Gofundme scammers #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the new thread!

Can someone tell Oz to stop posting pictures! That latest one of Dilly his skin looks so yellow and swollen! 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Thanks for the new thread!

Can someone tell Oz to stop posting pictures! That latest one of Dilly his skin looks so yellow and swollen! 😞
I haven’t commented on this particular family and don’t follow them but curiosity from reading here made me look at their open profiles. That photo you’re referring to is a disgusting thing to do to a child during their transition from this life to the next..if there is one. I just need to ask if anyone knows why they actually beg for money on a GFM? I looked at that tosser of a dad, how much does that guy love himself. I looked back at his posts as far as 2016 before he met her and couldn’t believe his sense of importance and self love. Hers is the same. Then I saw the huge apartment they have on Canary Wharf and the boxes of new furniture etc posted when they moved in. Jeepers none of that stuff comes cheap, so I ask again, why grifting on Insta during your child’s dying days or hours. He seems to own his own business as there are posts about his employees. Why not sell the fancy apartment and flash cars and stop moaning about bills. I’m so angry I just had to vent. They are a pair of melts, there’s a place in hell for what they’ve put that child through in his last months. No sympathy for them here. My sympathy is for the little one, I hope his final journey is calm and peaceful and his destination is happier than the life he has had to endure. Poor little mite. Sorry for the long rambling post guys.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have a feeling that Mum is an ardent google trained medic - and she has probably sent the medical team in hospital round the bend. I was told very kindly by a hospice nurse to stay off the internet as it didn't help anyone at that stage and they'd answer every single question that I had.

I'm pretty horrified that it seems to be a growing trend that parents "sell" their childrens' last moments to the 'Gram/Facebook. It is so very wrong on every level and I really think that it needs to be stopped legally and morally.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I have a feeling that Mum is an ardent google trained medic - and she has probably sent the medical team in hospital round the bend. I was told very kindly by a hospice nurse to stay off the internet as it didn't help anyone at that stage and they'd answer every single question that I had.

I'm pretty horrified that it seems to be a growing trend that parents "sell" their childrens' last moments to the 'Gram/Facebook. It is so very wrong on every level and I really think that it needs to be stopped legally and morally.
Anyone going through an illness is normally told to stay off google! When my report letters come through from the hospital I ask them to explain it in plain English rather than some
Of the fancy words they say for parts of my body so I don't have to go on google And translate and then fall down the rabbit hole of investigating things further. I can imagine her sat up all night scanning the internet for every single thing that is ever mentioned!

Did he come from money originally?
I see he looks to be friends with Aston Merrygold in 2015.

Reactions: 3
What really frustrates me and this is across all influencer/sharenting culture not just Dilly’s parents, is the amount of people that still think this is ok. I feel like it’s still a really long way off before this is seen as socially unacceptable by the majority. Like another 10+ years of it!

You’ve got comments on Amy’s latest post asking people to get their kids to draw a picture for Dilly, share to stories and tag amy so she can show Dilly the pictures, and someone else saying their 5 year old asks after Dilly (why would you tell your 5 year old about Dilly, the sick boy on the internet?!) it’s probably the same people that are in these Archie’s Army, Star Hobson groups etc. I don’t know what this social media phenomenon is but when it involves sick / dead children that they have never even met it’s really quite alarming.

Reactions: 20
Did he come from money originally?
I see he looks to be friends with Aston Merrygold in 2015.
Yeah I saw that post with Aston Merrygold. Not sure about his background. First posts he put up were in London in his early twenties so don’t know when he moved from Turkey or even if he was born here but there’s photos of ‘home’ (Turkey). Looks like a wide boy to me and probably sold a flash car to Merrygold seems like he was selling luxury cars at one point.

Yeah I saw that post with Aston Merrygold. Not sure about his background. First posts he put up were in London in his early twenties so don’t know when he moved from Turkey or even if he was born here but there’s photos of ‘home’ (Turkey). Looks like a wide boy to me and probably sold a flash car to Merrygold seems like he was selling luxury cars at one point.
I wondered if his parents had money, seemed to be on yachts a lot.

