Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've read Sarah's book and have really enjoyed it. Nadine was a good friend to her and kept in touch, she was the first who saw Sarah after she told them about her cancer and she went to house and cooked her a nice meal and then cleaned all the kitchen afterwards. Cheryl is 100% just getting involved for the attention and in Cheryl's book she was actually quite nasty about Sarah and nadine. Sarah hints at cheryl/kim/nicola leaving them out as they were so close but doesn't actually say it.
Cheryl's concern isn't all that genuine in my opinion.
Ah thanks so much, good to hear an initial review of the book. I need to buy it. As a Sardine fan very glad to hear that re. Nadine 💞

Reactions: 1
Tbh I thought she’d lay the whole thing bare, to be able to have the final say on it and tell her own truth rather than someone else talk about it when she’s no longer here

Reactions: 2
I've read Sarah's book and have really enjoyed it. Nadine was a good friend to her and kept in touch, she was the first who saw Sarah after she told them about her cancer and she went to house and cooked her a nice meal and then cleaned all the kitchen afterwards. Cheryl is 100% just getting involved for the attention and in Cheryl's book she was actually quite nasty about Sarah and nadine. Sarah hints at cheryl/kim/nicola leaving them out as they were so close but doesn't actually say it.
Cheryl's concern isn't all that genuine in my opinion.
Hmmm see I've been re visiting Cheryl's book before getting my copy of Sarah's.

I wouldn't agree she was nasty about Nadine per say, but this is how Cheryl describes the other girls she says positive things about all of them and their characters - including Sarah! - but only describes Nadine as the "lead singer" and doesn't say anything about her personality whatsoever.... It's like she was making a deliberate point of "i can't say anything nice so I'm not saying anything" 😂😂😂😂🤭🤦🏻‍♀️

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Hmmm see I've been re visiting Cheryl's book before getting my copy of Sarah's.

I wouldn't agree she was nasty about Nadine per say, but this is how Cheryl describes the other girls she says positive things about all of them and their characters - including Sarah! - but only describes Nadine as the "lead singer" and doesn't say anything about her personality whatsoever.... It's like she was making a deliberate point of "i can't say anything nice so I'm not saying anything" 😂😂😂😂🤭🤦🏻‍♀️
Thanks for posting, I didn’t think even way back then in year one Sarah was vocalising by being left out and this was more so when Kim and Nadine were besties and likewise for Cheryl and Nicola.

Always thought it was interesting that Sarah wanted to live by herself. She was probably much more independent and the oldest.

There’s so much we won’t ever know or find out.

Reactions: 2
Can’t remember or maybe I’m imagining it, I remember reading CHeryl wasn’t as close to Sarah because she became very good friends with Javine on popstars and was pissed/upset about her not making it into the group as i’m sure everyone was certain she would get the last place.

• Wow
When Nadine was in the jungle, wasn’t there something in the press about Cheryl, Kimberly and Nicola being horrible about her/voting for her to do the trials and then they all started tweeting their support saying they would never do that? Or am I totally making that up?!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
When Nadine was in the jungle, wasn’t there something in the press about Cheryl, Kimberly and Nicola being horrible about her/voting for her to do the trials and then they all started tweeting their support saying they would never do that? Or am I totally making that up?!
Yes! And then surprise surprise a story came out in the press that victim Cheryl was "heartbroken" by these allegations 🙄 please! She's never not the victim is she lol

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The way Sarah describes it is that she was just the odd one out in the group because the others saw her as loud, obnoxious and attention-seeking but she says the truth is she was socially awkward and is diagnosed with ADHD. She aways put her foot in it or said the wrong thing whereas 'Chimola' were very good at being professional. This is just another example of Sarah being more gracious than she needs to be because over the years Cheryl had an assault conviction and was constantly slagging off other celebrities etc.

I think she and Nadine bonded purely by being the outsiders.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Cheryl, Nicola and Kimberly come across as bitchy to me.

