Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually liked Nadine's solo single and album. To this day there's a few songs I'd go onto Spotify and listen to. She has a great voice. It's just such a shame she didn't get the promo.

I was always a massive Cheryl fan. I always had a Cheradine (Cheryl and Nadine) profile picture on the Girls Aloud forum. Who remembers those days?! Seems so long ago!
I've seen GA three times, TU, OOC and the Ten tour. I also went to Cheryl's solo tour at the O2. I genuinely loved that concert.

I love all of the Girls Aloud albums, I've got quite a few favourites from the album. Apart from the singles, I love Some Kind of Miracle and Mars Attack.

Reactions: 2
Yes and not to mention Nadine’s dodgy manager, does anyone remember him!? 😬 The ‘exclusive‘ deal with Tesco was obvioucky pitched to her as a game-changer but ruined her chances of a decent chart position. I do think Nadine is a bit more relaxed and maybe lacked the ruthless ambition than Cheryl had!? Posing that as a question...

Cheryl had a superb team behind her.
When you watch Off The Record you get the feeling that Nadine maybe didn't take it as seriously as the other girls. I kinda liked that about her though 😄

Reactions: 10
I'm pretty sure it was girla aloud manager Hilary who went on to manage Cheryl. Or was going to but she ditched her for will.i.am. something like that anyway and then she was signed to syco wasn't she? Once she was with Cowell.

I think nadines bar in california was/is very successful and she wasn't looking for celebrity fame like Cheryl was. So if the bar was bringing her some income to top up her GA money and she could enjoy california then maybe she didn't want to work ruthlessly for celebrity fame. Strange that after all that hard slog for years Cheryl is now reclusive and has just let it all go after all that hard work. If anything Kimberly is the most "famous" at the moment she appears on TV the most you would say?
A hahahaha indeed! Most famous envelope opening attendee 😭 bless her 💖

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yep Kim is desperately trying to keep onto the spot light moving in this morning/loose women type circles isn't she. The others seem more chill about it all.

I LOVED call my name. I actually recreated the outfit for a night out i went on lol.

Reactions: 4
Louis Walsh didn't think much of Cheryl.

I'm no fan of Louis, but he called Ronan Keating a wedding day singer....
I love him for that!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Louis Walsh didn't think much of Cheryl.

I'm no fan of Louis, but he called Ronan Keating a wedding day singer....
I love him for that!
When she auditioned for Popstars the first thing the judges mentioned was her looks . She wouldn't have got anywhere without them

Reactions: 9
I can't believe Call My Name was 9 years ago. So many fond memories of that summer and that song was everywhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm pretty sure it was girla aloud manager Hilary who went on to manage Cheryl. Or was going to but she ditched her for will.i.am. something like that anyway and then she was signed to syco wasn't she? Once she was with Cowell.

I think nadines bar in california was/is very successful and she wasn't looking for celebrity fame like Cheryl was. So if the bar was bringing her some income to top up her GA money and she could enjoy california then maybe she didn't want to work ruthlessly for celebrity fame. Strange that after all that hard slog for years Cheryl is now reclusive and has just let it all go after all that hard work. If anything Kimberly is the most "famous" at the moment she appears on TV the most you would say?
Tbh I think Nadine’s lack of drive/ambition or whatever you want to call it is also evident by Nadine’s Irish Mist. It is now closed btw and seems Nadine was hit with a massive tax bill. Don’t think it was doing that well in the last couple of years before it shut. I think that’s why Nadine has amped things up since moving back to the UK with I’m a celeb, numerous OK! and Hello covers and now Celeb Bake Off. I have to say I didn’t think she’d go down the celeb reality TV route but needs must £££££.

I think Nadine’s Irish Mist was a generous thing for Nadine to do and a pet project, essentially giving her family a business and a reason to set-up camp in California. These things always end up in disaster though.

As someone else said Nadine clearly enjoyed being a pop star which I agree I’ve always found refreshing. Do you remember her and Sarah having a laugh in the pissing rain in China and the rest of the moaning Mollies complaining!? 😂 Good times! As I said a few pages ago, what a time in pop culture history. So glad they existed before the Instagram era.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Tbh I think Nadine’s lack of drive/ambition or whatever you want to call it is also evident by Nadine’s Irish Mist. It is now closed btw and seems Nadine was hit with a massive tax bill. Don’t think it was doing that well in the last couple of years before it shut. I think that’s why Nadine has amped things up since moving back to the UK with I’m a celeb, numerous OK! and Hello covers and now Celeb Bake Off. I have to say I didn’t think she’d go down the celeb reality TV route but needs must £££££.

