Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been watching their final tour videos on YouTube.

I was 14/15 at the time and started to listen to heavier music so I wasn’t interested in attempting to get tickets at all. I’m 22 now and I’m devastated to think that was their last ever tour as a 5, maybe even forever.
Same girl same 😞 as I recall they were predominantly weekday dates and my friends couldn't get time off work... Kim and Nicola had swore that they weren't splitting up so I ended up just not going and thought there'd be other chances in the future 😢.... I regret so much not just going on my own now 💔 I could cry when I think about sometimes

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I disagree! she went on to have great success with a million lights which was after US X Factor, I think it all really went wrong where she started having this Uber fascination with privacy...

I mean when her marriage to JB started having problems in the autumn of 2015 she wouldn't give any comment on it, it was all a big secret she just lost a duck ton of weight and blamed it on JBs dad dying, same thing when she got pregnant but refused to confirm it. Again, I understand why she doesn't show bears face but there are people far more famous than her - the Kardashians, Madonna, Angelina Jolie etc - who's kids identitys are not a massive secret. All of the above removes the personal connection people felt they had with her.

A big part of Cheryl's "nations sweetheart" identity, was that people knew her problems - Ashley's affairs, her malaria etc - and could sympathise with her, that was a big part of her appeal! But realistically you can't feel any personal connection to her now because she's a reclusive weirdo who no one really knows anything about 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
I absolutely agree with this. I was a huge fan of Girls Aloud, am 22 also and even when I was young I remember especially around 2010 when Cheryl was huge and always being papped. Weirdly, I do think her sudden privacy after her split from Ashley was her downfall in fame along with the X Factor USA sacking. The pap injunction came about in 2011/2 and I can remember her slowly getting less and less coverage as she did in the height of her fame. What I don't like about Cheryl is, she picks and chooses her privacy when it suits her. She wants the privacy side of things but if you read her interviews, she mentioned personal things including Ashley many, many times even years after their divorce and other personal things about how low she was and her malaria etc.

She doesn't like the other side where she got papped or any exes / friends speaking out about her, and forces them all to sign non-disclosures. Remember when she first split with Ashley and she still wore her wedding ring on her finger and the media commented on it, she then got her PR agency to put a tweet out and snapped at them? I don't know about others and maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know anyone who wears a wedding ring after splitting and arranging a divorce with someone. Especially when she was possibly dating (rebounding) Derek Hough at the time. Don't forget how gorgeous she was, so being papped got a lot of attention as she was essentially so stunningly pretty that pictures of her got huge fuss.

I used to like her for a while, but looking back now, the nicest members seemed to be the less spotlighted.... Sarah and Nadine. I'm not keen on Nicola, heard various times how unpleasant she is on celeb encounter forums as well as her road rage that time.

Reactions: 10
I absolutely agree with this. I was a huge fan of Girls Aloud, am 22 also and even when I was young I remember especially around 2010 when Cheryl was huge and always being papped. Weirdly, I do think her sudden privacy after her split from Ashley was her downfall in fame along with the X Factor USA sacking. The pap injunction came about in 2011/2 and I can remember her slowly getting less and less coverage as she did in the height of her fame. What I don't like about Cheryl is, she picks and chooses her privacy when it suits her. She wants the privacy side of things but if you read her interviews, she mentioned personal things including Ashley many, many times even years after their divorce and other personal things about how low she was and her malaria etc.

She doesn't like the other side where she got papped or any exes / friends speaking out about her, and forces them all to sign non-disclosures. Remember when she first split with Ashley and she still wore her wedding ring on her finger and the media commented on it, she then got her PR agency to put a tweet out and snapped at them? I don't know about others and maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know anyone who wears a wedding ring after splitting and arranging a divorce with someone. Especially when she was possibly dating (rebounding) Derek Hough at the time. Don't forget how gorgeous she was, so being papped got a lot of attention as she was essentially so stunningly pretty that pictures of her got huge fuss.

