Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JulesC

VIP Member
It’s going to be Dua and Coldplay for sure, from a friend in the know. Third spot (rumoured to be Madonna) is up for grabs. The Killers could turn up in a Foo Fighters style way?
Would Madonna do the legends slot instead?

Anotherct

VIP Member
I think the issue was that Emily had promised 2 female headliners after the fuck up of last year, she was determined to sign Madonna (hence why she gave the third slot to Coldplay as they play for free)
But even tho she had the cash Madge bailed at the last min leaving her high and dry, they tried Stevie Nicks which didn’t work and we’ve left with Sza.
I’ll be at the Other Stage for The National and Park for London Grammar, clashes willing maybe a bit of Jamie XX
I’ll be watching Idles instead. I saw them in Belgium last weekend and they deserve that headline slot so much. So happy for them

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
The only good thing about the line up for me is that I told my 24yr old that it would drop at 8am this morning and he said I was an idiot, he’s had to text me grovelling!

I have also worked out looking at last years stage times that they still have to announce 4 Pyramid acts, 9 Other Stage, 6 West Holts, 7 Woodsies and 7 Park.

I have far too much time on my hands

ls240898

VIP Member
It’s going to be Dua and Coldplay for sure, from a friend in the know. Third spot (rumoured to be Madonna) is up for grabs. The Killers could turn up in a Foo Fighters style way?

TinyDancer2602

Bumping this for all the hype today about the ‘huge American act’ potentially booking to headline next year…who do we think? 🤔

petitspois

VIP Member
Actually, I see Liam Gallagher is touring next year, you don't think it would be him do you? or he could persuade Noel to get back together for one gig?

JulesC

VIP Member
I’m older than you and whilst I’ve heard of her (she’s massive on Spotify) neither me nor any of our 5 kids (13-28) can name a track 😂

I’ve been to Kendall calling and didn’t like it, it felt a bit like Reading and Leeds lite, there was a death in the campsite (drugs) and lots of blokes pissing against fences.

Have you looked at Deer Shed? Whilst it doesn’t get the big names, it’s very family friendly and the campsites allow you to pre book pitches, I’ve also done Camp Bestival with the kids which was fun but a pain to get to (don’t know what their new site in Shropshire is like)
Oh god, did enough of Reading and Leeds when I was younger 🤣

I’ve actually never heard of Deer Shed and I love visiting North Yorkshire so will check it out. The line up for this year looks good but my baby is 5 months so won’t be doing it until next year 😢

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
If it’s Dua Lipa, Coldplay and Madonna then I don’t think I’d have gone to see any of them! Bit gutted Gerry Cinnamon is doing the festival circuit this summer because I’m assuming he will be at Glasto and that would be amazing!

OhDearFords

Chatty Member
I've been lurking on this thread and thinking about a festival for next year to take our two children to (aged 12 and 8). One of our children is disabled so we would need a festival with good access - we would be using a wheelchair. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good family friendly festival that's not on an absolutely massive site, and might be ok with a wheelchair? We have been to Latitude for a few years now which has reasonable access but the access campsite is really close to several stages which is ok during the day but in the evening none of us got any sleep! Ideally we want somewhere close but protected from the noise. And the moon on a stick, so it would seem... I saw some earlier chat on here about Kendal Calling which sounds good, does anyone have any insight into the access here?

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
I remember just rocking up to the local record shop to buy my tickets in the 90s, no ballot or queues.
Me too, carried on going until about 2013 or something like that and then decided I'd rather go to 2 or 3 smaller ones for the same price. Rarely used to watch the headliners even when I did go though, almost always better stuff on elsewhere but you'd never know that from the TV coverage