I think Nadine’s Irish Mist was a generous thing for Nadine to do and a pet project, essentially giving her family a business and a reason to set-up camp in California. These things always end up in disaster though.

As someone else said Nadine clearly enjoyed being a pop star which I agree I’ve always found refreshing. Do you remember her and Sarah having a laugh in the pissing rain in China and the rest of the moaning Mollies complaining!? 😂 Good times! As I said a few pages ago, what a time in pop culture history. So glad they existed before the Instagram era.
I loved Nadine and Sarah on OTR. The other three (especially Cheryl) didn’t stop moaning.

“Av got spew all up me TROWSAS!”

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I loved Nadine and Sarah on OTR. The other three (especially Cheryl) didn’t stop moaning.

“Av got spew all up me TROWSAS!”
Would love to have been a fly on the wall the night before that infamous clip when Cheryl and Nadine got hammered in one of their hotel rooms.

It also proved to me that those two did get along, they were two of my faves back then and even then the press pitted them against each other. Poor Drew could probably write a book from all his experiences and times with the girls.

Reactions: 8
It annoyed me when they were in Greece and were moaning about being bored and stuck in their Hotel Rooms. There was nothing stopping them going out and doing something. But then when their manager did arrange for them to do something they moaned about it :rolleyes:

Reactions: 5
Would love to have been a fly on the wall the night before that infamous clip when Cheryl and Nadine got hammered in one of their hotel rooms.

It also proved to me that those two did get along, they were two of my faves back then and even then the press pitted them against each other. Poor Drew could probably write a book from all his experiences and times with the girls.
I'm sure in the book "dreams that glitter" It was said Cheryl and Drew had a thing! 🙆🏻

• Wow
Reactions: 3
It annoyed me when they were in Greece and were moaning about being bored and stuck in their Hotel Rooms. There was nothing stopping them going out and doing something. But then when their manager did arrange for them to do something they moaned about it :rolleyes:
Was that when they climbed up all those steps!? Cheryl was in super high platforms 😂

• Haha

It was great when they got hammered on OTR. Remember when Sarah didn’t want to leave the club so she stayed at the club? 😆
Definitely agree about Drew. That would be a great book.
I'm sure in the book "dreams that glitter" It was said Cheryl and Drew had a thing! 🙆🏻
Looking for this right now as we speak!

Was that when they climbed up all those steps!? Cheryl was in super high platforms 😂
Yes. “Drew! It smells of tit!” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
What, haha! I actually bought that book (just checked and it came out 13 years ago in 2008 😱), I definitely don’t remember that re. Drew!

In the first ep of Off The Record when Cheryl and Ashley go to the Julien McDonald show and then they scarper off for a Valentines meal poor Drew is left waiting in the car. I presumed he sorted himself with a McDs while Ashley and Chez indulged in an intellectually stimulating conversation over dinner 😂

It was great when they got hammered on OTR. Remember when Sarah didn’t want to leave the club so she stayed at the club? 😆
Definitely agree about Drew. That would be a great book.

Looking for this right now as we speak!

Yes. “Drew! It smells of tit!” 😂
Please post a pic of the part of the book where it mentions it. I cannot find my copy!

What, haha! I actually bought that book (just checked and it came out 13 years ago in 2008 😱), I definitely don’t remember that re. Drew!

In the first ep of Off The Record when Cheryl and Ashley go to the Julien McDonald show and then they scarper off for a Valentines meal poor Drew is left waiting in the car. I presumed he sorted himself with a McDs while Ashley and Chez indulged in an intellectually stimulating conversation over dinner 😂

Please post a pic of the part of the book where it mentions it. I cannot find my copy!
I might be wrong lol I think I definitely read it somewhere might be a tabloid though

I rewatched OTR again recently thanks to it being shared here, I’m so glad it’s come up again, I have a lot of thoughts! 🤣
Drew should have warned the girls to wear comfortable shoes for the day, he said at the start it was a surprise, so they had know way of knowing what to expect. It was funny though. That poor taxi driver!
I loved Sarah going off and doing her own thing when she didn’t want the night to end. And yeah, thought it was nice to see that at one point Nadine and Cheryl were close enough that they would have a hotel room piss-up together.

Do you remember her and Sarah having a laugh in the pissing rain in China and the rest of the moaning Mollies complaining!? 😂 Good times!
I loved that part, when they were giggling away in the temple, wondering if they should say some hail Marys!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Its really annoying me how daily mail are turning poor Sarah’s cancer into the Cheryl show!!!

why is how cheryl feeling more important than Sarah!?

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.