Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FrostyChops

VIP Member
Can't believe people are questioning whether she is telling the truth- she was out of the spotlight for a while before now so l doubt this is an attention grab.

• Heart
Reactions: 69

Keet

Chatty Member
Some of the comments today about Sarah are so harsh 😔 rather than looking for reasons to criticise her for promoting a book maybe we should applaud her for raising awareness about going to your GP and not putting it off - even with Covid restrictions.
If she makes a bit of money from telling her story so what? we don’t know her financial situation, perhaps she’s thinking ahead for her funeral costs and wanting to look after her mum. Jade goody got slagged for telling her story when she was ill yet her legacy was to raise awareness of cancer in younger people and an increase in women getting tested.
I know this is a gossip site and we all love a good bitch but ffs slagging someone who has terminal cancer off only feeds into the narrative that this is a troll site.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

Squittel

VIP Member
Poor Sarah and family. How very unlucky. And that’s what cancer is, unlucky. It’s not a battle that only strong people conquer and weak people succumb to, it’s a disease that doesn’t give a fuck.

I will stand proud and say that Girls Aloud gave us some of the best early 2000s pop. Manufactured as fuck, but great tunes.

What a young age to go, I’m glad she was able to keep her illness reasonably private as that was what she wanted. Hopefully a dignified and peaceful death.

Get your lumps and bumps checked out girls and guys.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

GoLando

VIP Member
“Fighting” and “battle” is gross terminology when talking about cancer, or any serious illness, btw.

It implies those who manage to recover are somehow stronger than those who don’t. It can make people with cancer feel very low and like they have somehow failed if they end up terminal, when that it not the case.

Also, please respect people’s decisions about their treatment. You are not in their shoes, you are not their medical advisers, you are not their family, you do not know what, how, or why they have made their decisions or even if what they are telling you/the public is what is actually going on in private.

TL,DR respect people by being quiet.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Keet

Chatty Member
I agree @FrostyChops what benefit do people think she’s going to get from lying about her cancer or her treatment? She’s stated it’s terminal and she doesn’t want to lose her hair having already lost her breasts. Her cancer is incurable and wants to retain a part of her that makes her feel good during her final months.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

Yel

Chatty Member
Totally agree. I found 2 lumps under my arm near my breast in August 2020, same month Sarah was diagnosed. I could not get a GP appointment. I got quite angry with the GP receptionist and said my gran died from breast cancer. She said a doctor will call you this afternoon. No one called. In the end, I went private. I was fortunate to be able to. It was fine and nothing to worry about. RIP Sarah. Way too young to go.
GP receptionists are literally the worst. The way they and surgeries behaved during covid (with my experience) is abhorrent. I was denied getting something checked on and had to travel a long way to get it checked out at my own expense. It was fine, but that's not the point as so many people would have not had things checked and died unnecessarily. :( The way they shut up shop and put people off from receiving medical attention shouldn't be forgotten.

• Sad
Reactions: 40

Sufija

Heartbroken over Sarah's news. I'm genuinely shocked people are questioning if she's being economical with the truth. I mean seriously?! Couple of facts. Not everyone loses their hair with cancer treatment. My dad had terminal cancer and had his hair right to the end. Not everyone becomes gaunt with treatment either. Some people gain weight and appear swollen. The point I'm making is that just because most cancer patients have a certain experience with their treatment doesnt mean thats everyone's experience so if you're thinking of questioning the authenticity of what Sarah is going through, just don't.

• Heart
  • Sad

ChitChat2021

Celebrity? When did she last work? She was chucked off Corrie because of 'issues'. She was taken off stage because of 'issues'. She let drink and drugs take her life over. Her money is gone - you think private care is better than the NHS - it isn't in serious stuff like this. It maybe if you are trying to get a hip replacement and don't want to be on the waiting list but I can guarantee if anything goes wrong during the night in your private clinic you will be in an ambulance on the way to an NHS hospital. There is usually no overnight cover in private hospitals such as surgeons. There will be a registrar on call who will assess and hit the 999. Believe me. Oh and the kitchen will probably serve you an omelette at 3 in the morning.