Reactions: 5
I wondered if his parents had money, seemed to be on yachts a lot.
Yes travelled a lot in the past by the look of it lived the high life. Maybe he does come from money then. Just been digging and he’s director of 3 different companies in whats looking like shares with fancy offices in London. I’m even more startled now about why they’re grifting with a GFM! Must be worth some poke. Makes me sick how these people walk among us. Taking advantage of their situation to make a quick buck. Pair of scumbags.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Yes travelled a lot in the past by the look of it lived the high life. Maybe he does come from money then. Just been digging and he’s director of 3 different companies in whats looking like shares with fancy offices in London. I’m even more startled now about why they’re grifting with a GFM! Must be worth some poke. Makes me sick how these people walk among us. Taking advantage of their situation to make a quick buck. Pair of scumbags.
How the rich get richer 🙄

Reactions: 14
And the fact it’s still open (GFM) when they have been told all treatment is done and he can’t have anything else. Even once he passes she will keep that open. Money really is the root of all evil isn’t it!! I would live in a cardboard box if I had to, why is money so high / top of their agenda 😠

It's the people telling DIlly to "keep fighting" that piss me off. You don't fight cancer, cancer fights you. As if that poor little darling has any control over what's happening to his body :(

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
It's the people telling DIlly to "keep fighting" that piss me off. You don't fight cancer, cancer fights you. As if that poor little darling has any control over what's happening to his body :(
It should never of gotten to the stage where so many strangers know every single details of his medical history never mind telling him to keep fighting

• Heart
  • Sad
I’ve actually changed how I think about this particular go fund me. I honestly believe that they thought he would get better (as I’m sure most/ all parents would) and then by the time they came to the realisation that things were really serious it was too late to downsize/ minimise spend. Their girl needs constant care so someone will need to be there 24/7 and then there’s the baby so they will need a lot of support. I do get that they should have taken steps to support themselves but I think they left it too late (not blaming them for that)

I think there are ways to raise awareness and highlight things without over sharing the child themselves but I will cut them a bit of slack because I imagine they are totally broken and doing all sorts of irrational things currently.

My heart really goes out to them and any other family dealing with similar I just wish there were better official ways to support people so they weren’t asking for money from strangers on the internet.

But all medical care is covered by the NHS. Just not quack doctors offering natural remedies.

I get the whole irrational behaviour when your child is fading in front of you, but to be still pushing for money when your child is EOL will never sit well with me.

• Heart
They’re saying the money is for bills because Dilly’s dad is self employed. Yet, he managed to afford time off for their holidays! I appreciate they wanted to give Dillan an experience but they did multiple holidays, gifted ones of course.

Those photos are heartbreaking 💔 and they should be private. Out of respect for Dillan, I won’t be clicking on his profile.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve actually changed how I think about this particular go fund me. I honestly believe that they thought he would get better (as I’m sure most/ all parents would) and then by the time they came to the realisation that things were really serious it was too late to downsize/ minimise spend. Their girl needs constant care so someone will need to be there 24/7 and then there’s the baby so they will need a lot of support. I do get that they should have taken steps to support themselves but I think they left it too late (not blaming them for that)

I think there are ways to raise awareness and highlight things without over sharing the child themselves but I will cut them a bit of slack because I imagine they are totally broken and doing all sorts of irrational things currently.

My heart really goes out to them and any other family dealing with similar I just wish there were better official ways to support people so they weren’t asking for money from strangers on the internet.
They had a nanny before the GFM was made so clearly could afford one.

Reactions: 10
I think Dillans parents are enjoying the attention. I can’t imagine wanting anyone to see my child in so much distress and pain. I wouldn’t be sharing anything of the sort with anyone especially strangers.

• Heart
Reactions: 13