Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm pretty sure it was girla aloud manager Hilary who went on to manage Cheryl. Or was going to but she ditched her for will.i.am. something like that anyway and then she was signed to syco wasn't she? Once she was with Cowell.

I think nadines bar in california was/is very successful and she wasn't looking for celebrity fame like Cheryl was. So if the bar was bringing her some income to top up her GA money and she could enjoy california then maybe she didn't want to work ruthlessly for celebrity fame. Strange that after all that hard slog for years Cheryl is now reclusive and has just let it all go after all that hard work. If anything Kimberly is the most "famous" at the moment she appears on TV the most you would say?
I was shocked to see Kimberly in Ackley Bridge 😂

Reactions: 1
Reactions: 10
Sorry to be so negative but a close family friend of mine had breast cancer which was advanced by the time they found it. Chemo shrunk her tumours but the cancer still spread to her brain, she did last ditch radiotherapy and the effects of that made her last month or so terrible for her, she couldn’t even speak. She was diagnosed and gone within 11 months.
I know people mean well when they talk of miracles and of Sarah being a fighter and what not. But it sounds like with all the information she has (and only she and her dr know the full details, we don’t ) she’s decided to decline treatment and accept her tragic fate. She probably for the first time in long time feels like she’s taken back some control by making this decision.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
“Fighting” and “battle” is gross terminology when talking about cancer, or any serious illness, btw.

It implies those who manage to recover are somehow stronger than those who don’t. It can make people with cancer feel very low and like they have somehow failed if they end up terminal, when that it not the case.

Also, please respect people’s decisions about their treatment. You are not in their shoes, you are not their medical advisers, you are not their family, you do not know what, how, or why they have made their decisions or even if what they are telling you/the public is what is actually going on in private.

TL,DR respect people by being quiet.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
“Fighting” and “battle” is gross terminology when talking about cancer, or any serious illness, btw.

It implies those who manage to recover are somehow stronger than those who don’t. It can make people with cancer feel very low and like they have somehow failed if they end up terminal, when that it not the case.

Also, please respect people’s decisions about their treatment. You are not in their shoes, you are not their medical advisers, you are not their family, you do not know what, how, or why they have made their decisions or even if what they are telling you/the public is what is actually going on in private.

This, 100% this. My Dad died in his early 50's from cancer and my Grandma a few years later. I know noone means anything negative by it, but those words have always seemed so heartbreaking to me, like people who die from cancer simply didn't 'fight' hard enough, when the reality is in the vast majority of cases, it's sheer rotten luck and little else. Even worse when people suggest it's a lack of a positive outlook, I'm sorry, do people with cancer not reserve the right to be as sad or as scared as they should so choose? Most of us can't be positive about little, trivial things nevermind something like that. It's very easy for people to push treatments, attitudes or whatever other method they think is appropriate when they aren't the ones in the situation and never have been. Or indeed even if they have, what works for 1 or even 100, doesn't nessercarily for everyone.

Respect people's wishes and respect their right to not be treated like a failure for a disease that isn't their fault.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

I totally agree with what you have said about the terms "fighting".

I posted earlier about my brother who sadly died of Brain cancer when he was only 31. And i hate it because it makes me think that perhaps the reason my brother didnt survive is because he didnt battle hard enough, or he was weak compared to the 'strong' people.

Its almost like the 'influencers' who bang on about manifesting things to happen. Perhaps we didnt think positively about his cancer and thats why he died..... Which i know is bollocks, but i hope you know what i mean. :)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21

Definitely. A colleague of mine was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at 24, by the time she started treatment it was too far gone. She decided to come to the Christmas night out even though she was on morphine by then. Several pissed up colleagues kept saying “we can beat this” and suchlike. She just had a look on her face like “aye, whatever” people have no idea how insensitive that is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I know someone who is close to the Rooneys and I always remember Wayne reporting back to Colleen that during the 2012 Euros that Cheryl was harassing and stalking Ashley to get back with her despite them being divorced , Ashley was wanting nothing to do with it however as she was known as a psycho

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I know someone who is close to the Rooneys and I always remember Wayne reporting back to Colleen that during the 2012 Euros that Cheryl was harassing and stalking Ashley to get back with her despite them being divorced , Ashley was wanting nothing to do with it however as she was known as a psycho
There were 3 in that marriage, with her Mum

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can totally believe this! You could see it was a totally one sided marriage after a few years. Does anyone remember the first time she got back with him after him cheating and she spoke about it on the Johnathon Ross show? How many more times he cheated after that though!

Reactions: 3
There's a big group of us on Twitter trying to get Girls Aloud's Hear Me Out to Number 1 on iTunes for the day to support Sarah's publication day of her autobiography Hear Me Out. If you can spare £0.59 to support this campaign that would be amazing.

Don't mean to derail the thread, just thought I'd pop it on here. Hope it's allowed 💕

• Heart
There's a big group of us on Twitter trying to get Girls Aloud's Hear Me Out to Number 1 on iTunes for the day to support Sarah's publication day of her autobiography Hear Me Out. If you can spare £0.59 to support this campaign that would be amazing.

Don't mean to derail the thread, just thought I'd pop it on here. Hope it's allowed 💕
Thanks for the reminder, I would have forgotten 💞

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I’ll get it bought ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I remember years ago they wer doing that T in the park or something like it and Steve Jones was hosting. Him and Sarah had reportedly had a fling. During their interview with him he was teasing Sarah over something and she was obviously delighted but what i noticed more was that she was looking to the other girls to laugh with and not one of them would catch her eye. Always stayed with me i felt sorry for her then. Didnt know if it was jealousy because he was kind of big back then or just didnt like her. Very bitchy though

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I remember years ago they wer doing that T in the park or something like it and Steve Jones was hosting. Him and Sarah had reportedly had a fling. During their interview with him he was teasing Sarah over something and she was obviously delighted but what i noticed more was that she was looking to the other girls to laugh with and not one of them would catch her eye. Always stayed with me i felt sorry for her then. Didnt know if it was jealousy because he was kind of big back then or just didnt like her. Very bitchy though
I always thought Cheryl, Kimberley and Nicola were the mean girls. Remember Nicola when she was driving her car and collided with a cyclist. Ranting about her expensive car, and no concern for the cyclist.

Also all this sudden concern for Sarah from Cheryl, treated her like shite over the years.

I always thought Cheryl, Kimberley and Nicola were the mean girls. Remember Nicola when she was driving her car and collided with a cyclist. Ranting about her expensive car, and no concern for the cyclist.

Also all this sudden concern for Sarah from Cheryl, treated her like shite over the years.
Yes I know i was really hoping one of them would laugh along with her I remember thinking Cheryl was definitely avoiding eye contact on purpose. I nearly spat out my coffee when I saw the article on how upset Cheryl is. I just thought duck you Cheryl this isnt about you you never cared for the girl before. And I know you can still be shocked when you hear news like that but then to turn it about you? Reminds me of the SJP and Kim Cattrall fight.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.