She was a drunk. Don't you remember her in the BB house lol.
People are here to support Sarah and her family. Calling Sarah ‘a drunk’ is completely disrespectful as is the tone of your post.

Your question of when did she last work is irrelevant and putting a question mark of her being a celebrity is nonsensical. She was one fifth of one of the UK’s biggest girlbands, that is why we are all here as GA fans. She has reached professional heights none of us will reach and you cannot take that away from her.

If you are going to spew hate then I don’t think this thread is for you.

• Heart

Clairer86

VIP Member
♥ that's what my brother has, so sorry for your loss
Im so sorry you are also going through it. My heart breaks for you and your brother. Cancer is the most horrible fucking thing, and i always say that my one wish in life is to remove all cancers. I know you dont know me but im sending you all a massive hug.
My brother first got a cancerous brain tumour in 2000 when he was only 20, but he had an operation and chemo and it seemed to go. And then it came back a few year later, but again it seemed to be under control. He had to go to Preston Hospital for check ups all the time, and then it came back again in 2009. But the strange thing is (now i think about it) is i just assumed he would be okay because he had lived with it for so long, i never ever thought he would die from it. That was probably me being naive and my parents habit of pretending everything was okay (until it was clear it wasnt okay!).
One of the most beautiful memories i have of Michael is when he was in the hospice and all his mates came to see him, and they just talked to him normally- about football ( we are massive liverpool fans), night out, girls etc etc. Throughout his time in the hospice he had loads of visitors and it was so nice to see just how loved he was. His best friend (who is now my partner and the father to my kids!) visited him when Michael was more asleep than awake, and bought him a magazine and read it too him!
The nurses at the hospice were amazing as well. They were amazing with Michael and also us. They always dressed him in his Liverpool tops and jeans, they shaved him and put his favourite aftershave on him, and they even hid his cathetur- which i still find the nicest thing. xxxxxx

• Heart

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Such sad news. Poor Sarah. Imagine having to accept that you are going to die soon and there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s gut wrenching. The poor poor girl. I hope she is as comfortable as she can be in her remaining months and she manages to make some lovely moments with those she loves. This has just made me feel so sad for her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

hol20x

VIP Member
I'm genuinely gutted and in tears. I had so much hope that by some miracle she would beat its arse. RIP Sarah.
Me too. Girls Aloud were a huge part of my childhood and teenage years. I met my best friend through them. I’ll never forget going to the Tangled Up tour (my first GA show) and Sarah waving at me, I was 14 and she made my night. She was a joy to watch perform.

Finding this hard to process even though we knew it was coming. She didn’t even get to reach her 40th birthday.

• Sad
  • Heart

davidsdead

VIP Member
Sorry to be so negative but a close family friend of mine had breast cancer which was advanced by the time they found it. Chemo shrunk her tumours but the cancer still spread to her brain, she did last ditch radiotherapy and the effects of that made her last month or so terrible for her, she couldn’t even speak. She was diagnosed and gone within 11 months.
I know people mean well when they talk of miracles and of Sarah being a fighter and what not. But it sounds like with all the information she has (and only she and her dr know the full details, we don’t ) she’s decided to decline treatment and accept her tragic fate. She probably for the first time in long time feels like she’s taken back some control by making this decision.

• Heart
  • Sad

hol20x

VIP Member
GP receptionists are literally the worst. The way they and surgeries behaved during covid (with my experience) is abhorrent. I was denied getting something checked on and had to travel a long way to get it checked out at my own expense. It was fine, but that's not the point as so many people would have not had things checked and died unnecessarily. :( The way they shut up shop and put people off from receiving medical attention shouldn't be forgotten.
I’m a GP receptionist and you should not be palmed off with something as important as that. I promise we aren’t all the snappy cows everyone says we are. Some of us do want to help.

• Heart
Reactions: 33