Gogglebox #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jeremy Vine used to be a serious journalist, he fronted Newsnight. His colleague Jeremy Paxman seemed to hate him, he thought he was a twerp. But now I see what Paxo meant. Vine just wants to be on everything, he is such a bleep for exposure. I used to follow him on Twitter but had to stop, some of the attention seeking on there was toe curlingly awful. People say that Richard Madely is Alan Partridge, but I think Vine is more like AP than Richard M. There is no way he knew that person was (who were they anyway?) and I am embarrassed for him that he accepted the gig.

This series has not worked. Too many randoms appearing and then not see again. Bez and Shaun are carrying the show. Even the Kemps have been lacklustre. Roll on the non-Celeb version.

Reactions: 5
I felt a bit weird watching Chris Eubank and his son last night knowing what had just happened.

This celeb version has been very weak. Too many changes. I do like Miquita and Andi Oliver though.

It only works if there is a genuine relationship with the celebs.

I like Denise/Eddie, Martin/Roman, Bez/Shaun, Gyles/Maureen and Mo/Babatunde.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I felt a bit weird watching Chris Eubank and his son last night knowing what had just happened.

This celeb version has been very weak. Too many changes. I do like Miquita and Andi Oliver though.

It only works if there is a genuine relationship with the celebs.

I like Denise/Eddie, Martin/Roman, Bez/Shaun, Gyles/Maureen and Mo/Babatunde.
I just wish they would go back to the normal people version tbh, but totally agree about the relationships between the celebs. What is the point putting together two people who barely know each other? part of the interesting thing is them talking about shared experiences etc

Reactions: 4
I’m just sick of the celebrity ones tbh, part of the appeal of Gogglebox is just seeing the reactions of normal people. I’m also sick of celebrities trying to make their children famous
Same. The normal one is miles better.

Another reason why I think the regular Gogglebox is much better is because we have had time to get to know the couples/families and what they are like. It just doesn't work as well with Celebrities that we maybe see once or twice a year. Especially with the awful pairings this series.

Another reason why I think the regular Gogglebox is much better is because we have had time to get to know the couples/families and what they are like. It just doesn't work as well with Celebrities that we maybe see once or twice a year. Especially with the awful pairings this series.

The ones who are pretty committed like Denise, Nick Grimshaw, Shaun and Bez and The Kemps work bit there is really no point in getting people like Iain Stirling and Laura Whitmore to do it. They pop in for the odd episode for 5 minutes and that's it. No idea what Jeremy Vine was doing on it.

Reactions: 6
The ones who are pretty committed like Denise, Nick Grimshaw, Shaun and Bez and The Kemps work bit there is really no point in getting people like Iain Stirling and Laura Whitmore to do it. They pop in for the odd episode for 5 minutes and that's it. No idea what Jeremy Vine was doing on it.
Yes, this is exactly what I meant. However, I like Denise, but can't stand Eddie. I like Martin, but not Roman. Can't stand Nick and his awful niece (don't even know what her name is!) Fully agree about Shaun and Bez ❤ 'em! Followed by Mo and Babatunde.

Reactions: 2
Yes, this is exactly what I meant. However, I like Denise, but can't stand Eddie. I like Martin, but not Roman. Can't stand Nick and his awful niece (don't even know what her name is!) Fully agree about Shaun and Bez ❤ 'em! Followed by Mo and Babatunde.
Agree with all of this. Shaun and Bez, and Mo (who I just love) and Babatunde are the only ones I can stand tbh. So I've given up watching now.
Nick Grimshaw noisily eating crisps with his mouth open and with his bare mucky feet on display was 🤢

Reactions: 3
Guess I’m in the minority as I thought this weeks was really funny, although I do agree about the random pairings.

Might be because I had a similar argument with my husband as DVO & Eddie as my husband also leaving me to watch the football on my own tonight. Also their reactions to Handmaid’s Tale was same as mine, that episode was brutal!

Guess I’m in the minority as I thought this weeks was really funny, although I do agree about the random pairings.

Might be because I had a similar argument with my husband as DVO & Eddie as my husband also leaving me to watch the football on my own tonight. Also their reactions to Handmaid’s Tale was same as mine, that episode was brutal!
I thought this week’s episode was really funny, too.

Andi Oliver is fantastic. Love her & Miquita.

Cat
Cat
Cat
Cat-tastic
If you hadn't reminded me of this, I would have completely forgotten and this crap was the most amusing. Thank goodness next week is the last episode as it has really run its course this season. I can't even recall anything Bez & Shaun or Mo & Babs said this week that made me LOL, and they usually do.

FGS, how many more times can they show Jaws? 🥱

Reactions: 2
Civilian Gogglebox is so much more entertaining.

Still don’t know who Jeremy Vine’s mate is. I suspect he doesn’t either.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
My favourite this week was Miquitas dog 🥰 he is the most tired pup EVER! So cute.

least favourite was Mel C (again) she’s just soooooooo loud and tries too hard

My favourite this week was Miquitas dog 🥰 he is the most tired pup EVER! So cute.
He's gorgeous he was just so chill the whole time. My dogs would be going barking mad the little shits

I love andi and miquita, i'm so childish I was laughing along with andi and her cat puns.

Nigel havers and his mate add absolutely nothing. Just another way for him to get his mug on the box

He's gorgeous he was just so chill the whole time. My dogs would be going barking mad the little shits

I love andi and miquita, i'm so childish I was laughing along with andi and her cat puns.

Nigel havers and his mate add absolutely nothing. Just another way for him to get his mug on the box
Nigel’s mate is Denis Lawson, also an actor! He is also Ewan McGregor’s uncle.

Reactions: 3
Mel c (refering to the shark from Jaws)
"that's really tit"
So we're the spice girls love

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.