Gizzi Erskine #2 She's terrified of not being special

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time lurker just coming out the woodwork to say WHAT on earth is she doing with her lips in the spritz video. She looks completely ridiculous
I watched it with the sound down, and I swear to god, if you didn't know who she was, you'd swear it was someone doing a cheesy 'send up' of Nigella.

Reactions: 1
In the spritz video, all I see is an overly made-up Pearl Lowe. Not the coquettish, twenty something she pretends to be.

And the coy sticking out of her tongue was particularly affected.

Reactions: 4
God she wishes she was Pearl Lowe, the musicians, being in the Primrose Hill set, the racy history. Gizzi is fast becoming an irrelevance and an influencer.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
For the avoidance of doubt, I do NOT feel sorry for her.

But she seems to be really lost. Used to have a glittering career, book deals, tv gigs, glitzy restaurant partnerships, slim, beautiful. Now all those superficial things have disappeared. She’s middle aged, bloated, has ruined her face with cosmetic treatments and is still clinging on to her younger days, constantly comparing herself to twenty something supermodels. She’s also clearly not very bright, and seems to fall out with people left, right and centre.

Reactions: 8
Did she take it down? Stories just seen to be cats and ‘giving best Kendall Jenner’ (omg so deluded)

Reactions: 1
God she wishes she was Pearl Lowe, the musicians, being in the Primrose Hill set, the racy history. Gizzi is fast becoming an irrelevance and an influencer.
Imagine being this motivated to live in 2008. 😂 Bless her, was cool for about 3 days 15 years ago and hasn't managed to move beyond that.

Nothing more embarrassing than when D list celebs, who are desperate to stay D list celebs, get old.

She just needs to grow a bit of dignity. Can't imagine this honestly helps her confidence, she must know what people are saying/thinking.

I wonder if she actually thinks she is still cool and popular and is honestly slightly mentally delusional or all this filtering and pretending to be a young beautiful thing is a huge defensive mechanism as she is well aware of her current normality -in terms of age, career, weight, looks, relationships etc.

I say it all the time but if she doesn't accept the fact she is an 'older' woman now in the celeb scheme of things (and that she should maybe go away and open a restaurant or something) the latter half of her life is going to be so miserable.

Competing with Gen Z at 45 is not it.

Reactions: 8
Did she ever draw the raffle?

That spritz ad is sad as duck - it’s giving whatever happened to baby Jane (brunette version).

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Imagine being this motivated to live in 2008. 😂 Bless her, was cool for about 3 days 15 years ago and hasn't managed to move beyond that.

Nothing more embarrassing than when D list celebs, who are desperate to stay D list celebs, get old.

She just needs to grow a bit of dignity. Can't imagine this honestly helps her confidence, she must know what people are saying/thinking.

I wonder if she actually thinks she is still cool and popular and is honestly slightly mentally delusional or all this filtering and pretending to be a young beautiful thing is a huge defensive mechanism as she is well aware of her current normality -in terms of age, career, weight, looks, relationships etc.

I say it all the time but if she doesn't accept the fact she is an 'older' woman now in the celeb scheme of things (and that she should maybe go away and open a restaurant or something) the latter half of her life is going to be so miserable.

Competing with Gen Z at 45 is not it.
While I agree that her carry on (esp the spritz ad) can be embarrassing, she's 43, not 45 or even 50 as that nasty IG commentator said. She's just a bit older than me and tbh I think she is a naturally good looking woman and not massively overweight or anything. I'd be happy enough to look as good as she does at that age.

I don't think she needs to 'go away' and do anything because of her age. Think it's a bit reductive to say that's she's a so-called 'older' woman so should just give up, put her slippers on and sidle off.

Reactions: 18
While I agree that her carry on (esp the spritz ad) can be embarrassing, she's 43, not 45 or even 50 as that nasty IG commentator said. She's just a bit older than me and tbh I think she is a naturally good looking woman and not massively overweight or anything. I'd be happy enough to look as good as she does at that age.

I don't think she needs to 'go away' and do anything because of her age. Think it's a bit reductive to say that's she's a so-called 'older' woman so should just give up, put her slippers on and sidle off.
Agree, aging and being the size she is (or anyone is!) isn’t something I am personally here to criticise but I think it’s the constant pouting of filled lips, likening herself to younger much more model-esque beauties that is just so cringe and unhelpful for her as well as others self image.

No doubt she has skills, just seems like image control and professionalism aren’t currently among the most demonstrable of them.

Reactions: 9

Absolutely not what I am saying at all. My issue with Gizzi is she obviously has an issue with aging herself - and tbh I am just getting sick of celebs with low self esteem making the rest of us feel crap about aging by filtering themselves beyond recognition.

Just accept you are getting older and embrace that - it isn't something to be ashamed off. If she can't do that, that's when I would recommend leaving the public eye - you can see how much it is effecting her.

I don't think it is harsh to say that maybe a 40 something should think about ways of existing that isn't just trying to compete for likes on social media with Gen Z.

And, also while she looks great for 43 (thought she was 45 tbh), I have spent my life working in film and TV.
In that world she looks completely normal for 43.

And, anyway, most people at 43 look great these days though. I am 40 and most of my friends are Gizzi's age and look as good.
They don't look 25 however.

Admittedly she is currently slightly larger than her contemporaries in that world which, again, IS FINE AND NEEDS TO BE NORMALISED, so please stop filtering yourself thinner Gizzi as it implies being slightly larger is a shameful thing. One minute everyone is chatting about body positivity and the next pretending they weigh 9 stone.

I am just sick of these hypocrites gaslighting us. And making their insecurities other people's

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I think she’s started shaving off years, she used to be a few years older than me, now she’s only 1 year older

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What's so 'raunchy' (I hate that word 🤢) about licking a sarnie?
I look like that every lunchtime when I open my Greggs for a scran. Get over yourself luv.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.