Gofundme scammers #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sorry but the fact the crying laughing face seems to be her most used emoji at this point really turns my stomach.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
There is no way this would be happening in a hospice. And I'm actually shocked that the hospital appear to reacting in this way. A family friend lost their child to leukaemia and truthfully those final days were horrific for all of them but the only "treatment" was pain management and the family were all warned what to expect.

I wonder if they are using the GFM to fund a solicitor who is forcing these actions, because I can't honestly see any other reason for them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Are the women who are advocating for Dillian, are they private doctors they are maybe paying hence why these things are being done as I really can't see a consultant at a hospital allowing a dying child to be put under for something as a midline put in. Surely at this stage nature should be taking its course rather than pumping him with platelets trying to keep him alive when he's clearly in pain

Reactions: 12
Genuine question as I don’t know but I wondered if there are places available at hospices for children? I recently lost an elderly adult family member and she waited a while for a hospice bed. They talked about a nursing home as sadly, there aren’t many hospice beds even in London.

Reactions: 3
Genuine question as I don’t know but I wondered if there are places available at hospices for children? I recently lost an elderly adult family member and she waited a while for a hospice bed. They talked about a nursing home as sadly, there aren’t many hospice beds even in London.
Yeah I'm sure there is. Only cos when I've seen a sleb on a games show they can be their chosen charity. Ooohhhh actually there is one called Rainbows not far from me

Reactions: 1
A quick google search found 6 that support 2000 families across Greater London. And there are 54 in total across the UK.

Reactions: 6
Our local hospice is for both children and adults. There's different areas for each so it's not like a child would be next door to an older person.

Reactions: 7
I know there's a few doctors/nurses in this thread and I'm curious... How much would Dillan (and other poor children in his position) know? Do the doctors and nurses explain to him that his life is ending, and tell him how it will happen?

I'm not trying to be morbid, I'm genuinely curious. I can't imagine having to be a healthcare worker in that position.
I've never met a family of such a young child who have told them that they're palliative. To me there's no beneficial reason to do so. They don't understand and every parent in the world wants to keep their children as happy and carefree as possible, shielded from such horrible things. When a child starts to become a teen, then it's more common but I've also found some parents of older children (ie: 14/15 year old and older) who don't disclose that they're palliative.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I know Amy has said before that Dillan doesn’t know he’s poorly. He’s been in hospital pretty much since he was 1. So all the children around him look similar and when he’s not in hospital he was shielding etc. so has never really mixed with children who aren’t poorly. Hospital is so normal for him. Which is so sad.

Both Amy and oz are quiet today, I hope it means they are spending Dillans last precious hours together and not on their phones!

Reactions: 11
No posting pictures of Dilly’s face as she wants to keep his dignity but shows his distended, yellowed, blood blistered belly instead.

Does dignity only involve the face? 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Thinking she has been reading here tbh! She's mentioned the platelets etc which we've mentioned him having and the fact she's been showing his face which she said she isn't showing anymore.
Just come off social media whilst you have this little time left with him!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I don't get the begging for help with london transport either, as if you'd even be giving that headspace....

He looks so poorly :confused:

Reactions: 5