GoFundMe Scammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd say he's got a while left if he's still eating. But hopefully these days will be quiet and calm. Thank god for palliative care teams, they really are in a league of their own šŸŒø
Not necessarily... My mum ate chocolate and ice cream sat up the day before she passed. She was eating as normal up to then

Reactions: 3
Not necessarily... My mum ate chocolate and ice cream sat up the day before she passed. She was eating as normal up to then
I had a relative with terminal cancer she was fine when we visited at 3pm at 8pm she passed

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I really don't know why she's posted that photo today. What about that lad's right to privacy now :(

• Sad
Reactions: 7
My close friends lost their six year old to cancer after five years of treatments and surgeries. I never saw, or needed to see, photos of him during his final days. I canā€™t comprehend how any parent think itā€™s ok to share images like this to thousands and thousands of strangers on the internet. If they printed these photos would they go and hand them to random people in the street?

Raising awareness of the challenges and heartbreak of childhood cancer should not come at the cost of the children losing their privacy.

This is a good article which sums it up pretty well.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There's no need for any photos any updates nothing. I know she's got a platform and there will be some people want to know, but this time is there time with him not SMs.

I can imagine when he passes we will be treated to a photo of either her holding his hand or holding/cuddling him showing the back of his head or something x

Reactions: 4
Lots of conspiracy theories regarding the missing boy Jay. Apparently the woman who set the GFM up is a drug mule, didn't hardly know him and the money is being used to pay the drug boss who is keeping hold of him ( something about drugs going missing)

• Wow
It's very weird, isn't it, something not adding up.
Yeah doesn't make sense. Someone's posted a screenshot what someone wrote about it all saying these men are from morrocco and aren't to be messed with. There's a page set up on FB

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Theyā€™re taking the piss now- ā€˜scan to donateā€™ on the back of a T Shirt
But what will the thousands be used for now? There will be no private treatments as his body won't be able to handle them. Is it paying for the whole of family to have the time of work? Extended family too?

Reactions: 5
The only positive for today is that Dilly looks very peaceful now they have had the syringe driver going for 24 hours or so. I remember it took them about 2 days to get the dosage right for my Dad. The fact that their son is on his deathbed and they're still raising money - words fail me.

• Heart
Very common at EOL. I wonder if they're not having much explained to them or they're just not taking it in :( It's making me really appreciate the PC care nurse my Dad had - they went through all of this and what happens in the final days/hours so it was a lot less scary.

• Heart
Very common at EOL. I wonder if they're not having much explained to them or they're just not taking it in :( It's making me really appreciate the PC care nurse my Dad had - they went through all of this and what happens in the final days/hours so it was a lot less scary.
When I was a student nurse, I did a placement in a hospice. There was a young couple there who had a child dying from cancer. They didn't fully understand what palliative meant and thought their baby could be 'cured'. It was the most awful thing watching the Dr's and nurses explaining that she wouldn't recover and would die.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I hope I am never in the position but I think maybe they are just in a bit of denial and donā€™t want to accept the fact that no matter what, the poor little boy will die very soon and they will lose their child. I canā€™t even bare to imagine how they are feeling about that.
What I donā€™t understand though is why they keep posting pictures of him at his very most ill. Absolute morons

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I complete agree, your heart has to go out to them but I think her Bio on her Instagram says it all, looking for a cure for her son's incurable cancer.... absolute denial and it's an effective coping mechanism for many until the inevitable happens. Then you have nowhere to hide from it :(

• Sad
Poor little Dilly, I struggle to comprehend how they managed to agree to surgery knowing he might not make it back to them. That is not a criticism, I donā€™t think there was a good decision for them to make šŸ„² I wonder what the hospital would have advocated in this situation, Amy seems very determined for him to carry on being treated. I just hope heā€™s not in pain or in any distress

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.