actually their own? I'm sure I heard/read some are properties just used for filming purposes.
I very much suspect this, I know that Mo Gilligan’s “house” is on a lovely road in Clapham Common and worth about £3.5m. I like him very much on gogglebox but not sure that at age 32 that’d be affordable for a not enormously well known comedian (and they’ve been claiming it’s his ever since he’s been on it, 2 or 3 years?). I’m also pretty sure I’ve seen a different family coming out of it on occasions when I’ve walked past.

gossipgirlxxo

VIP Member
I must say I really didn’t miss Lee and Jenny this week, but does anyone know why they weren’t on it? Covid maybe?

Pat the Dog

VIP Member
The ones who are pretty committed like Denise, Nick Grimshaw, Shaun and Bez and The Kemps work bit there is really no point in getting people like Iain Stirling and Laura Whitmore to do it. They pop in for the odd episode for 5 minutes and that's it. No idea what Jeremy Vine was doing on it.
Yes, this is exactly what I meant. However, I like Denise, but can't stand Eddie. I like Martin, but not Roman. Can't stand Nick and his awful niece (don't even know what her name is!) Fully agree about Shaun and Bez ❤ 'em! Followed by Mo and Babatunde.

Candyprincess

The Baggs family? They were only on for one series and were rubbish! 😂
They ended up quitting because the lads wouldn’t give up posting on tik tok and getting the fame from there. Production companies/TV channels are really strict with what you can and can’t do when you’re under a contract with them.

Pat the Dog

VIP Member
I must say I really didn’t miss Lee and Jenny this week, but does anyone know why they weren’t on it? Covid maybe?
"... earlier this week Lee suggested that he is in Cyprus visiting his partner Steve as he wished him a happy birthday...."

Eenymeenyminymo

VIP Member
I haven’t watched this weeks episode yet but I’ve seen a headline saying they’ve received complaints over a clip they showed, can anyone shed any light as I’m squeamish 🤣

emm

VIP Member
Idk what tan izzy has been using this week but she looked purple! 🙈

I agree about the boring shows this week. Enjoyed the totp bit but made in Chelsea is not entertaining at all
I think the problem is often channel 4 seem to be using Googlebox to highlight shows of theirs that aren’t doing well, viewing figures for MIC are probably really low aI watched the first few series but don’t know a single person who does now