I used to like her for a while, but looking back now, the nicest members seemed to be the less spotlighted.... Sarah and Nadine. I'm not keen on Nicola, heard various times how unpleasant she is on celeb encounter forums as well as her road rage that time.
Oh god yeah the incident with the cyclist was absolutely vile 😳 I liked Nicola in the early days, and wonder if she's become a bit of a stuck up witch as a coping mechanism in order to protect herself against the abuse she received over her looks...

That's why she probably loves being in the "popular gang" with Cheryl and Kim nice but dim.

Reactions: 7
Oh god yeah the incident with the cyclist was absolutely vile 😳 I liked Nicola in the early days, and wonder if she's become a bit of a stuck up witch as a coping mechanism in order to protect herself against the abuse she received over her looks...

That's why she probably loves being in the "popular gang" with Cheryl and Kim nice but dim.
That's true I didn't think of it in that way. I think it's a shame that Sarah and Nadine didn't get as much fuss as the other three.

Reactions: 2
I’m not sure if this has been posted before, but this video came up on my YouTube recommendations

All 5 girls are sat there whilst Cheryl gets asked about her conviction it’s so awkward

I’m not sure if this has been posted before, but this video came up on my YouTube recommendations

All 5 girls are sat there whilst Cheryl gets asked about her conviction it’s so awkward

Even in that video thumbnail you can see the three in the middle like a mean school girl gang and Sarah and Nadine stuck on the outside like spare parts.

Reactions: 8
This is what I mean, she always goes on about how the paps made her life hell and how she didn't want so much coverage, but then around the Ashley times stepped out in these tops which clearly would have gotten attention and paps. I did feel so sorry for her after what happened with Ashley, but don't say you don't want media attention then go after it.
article-1251878-0858494B000005DC-924_306x755.jpg
article-1252810-0865100A000005DC-626_468x759.jpg

Reactions: 3
One thing I love about GA, is how I'm always coming across b-sides/demo's/unreleased tracks that I quickly became obsessed with. 😭

Blow your cover made an appearance on a spotify playlist on tonights walk to the gym and now I cant fecking stop singing it! :D:D:D

• Heart
One thing I love about GA, is how I'm always coming across b-sides/demo's/unreleased tracks that I quickly became obsessed with. 😭

Blow your cover made an appearance on a spotify playlist on tonights walk to the gym and now I cant fecking stop singing it! :D:D:D
They always had the best b-sides.

Reactions: 1
I totally agree that Cheryl's career is over. The only thing she really had going for her were her looks, and those have pretty much faded. She looks like a well preserved forty something. The whole reclusive thing is fine if you're Kate Bush, but it isn't going to work for someone who has as little talent as Cheryl. I think things started to go wrong for her around the time of the Jubilee concert in 2012. That singing live with Gary Barlow was dire, she has an awful horrible voice.

Reactions: 13
I totally agree that Cheryl's career is over. The only thing she really had going for her were her looks, and those have pretty much faded. She looks like a well preserved forty something. The whole reclusive thing is fine if you're Kate Bush, but it isn't going to work for someone who has as little talent as Cheryl. I think things started to go wrong for her around the time of the Jubilee concert in 2012. That singing live with Gary Barlow was dire, she has an awful horrible voice.

Now here I am in complete agreement with you. Kate Bush is a bleeping LEGEND. Cheryl had her moment and it is well and truly over. Looks always fade, talent doesn't.

• Heart
Now here I am in complete agreement with you. Kate Bush is a bleeping LEGEND. Cheryl had her moment and it is well and truly over. Looks always fade, talent doesn't.
1000% Also, not that it matters really, but Kate Bush is also much much more beautiful than Cheryl IMO. Cheryl is attractive in a very generic barbie doll way, I never really thought she was as stunning as everyone said, even in the early days of the band. Kate Bush's looks were as unique as her voice and style.

Reactions: 6
What's this 'Cheryl ' business. She's trying to align herself with absolute legends like Cher with her one word name. Don't think so 😏.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.