Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ls240898

VIP Member
I think the issue was that Emily had promised 2 female headliners after the fuck up of last year, she was determined to sign Madonna (hence why she gave the third slot to Coldplay as they play for free)
But even tho she had the cash Madge bailed at the last min leaving her high and dry, they tried Stevie Nicks which didn’t work and we’ve left with Sza.
I’ll be at the Other Stage for The National and Park for London Grammar, clashes willing maybe a bit of Jamie XX
They tried Stevie Wonder I’ve heard as well. Madonna was meant to be playing Hyde Park alongside Glasto, dropped out, Stevie W replaced her at both then he dropped out. I feel like I would’ve preferred to see Olivia Rodrigo get a leg up or something

Reactions: 1

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
Yeah I’d love Pulp, Prodigy, Kasabian, Underworld, Gerry Cinammon, James and The Smile to all pop up! 😂
James apparently self confirmed both at a recent gig and on R2, rumours are that they are opening Other stage (fingers crossed it’s more upbeat than in 2016!)

I haven’t seen Kasabian since Tom left, I would definitely be up for a bit of bouncing to LSF (unless they play Sun in which case I’m sitting at the back of the field admiring those with stamina)

There’s also an Elbow shaped hole, new album and tour, surely Guy won’t be handing that Pyramid sunset slot over to another?

The Smile for Park tba? Rumours are KOL for Woodsies tba, I was still hoping Pulp were the tba last year even after Rick Astley wandered on in that powder blue suit 😂

• Haha

Anotherct

VIP Member
I am lucky enough to have tickets, the headliners for me are awful but there’s a lot of exciting bands below. I’ve never been before so I’m excited either way, but it does feel ‘weaker’ compared to previous years.
---
I've been lurking on this thread and thinking about a festival for next year to take our two children to (aged 12 and 8). One of our children is disabled so we would need a festival with good access - we would be using a wheelchair. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good family friendly festival that's not on an absolutely massive site, and might be ok with a wheelchair? We have been to Latitude for a few years now which has reasonable access but the access campsite is really close to several stages which is ok during the day but in the evening none of us got any sleep! Ideally we want somewhere close but protected from the noise. And the moon on a stick, so it would seem... I saw some earlier chat on here about Kendal Calling which sounds good, does anyone have any insight into the access here?
Kendal calling 100%

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
I believe Stevie Wonder was too ill and they couldn’t come to an agreement with Madge! Don’t forget though that there’s still secret sets. Pretenders were added at the last minute last year and also Rick Astley with The Blossoms and both were ace!
QOTSA weren’t on the initial poster last year or Foos, me and my 16yr old are forever hopeful that Pulp will be a late addition/secret set, He loved Blossoms last year, we have a joke that only Morrissey understands him being the tortured teen that he is 😂

• Haha

Anotherct

VIP Member
We went ahead and booked it too! Any idea when they release their line up?
This year it was Jan 25th, so I expect it to be similar next year.

I’m really lucky I got Glasto tickets this year but I will still be at Kendal, it’s the best!

Anotherct

VIP Member
This is our first choice! Never been before - we plan on taking our kids and heard it’s a good family festival.
It is, I can’t wait to go again next year. You’ll love it, especially with kids. Victorious is another great festival for families, but camping is off site so not as easy as Kendal.

• Heart

Rose28454

VIP Member
Oh god, did enough of Reading and Leeds when I was younger 🤣

I’ve actually never heard of Deer Shed and I love visiting North Yorkshire so will check it out. The line up for this year looks good but my baby is 5 months so won’t be doing it until next year 😢
Wilderness is brilliant ( a bit pricey )

chickhicks86

VIP Member
Just in case anyone wants to head back to the times where we were all obsessed with Mongolian folk metal 🤘 - The Hu's set from last year is now on Spotify / other streaming services!

• Heart

Anotherct

VIP Member
It seems a shame that they couldn't have booked at least one of the artists already on a rare tour. Madonna, Stevie Wonder and Metallica would have been amazing.
Metallica were so bad at Download last year, both sets. I’m glad it’s not them, but I’d have loved Madge or Stevie Wonder
---
James apparently self confirmed both at a recent gig and on R2, rumours are that they are opening Other stage (fingers crossed it’s more upbeat than in 2016!)

I haven’t seen Kasabian since Tom left, I would definitely be up for a bit of bouncing to LSF (unless they play Sun in which case I’m sitting at the back of the field admiring those with stamina)

There’s also an Elbow shaped hole, new album and tour, surely Guy won’t be handing that Pyramid sunset slot over to another?

The Smile for Park tba? Rumours are KOL for Woodsies tba, I was still hoping Pulp were the tba last year even after Rick Astley wandered on in that powder blue suit 😂
Heavy rumours are the Killers, Kasabian and Green Day for ‘secret sets’

LittleMissOnions

VIP Member
What a disappointing set of headliners! Not interested in any of them.

Still trying for tickets and hoping the line up has better acts!
The crapper the headliners means all the better to be able to avoid the crush that is the Pyramid field! Fingers crossed you (and I get tickets) and hopefully see you on the barrier at Woodsies for the good stuff!

EAD

VIP Member
As a 14 year old GnR were my favourite band, they just don't do it for me at nearly 50 🤣🤣

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
The crapper the headliners means all the better to be able to avoid the crush that is the Pyramid field! Fingers crossed you (and I get tickets) and hopefully see you on the barrier at Woodsies for the good stuff!
Exactly what I’ve said to my husband! We’re hoping to take the kids (for now…might change our minds 🤣) and it means we don’t have to face the pyramid crowds. Good luck!!

troutpout69

VIP Member
I’m going for the 13 time and tbh am pretty disappointed with the headliners. It’s turning very poppy these days and very much lacking rock and indie. Having said that, I’ll prob watch Coldplay for the 3rd headline time for me and then spend time at the other stages more. There’s actually some half decent bands lower down on the poster, it’s just the headliners that are nearly all shit this year!

Anotherct

VIP Member
I don’t know whether to try in the resale or just go to a different festival. They need to do a ballot system tbh but as long as they’re selling out, they don’t really care who got a ticket and who didn’t.
Kendal calling - it’s like a mini glasto!