Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hmmmm I know a lot of people are anti-Cheryl but this is a bit much, no? It’s not like she’s tweeting about Sarah or being interviewed etc... each girl ‘wrote’ a section for the book and that’s it. PR or not, Cheryl has every right to be upset about her former friend/colleague being so seriously ill. I honestly think that if in recent years Cheryl WANTED the press and publicity she could very easily get it.

Reactions: 8
What went wrong with Cheryl? Say 2008-2011 she was everywhere, she was the UKs biggest star. Now she’s like a bit of a has-been and I can’t remember why it went so wrong for her? Was always a bit baffled about her mega fake to begin with tbh.

Reactions: 13
What went wrong with Cheryl? Say 2008-2011 she was everywhere, she was the UKs biggest star. Now she’s like a bit of a has-been and I can’t remember why it went so wrong for her? Was always a bit baffled about her mega fake to begin with tbh.
The American X Factor disaster seemed to be the beginning of the end

Reactions: 4
The American X Factor disaster seemed to be the beginning of the end
I disagree! she went on to have great success with a million lights which was after US X Factor, I think it all really went wrong where she started having this Uber fascination with privacy...

I mean when her marriage to JB started having problems in the autumn of 2015 she wouldn't give any comment on it, it was all a big secret she just lost a duck ton of weight and blamed it on JBs dad dying, same thing when she got pregnant but refused to confirm it. Again, I understand why she doesn't show bears face but there are people far more famous than her - the Kardashians, Madonna, Angelina Jolie etc - who's kids identitys are not a massive secret. All of the above removes the personal connection people felt they had with her.

A big part of Cheryl's "nations sweetheart" identity, was that people knew her problems - Ashley's affairs, her malaria etc - and could sympathise with her, that was a big part of her appeal! But realistically you can't feel any personal connection to her now because she's a reclusive weirdo who no one really knows anything about 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't think it was privacy. I think people lost interest in her.

I don't particularly rate Cheryl but she is "boring" as a celebrity.

Reactions: 7
Hmmmm I know a lot of people are anti-Cheryl but this is a bit much, no? It’s not like she’s tweeting about Sarah or being interviewed etc... each girl ‘wrote’ a section for the book and that’s it. PR or not, Cheryl has every right to be upset about her former friend/colleague being so seriously ill. I honestly think that if in recent years Cheryl WANTED the press and publicity she could very easily get it.
I pretty much agree with this. I think, had this never happened, Sarah and Cheryl probably wouldn’t have spoken again. But there’s something about terminal cancer that makes people want to make amends, and I hope Sarah gets some comfort out of that.

Reactions: 12
They almost certainly would’ve reunited again for their 20th anniversary next year (?) had Sarah not been so ill.

I agree, I was a huge fan of Cheryl throughout GA and the first few solo albums. It got to the point where I wasn’t entirely sure why I was such a fan....yes she is beautiful, yes she is technically a good performer/dancer, but she lost any sense of personality and just came across as incredibly dull and manufactured. Her albums, for the most part, were really quite dull and incredibly faceless.

Reactions: 5
Nice to see Sarah at #1 on iTunes (not that it means anything these days, a few hundred sales?)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeah I found the way she wrote about the detox ‘to get my body nice and clean for chemo’ really really misleading at best. I can understand if she didn’t want to air all her dirty laundry at this time but she should have left out the part about detoxing completely then.

Reactions: 2
Yes I read that and thought the same. Was a good chance to really explain it all but she just brushed over it as if its nothing. I'm guessing she didn't want to tell us the full extent as that's what she thinks people would remember her for, but I think missed opportunity to be honest.

Reactions: 1
Yes I read that and thought the same. Was a good chance to really explain it all but she just brushed over it as if its nothing. I'm guessing she didn't want to tell us the full extent as that's what she thinks people would remember her for, but I think missed opportunity to be honest.
And tell the story herself rather than have it all come out once she’s gone

Reactions: 3
Been sat watching their live performances on YouTube for the past 2 hours, I miss them 🥲

• Heart
I always find myself watching their performance of Broken Strings on their OOC tour. Always gives me goosebumps 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ah for me it’s ‘The Loving Kind’ on the OOC tour... I always find it a bit emosh 😅
I found the instrumental on YouTube and it is beautiful 😍

• Heart

I agree. Ex girlbanders who are good at being a celebrity for me are Mel B as she has a personality, Geri as she knows when to be controversial and how to court the media, Rochelle Humes and Kimberley Walsh as they can appeal to mums, Liz mcLarnon as there is just something so sweet and likeable about her. I’d always tune in to an interview or buy a mag (yeah I’m old school) with any of these on the cover. Cheryl just comes across as a bit monotonous in interviews etc like on that Jonathan Ross one.

Reactions: 7
I agree. Ex girlbanders who are good at being a celebrity for me are Mel B as she has a personality, Geri as she knows when to be controversial and how to court the media, Rochelle Humes and Kimberley Walsh as they can appeal to mums, Liz mcLarnon as there is just something so sweet and likeable about her. I’d always tune in to an interview or buy a mag (yeah I’m old school) with any of these on the cover. Cheryl just comes across as a bit monotonous in interviews etc like on that Jonathan Ross one.
She used to have more fire and personality back in the early days pre X Factor. Watching her on Girls Aloud: Off the Reocrd she is totally different to the media trained bore she is now. Back then she didn’t give a sh*t.

Reactions: 9
She used to have more fire and personality back in the early days pre X Factor. Watching her on Girls Aloud: Off the Reocrd she is totally different to the media trained bore she is now. Back then she didn’t give a sh*t.
If yah here just tap the fockin tabel

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’ve been watching their final tour videos on YouTube.

I was 14/15 at the time and started to listen to heavier music so I wasn’t interested in attempting to get tickets at all. I’m 22 now and I’m devastated to think that was their last ever tour as a 5, maybe even forever.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.