Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thenoodle

Chatty Member
I don’t get the Roo hype from the judges, have they ever done a challenge where they didnt actually or almost run out of time

Reactions: 16

Spanner

Chatty Member
I hate the “do a face that tells us something about your journey” and it’s always completely nonsensical. I like the prosthetics when it’s for tv or something

Reactions: 16

Rosie glow

VIP Member
When Leomi was talking to the mua's after the first challenge I thought prince had come back from the dead that hairstyle 🤣
Hated that first challenge nothing to do with make up really. Thought Roo and Wesley were going to come to blows at one point.
Definately the right person left they really seemed shocked they were going home didn't they? Bit big headed

Reactions: 15

megsmagoo

VIP Member
I think it’s a real shame the shows gone this way 😭 I watched it for the make up not for the sob stories

Greasepaint

I can’t see anyone employing Roo commercially like on a fashion shoot or show because you can’t rely on her to finish the job. It’s all very well taking hours at something in your own home but it’s never going to translate in the real world. Saphron has this nailed as she is fast and versatile.

I’m still annoyed at that guy at the end of the episode!! Like I said such a wasted opportunity somebody else could of had, I LOVEEE makeup and creating and I’d die it I got on the show! But he was just so salty and bitter he was picked and ruined it for himself and essentially embarrassed himself.

Sarahsauce

The right person went this week. Their attitude was awful. They definitely didn’t see it coming!

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Agree with everyone else same old again when they have so much potential
Muas in real life surely don't do this face painting on a daily basis
They could do a bridal party, make up for older skin, changing make up colours for when you have grey hair camouflage make up for scars, taking a make up look from day to night maybe drag make up just something different

• Heart
Reactions: 14

HairyWeeTerrier

VIP Member
Leomi needs to sack her stylist! Agree that the right person left.
I've started to really like Kieran 😍 I feel like we could be friends haha
He is my favourite contestant, perhaps not the most accomplished, but he comes across as a very genuine person. Loving and kind. As a boy, he would have been very handsome, but he makes a very lovely girl too. Great head of hair. Best of all, he doesn’t make a big thing about his gender.

• Heart

Missmopps

VIP Member
Leonie seems very nice but sometimes I feel I’m watching a bot speak rather than a human being. It’s a very odd feeling.

Lord Voldemort

1. I hate the new presenter - and to think we were moaning about Stacey & Maya!
2. This is not a programme about glowing up - it's face painting (sometimes badly) and sob stories disguised in challenge briefs.
3. Ding Dong is getting annoying! As are Val's glasses
4. Saphron is my fave so far.

Rosie glow

VIP Member
I actually found that final really boring to be honest actually fast forwarded a lot towards the end just to see who won
Really liked saphrons look in the first challenge
Right person won imo

eyespybs123

Chatty Member
Completely agree it's just turned into a sob story and face painting competition 😟 very few actual make up looks. The crazy looks can be fun but not when it's every challenge. Surely the majority of make up is the basics- colour matching, ensuring it photographs well, blending etc- or special effect make up for film/tv, it seems really heavy on the Instagram looks lately.

Not to mention all the wokey bs, like asking the model what pronouns they use (?!) but that's for another thread 😂

Restless Native

VIP Member
I know. Face painting and prosthetics. Yawn.
I really would like to see more things like Red Carpet looks, or Old Hollywood Glamour. Choose an icon and do their makeup.
Not basically theatrical pantomime stuff.
I prefer the briefs they have like doing Strictly or Casualty. The face painting is so dull now

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Sadly I think it’s just face painting.
If we look at editorial make it can be extravagant, it can be ‘a lot of make up’ but it’s never too ridiculous. There’s always something being held back. Even if we look at the most lavish makeup artist in the business, Pat McGrath, her looks never look cheap or overdone. Yes they are at times absurd but they always seem to work.

IMG_7461.jpeg

But when we look at what Glow Up offers it’s hardly ever art or fashionable - it’s very formulaic, paint by numbers type. And we are left with we failed GCSE drama looks or children’s party face paint.
That’s not to say some aren’t good, they are, it it’s so few and they often end up looking more cosplay like. I don’t know, maybe I’m expecting too much from the show now.

IMG_7459.jpeg

• Heart

hrh89

VIP Member
Anyone watching this? Second series just started. I really enjoy it but it’s so interesting to see what the professionals think is good and what isn’t. I usually disagree with their choices 😂

I can’t deal with the lips on jake!