Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pat the Dog

VIP Member
It's the singer Anne-Marie. She's also on The Voice with him.
Thank you. I don't watch The Voice so your explanation now makes sense as I wondered who this random person with Sir Tom was.

I love Nick and his niece they are always while funny.... agree with Johnathan Ross's daughter I would be mortified to do that in front of my parents awkward!!!!!
I have to disagree. I can't stand Nick or his niece, both come across as trying too hard to be funny and entertaining. They remind me of Pete and Sophie on regular G/box.

Doesn't Jonathan's daughter have some emotional and physical issues? This could possibly explain her behaviour.

Reactions: 3

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I think so too.
Last week I thought it was his hair cut that made him look different but this week I thought no, he’s had a face lift or something.
It’s a known distraction tactic - change your hairstyle at the same time as surgery and others think it’s the hair that made the difference.
He looks very strange now.
I think it’s filler rather than surgery. Surgery would need recovery time but filler doesn’t.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
I’ve not liked them since day 1 and my opinion has never changed.

I don’t understand why people dislike Ellie and Izzy. I don’t love them but they don’t bother me either.

If I was asked who to axe then, without hesitation, my choice would be Pete and Sophie, followed by the Baggs family.
The only ones that play up to the camera with scripted pre planned rubbish as much as Pete and Sophie is Jenny and Lee. You can tell both pairings before filming starts go through with one another what they are going to say for 'laughs' and it shows because it doesn't come across natural.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I loved everyone watching the musical show, what a divide in reactions! I have only recently been warming to DVO’s fella (brilliant moment about watching the Euros together) and loved his complete disgust at her jazz handsing away 😂
I thought it was so fascinating that it seemed to be a total love or hate thing!

I loved Mo’s clear enjoyment of a musical in particular. He’s adorable.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
They always do it! It’s a rare episode when they don’t mention sex. I find it a strange way to speak to a sibling.
Sophie mentioned “blowys” this week.

Oh and did they mention she had a boyfriend? I can‘t quite remember!
It’s like when Pete first had a girlfriend we had to hear that every week, ditto when she became pregnant, ditto when he became a dad.
I’ve never been a fan since day one.
I find it strange the subjects they discuss - as siblings.
Not to mention him showing her his arse every chance he gets. E.g the time he showed her his underwear which was full of holes. 🙄

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Those Baggs boys!! Well the oldest is very annoying he is almost camp in his reactions and then the younger brother tries to act accordingly based on what big brother is doing. The dad seems OK, the mum is irritating.
The older Baggs brother is gay isn't he? Quite a camp gay guy. I don't think almost is necessary, more like very camp. 😂

Traveler001

VIP Member
Yes, that's right. I forget the exact description, I know it involved the word clerk. 😂

The one who is pregnant sounds like someone will have to explain using pictures and very small words how the baby will be born, when the time comes...
If she’s genuinely as dim as she comes across, I’d like to see her putting the kids toys away. You know when you need to put the shapes in the shape sorter thing and stack the rings in size order etc. How will she help with puzzles and homework?
I’m sure it’s just her acting.

• Haha

Dwight

Chatty Member
I just had a nose at her instagram too, I don't follow her so don't know anything about her apart from gogglebox etc... anyway, according to a post she's put up she's a hairdresser with 10+ years experience?? Surely she should have more of a clue about matching styles and cuts to facial shapes & skintones??? Wouldn't trust her to bleach my whites, bloody hell.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Nah, I'm gonna have to give Gogglebox a miss from now on. I'm no prude but I'm sick of them choosing deliberately awkward, sex-scene programmes.
i’m no prude either but that last show they watched was 😳 and they seemed to literally watch all of it too.

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
Just watching the latest Celebrity Googlebox, and I cannot see a single white person on there commenting ....
I don't usually notice this sort of stuff.
Have I missed something?
I am all for diversity, but C4...

• Angry

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
Feel like I've seen so many articles about gogglebox not providing enough aftercare etc. While I do agree that they should get some support, I also think that nobody forced you to apply? You know its a popular TV show and that people will probably be making comments about you on social media. Just don't apply for the show lol??
I get the impression that the recruitment process is very fast. Gogglebox do not take appilcations, the producers go out on to the streets and look for potential participants and then pitch the prospect of joining the show to them. Paige, for example was poached when she was in the hair salon. The producers will tell participants how great the show is and how strong the support network is because they want them to join. Television is renowned for its superb care for its talent, so anyone looking in would think this be the case at Gogglebox. However, it seems not. It also sounds as though Paige and Sally were messed around, being asked to stand in when the well known families like Pete & Sophie and The Malones weren't available.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Considering it was their first programme, I found them more interesting than all the times the Baggs family has been featured.

I'm all over the place this series. The first episode bored me, but the following ones were not too bad until last night's. It was flat. I didn't miss Jenny & Lee at all. They used to be one of my favourite couples, but not any more as everything thing they do just seems so contrived. I think this is why I am losing interest as so much is so obviously staged now. FGS, Sue and Steve hardly ever say anything, yet there was Steve posing in lycra cycling shorts - Really?
This series is very flat, the loss of the Michaels, Pete & Linda, Marina & Mary has been very noticeable.

kev1974

VIP Member
Just watching Celebrity Googlebox tonight, and thinking how uninspiring all their Celebrity homes are??
I doubt if many of them are their real homes, far more likely to just be filming locations that they just turn up to for a couple of hours to watch what they're told to watch and film their comments!

It was just nice to watch a gogglebox without hearing Sophies fake flirty annoying giggle at everything Pete says
Definitely!

I thought Clare Balding seemed really rude to her wife.
I thought it must be her mother until my partner explained who it was!

• Haha