Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
Im a few weeks behind- is on may still there? She seems quite childlike
No, On-May went home last week (I think it was last week anyway, it's all smooshing together now 🥴

As for this week, I actually shouted 'Oh come ON!' at my telly.

Roo should have gone home but it's obvious that Val and Dom love them and couldn't bear to do it, and so pulled this 'you're both through' nonsense. I am glad that Keiran is still in though. He may not be the strongest MUA but is definitely my favourite.

It just shows when they had to do a straight 'beauty' look for the red carpet, how much they struggled with that. That should be bread and butter for MUAs, they should be able to chuck out a glam red carpet look in their sleep, no drama. But it was so difficult for them!!!

And yet every week we get face painting.... AGAIN 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
I’d really like helpful tips too. Like acne scars, wrinkles etc. The glamour stuff is easy on beautiful young skin.

Reactions: 19

MuthaCuppa

If that’s true then for the LOVE of lipgloss no more fekkin FACEPAINTING. I want to see fashion editorials, advertising campaigns, problem solving, bridal makeup, in other words the bread and butter of most makeup artists. I don’t want to see people being made into lizards, space aliens or trees. It’s absolutely ridiculous, infantile and boring
Same! I don’t want to see someone’s tragic journey turned into a “look”, or a GCSE art project on a model’s face. I want stage makeup, makeup for older people, what’s trending now, new techniques etc. I do hope they wheel Rankin out again though. I like how brutal he can be when they’re shit!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

Lady_H

VIP Member
This show has gone super woke or something. Who cares about their pronouns and all the gender crap? And the way everyone always has to have a vulnerability or problem they’re bravely battling with and/or a dark time they’ve been struggling through… oh whatever. You’re not special, that’s life, just get on with the makeup.

Can’t believe that idiot wrote “queer power 4ever” on her face. Really hitting a home run for the cause there matey. How incredibly rude and childish.

megsmagoo

VIP Member
I sick of hearing about peoples traumas 😭😭😭 I’m here to watch about MAKE UP and how good they are at applying it. Tv is so frustrating these days, very rarely you can find a show that’s just escapism and I’m young lol

MuthaCuppa

Leomie is so wooden and contrived. I didn’t really rate Stacey but at least she was natural in front of a camera.
Personality wise Kieron is my favourite.

Reactions: 17

Greasepaint

I agree. Bloody bald cap nonsense. And the only time we see proper application is in the last five minutes at the face off.

Ocupus5

Chatty Member
I really can’t stand Roo and cant Understand how they got this far.
Kieran seems like a really nice person and Saffron is the best MUA in my opinion.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
We've all said it numerous times but this programme needs a serious overhaul. Stop with the 'create a look that expresses your worst nightmare' type stuff. That is theatrical and stage makeup. It's so bloody boring now. Yes use that type of stuff for one of two challenges but not all of them.

Am I the only one who finds Maya so annoying and prefers and misses SD

I wouldn't mind if any one from the top 4 won

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
I’m really fed up with all the face painting and “personal traumas and stories on a face” crap. Where’s the glamour? Fashion? The only time there is anything referencing that is on the face off. Bored
Ditto. I wish they would almost take it back to basics , dealing with dry skin, oily skin, hooded eyes, acne, acne scars. How to enhance features and disenchace others. But they I gues they wouldn't be able to bang on and wail about their journey and traumas.

Mookiegoose

I thought someone had been at On-May's face with a sharpie in last night's episode. Did she have a nap and someone brought a child in to draw on her face? What's with the dots? It's hardly original. A drag queen called Dusty Ray Bottoms on Drag Race did exactly the same thing about six years ago.

As for Roo's hair, I cannot even explain how much it irritates me. The colour, the style and the vile greasiness is just disgusting.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

CrimsonCountess

VIP Member
I think some of you feel the same, but I really wish it was more of a normal make-up show rather than just all about special fx and doing the most outrageous looks they can think of. I wanted it to be something I could actually learn from, like doing glam looks, subtle no make-up looks, holiday, night out etc. And more of doing make-up on people with different skin tones, textures, features rather than just covering them all up with prosthetics and wild colours. Now it just seems to be about who can make the weirdest creation, and I have to stick with watching mua's on tiktok:LOL:

HinchesSousChef

VIP Member
Had to pop on here and say I’ve always watched the show and generally love watching it. But I cannot abide the GCSE Art style mood boards with their childish explanations of “why I’m so sad” scribbled around cliche bad drawings of faces using blunt pencils.
Thanks. Had to get that out there 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Louanne

VIP Member
I've trained with an actual working 'celebrity' makeup artist, and know that they detest this show because it gives nothing about the real artistry, technique or reality of being a successful, working MUA.
It's gone down the line of all reality talent shows now, and it's more about the backstory and trauma of the contestants and has fuck all to do with the make up at all.
The standard of work is much lower than previous series now, probably because they're going for people who are self-taught from YouTube and Insta, rather than trained MUAs who know the importance of skin care and a great base over and above anything else.

Lilykins

VIP Member
No, On-May went home last week (I think it was last week anyway, it's all smooshing together now 🥴

As for this week, I actually shouted 'Oh come ON!' at my telly.

Roo should have gone home but it's obvious that Val and Dom love them and couldn't bear to do it, and so pulled this 'you're both through' nonsense. I am glad that Keiran is still in though. He may not be the strongest MUA but is definitely my favourite.

It just shows when they had to do a straight 'beauty' look for the red carpet, how much they struggled with that. That should be bread and butter for MUAs, they should be able to chuck out a glam red carpet look in their sleep, no drama. But it was so difficult for them!!!

And yet every week we get face painting.... AGAIN 😒
Yeah when dom said about axel how he didn’t know how to apply the product I thought…. Well if he doesn’t know how to apply basic make up wtf is this programme about?!
The final challenges are all so samey and boring.

I don’t get the big deal about roo - I haven’t seen many looks they’ve done that I’ve been wowed by, I feel they have scraped by and there is something about them that makes me feel like they would smell musty. Think it’s the awful hair.
I like Kieran but I feel he’s quite unprofessional on jobs, but as a friend they’d be fab at doing your make up!
I really like saffron and for me she is the clear winner - she is professional, can do glam and bigger looks and I feel she doesn’t make it about herself.

I don’t think the the standard this year has been as high as it always is but judges defo have their faves.

• Heart