Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Comewhinewithme

VIP Member
Something not right with the ole Googlebox for me personally, before I would have never missed it! Now I'm reading this thread instead of watching it. Seems a bit played out now, not sure even changing the people would help.
Giles and Mary will forever be my favs.
I love the Welsh couple and a few others but think it's time up for some of the rest.

Reactions: 9

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
Comedy gold that one.... it’s interesting to see that Jonathan Ross had a large chunk of time on the show yesterday... and some, who are genuinely funny like Paul and Mel, didn’t get a lot of air time... maybe some celebrities bin it off when they don’t get much air time compared to time spent filming....
I was so grateful for Gogglebox last night, Wimbledon was excruciating 😔.... The Ross family got a lot if screen time, Honey needs to turn down the volume a bit, she had a death grip on that man .... in case he made a run for it😂...The size of their sofa😱...I liked Andi and Mikita, good addition.I am not familiar with the athletes but they were nice enough. The little ducks jumping out of te net and crossing the road....my nerves were shot😂😂

• Haha

User name taken

VIP Member
Probably an unpopular opinion but I actually quite like Denise V O's partner, he does come out with some funny one liners.

• Haha

Crazy_Cat

I was at the park today with my toddler and he was looking at the ducks and literally all I could think if was that duck program!! I am traumatised 😂😂

• Haha

honey&lemon

VIP Member
I just want her to sit back in the bloody seat. They always looked so much more comfortable when the other brother was on it, since the sister arrived they’re all leaning forward and it drives me mad.
I literally cannot unsee this since I read it here. They all lean forward now when she does!! It’s so irritating once you notice it 😆

• Haha

Kim Mild

VIP Member
It's the way Sophie tries to explain something intellectual that annoys me, it always sounds like she has just been told the explanation and she is trying to inform us through Pete, I just don't like her and never have , I lumbered Pete in with my dislike but he actually does say some funny things , and then as you say Sophies annoying laugh starts , I wouldn't mind them replacing Sophie for Petes new wife , I think he is getting married , obviously it would be up to her but it would be better than Sophie imo
Maybe she will. Their parents were on the Talk talk ad a few years ago , the come across being a bit of a fame hungry family.

Sticks&Stones

The Baggs family did make me laugh when the Mum was berating the Dad for encouraging the younger son to top up the petrol in his hire car.

It's nice for me to see some of the usually lesser featured regulars getting more airtime now. We saw Tremaine, Twaine, and Tristan along with Sue and Steve having their own little segments last night. I still find Dave and Shirley the most enjoyable, they bounce very well off each other and seem very genuine.

Lauurz

VIP Member
I fell asleep during the last part of the show last night but woke up briefly and put together "duck" and "between her legs". This morning I woke up thinking "hang on, what was that about a duck between her legs. Surely I don't have that right"
Went back to watch this morning....😭🤢

• Haha

Panstickpinkie

I really dislike how they show gruesome and violent programs and films recently, I avoid those kinds of things anyway so it’s really putting me off watching Gogglebox. I really only have it on as background noise these days, perhaps I should find something more worthwhile to watch instead but I do find Giles and Mary quite amusing.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
The thing about them inserting news segments is that it’s just not believable that sitting down for the evening news is the first time they would hear some of these stories, but they make them react as if it’s new. Prince Philip’s death was a prime example, it had been all over social media / online / TV / radio all day and yet they all acted shocked to watch the news (or inconceivably were all filming GB when the news broke)
Even some of the non news programmes they watch have this problem. Last year watching F1 Drive to Survive, Grosjeans fireball crash at Bahrain. It was a major news story because it was a miracle. And Marcus is sitting their as an F1 fan. And there they were pretending it was new to them, especially Marcus pretending to not know the outcome was so fake.