So sad for Sarah as I love her and Nadine :(

Reactions: 9
It’s so sad about Sarah but I don’t think just because she’s ill that they should all be pals again. Where were they when she was struggling? Ah yeah no where to be seen. Saint Cheryl is just a Geordie chav (love the Geordies my Dad is one). The only reason they are speaking up in support now is to ease their own guilt. Seen it all before when my FIL was terminally ill. Son turned up after being MIA for years. Soon disappeared when he realised there was no inheritance to collect. The others came around to ease their consciences before he passed. If I’m ever on my deathbed, I don’t want some flaky friends around me!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
It’s so sad about Sarah but I don’t think just because she’s ill that they should all be pals again. Where were they when she was struggling? Ah yeah no where to be seen. Saint Cheryl is just a Geordie chav (love the Geordies my Dad is one). The only reason they are speaking up in support now is to ease their own guilt. Seen it all before when my FIL was terminally ill. Son turned up after being MIA for years. Soon disappeared when he realised there was no inheritance to collect. The others came around to ease their consciences before he passed. If I’m ever on my deathbed, I don’t want some flaky friends around me!
As a Geordie I can happily say, we don't want her either lmao. Totally agree though, she's totally in this to ease her conscience so that if Sarah's nolonger around anymore, she can tell herself she did enough. Honestly says so much about her versus Sarah who has so kindly accepted her back, if I was Sarah I'd tell her to do one personally.

Reactions: 10
As a Geordie I can happily say, we don't want her either lmao. Totally agree though, she's totally in this to ease her conscience so that if Sarah's nolonger around anymore, she can tell herself she did enough. Honestly says so much about her versus Sarah who has so kindly accepted her back, if I was Sarah I'd tell her to do one personally.
Ha my family say the same!!!

• Haha
I've just finished reading Sarah's autobiography. It was just as heartbreaking as I thought it would be. I have always loved Sarah and feel she's a bit misunderstood. The media have made her out to be something she's not. I love that Nadine wrote a chapter in the book about Sarah. My little Sardine heart. The only other person who wrote a chapter was Cheryl. I like Cheryl but it felt very forced like she was trying to make up for not being there for Sarah through the years. I don't know why the other girls didn't write a chapter. Nadine was the only one there for her the whole way through the hiatus.

I've just finished reading Sarah's autobiography. It was just as heartbreaking as I thought it would be. I have always loved Sarah and feel she's a bit misunderstood. The media have made her out to be something she's not. I love that Nadine wrote a chapter in the book about Sarah. My little Sardine heart. The only other person who wrote a chapter was Cheryl. I like Cheryl but it felt very forced like she was trying to make up for not being there for Sarah through the years. I don't know why the other girls didn't write a chapter. Nadine was the only one there for her the whole way through the hiatus.
It speaks volumes. Nadine obviously wrote the chapter as they had a friendship. I think Sarah would have liked Cheryl to do her chapter even though they haven't spoken in years, I think part of Sarah still seeks that friendship and approval from Cheryl. Nicola and Kimberly are barely mentioned in the book outside of when referring to 'the girls'. I don't think there was any bad blood between them but it seemed like they just hardly spoke outside of work related things.

What's interesting here is that over the years it has been assumed it was always 'Chimola' and then 'Sardine' but I don't think those alliances were formed until years down the line. At one point I do think Nadine, Cheryl and Sarah were all good friends even if it was just work friends, and later down the line Nicola and Kimberly became Cheryl's besties probably because they're less threatening.

Reactions: 6
The only reason Biffa is there now is for the PR. This is making her more relevant than she's been in years and gives her miles afterwards to talk about poor Sarah struggles. Sarah is a better person than I could ever be giving her the time of day.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yep and not trying to be offensive, but if the worst happens, Cheryl will be mourner in chief, with lots of black and white shots of her beautiful tear stained face and how she's 'sew gladd lyke that we mayd up at the end' etc. etc.

Reactions: 12
Yep and not trying to be offensive, but if the worst happens, Cheryl will be mourner in chief, with lots of black and white shots of her beautiful tear stained face and how she's 'sew gladd lyke that we mayd up at the end' etc. etc.
Oh god these are the worst! My friends brother hadn’t seen his Mum whilst she was terminally ill and turned up to the funeral crying over the casket and wailing so loud through the service...didn’t shed a tear at the wake and left for a sesh midway through it!

• Angry
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.