Glow Up - BBC Three

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sephora is back in the UK. Not a fan of them though, I miss Feel Unique. Thought we’d have Sephora US type things but no, it’s like Sephora France, which is a bit rubbish. Makeup by Mario left Cult Beauty and went on Sephora UK but increased the price point. They also sell medicine which just feels odd.

Back to Glow Up- watched the first episode of this new series and I’m done with the show. Not only is the presenter wooden, the contestants are pretty much the same throughout all the different series, they are way too OTT (all this crying the screaming is just too American for me) but what I noticed is that the makeup they do is so outdated. This heavy makeup look with foundation, brows, contour, eyeshadow, lashes, bronzer, blush, lipstick, lipliner, highlighter which the contestants seem to wear is really unfashionable now. It hasn’t been popular since pre pandemic. So it just feels a bit dated for me.
I saw a preview for the second episode and the main challenge looks exactly like this week’s challenge. Face paint, prosthetics, bald caps, ad nauseam. I feel like it’s had its day unless they shake it up majorly.
The new presenter is sooo wooden & flat maya jama was awesome

Reactions: 7
Actually enjoyed tonights episode a bit different from the norm, Loved On-May's pink eye look on the last challenge 😍 right person left as well I think

Reactions: 5
Actually enjoyed tonights episode a bit different from the norm, Loved On-May's pink eye look on the last challenge 😍 right person left as well I think
I really loved oni-mays makeup and definitely right person left.

Reactions: 3
I’ve have the biggest meh of all time watching this series. I’m watching it but I don’t care and i feel like I’ve seen it all before.

Reactions: 13
Anyone remember ‘Ten Years Younger’. They took someone who looked older than their years and transformed them. Sometimes they got a new set of teeth, but most of the magic was done with hair, make up and clothing. I would like to see the contestants work on someone with lines, looking tired a run down, and show me what they can do with clever make up. After all they can make very plain celebrities look fabulous. Or is that photoshop 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Anyone remember ‘Ten Years Younger’. They took someone who looked older than their years and transformed them. Sometimes they got a new set of teeth, but most of the magic was done with hair, make up and clothing. I would like to see the contestants work on someone with lines, looking tired a run down, and show me what they can do with clever make up. After all they can make very plain celebrities look fabulous. Or is that photoshop 😂
Me too, great idea. However. the concept of the makeover doesn't sit well with a woke ideaology these days. I can understand to a certain extent that people shouldn’t have to conform to a certain standard of beauty as and made to feel that their “before” image isn’t good enough. However, humans have been using artificial adornment in the form of hair clothes and makeup for a very long time. Glow up is super woke and I feel that if any of the artists did much as mentioned covering up spots, wrinkles or freckles it would be a big no no. (Red chair) Cover the whole face with bald caps, diamonds and thick stage makeup..? DING DONG

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The new version with Cherry or the older version with Nicky?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Only just finishing episode.
Why do they always carry on like they are going to wet themselves with excitement when a guest comes out?
Must say I had no idea who the girl off selling sunsets was but she was a better presenter and had a better rapport with the contestants than leomie

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Why do they always carry on like they are going to wet themselves with excitement when a guest comes out?
Must say I had no idea who the girl off selling sunsets was but she was a better presenter and had a better rapport with the contestants than leomie
I never know who the guests are 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
lol I don’t get this either, if I was on the show I’d be like:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Drives me nuts I only knew who plouise was. The over dramatics are getting boring

Reactions: 6