Girls Aloud #3 Nobody sees The Show unless the queue says so

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only reason why there may have been the odd seat not sold out was because they've done so many dates, that's literally it

What is everybody's feelings now that the tour is coming to an end? Is that it for GA? Or will they continue, release new music? Etc.

I know they have Brighton Pride in August but after that I think thats it?
Ummmm obvs I don't think it'll be like the old days where they release a new album every year, but, I think they might come together every now and then for bits and bobs and not be as final with the "split' as last time!

Reactions: 2
I went to the first night at the o2 and unfortunately two people I was with pulled out due to health issues so we resold them in AXS the day before. Our seats remained empty as they were ££££ but the place so was certainly pretty much at capacity. Oh and they were bloody fab although the merch prices were crazy £70 for a hoody?
---
Also, do we reckon new material is coming? I have a £20 on with my other half that it is x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

I definitely don't reckon there'll be new material. I think we'll see more of them as a group (performing one-off concerts, like Pride) but their management will think carefully about touring again on this scale. Let's face it, the Sarah story was a big angle this time around...how would it be without her, what would the dynamics be like, how would they honour her. Next time, they won't have that. There is definitely an appetite for them to continue but they (or their management) won't want it to be a case of diminishing returns as time goes on. My guess is that they'll do another big tour 5-6 years from now, and then that will be the last one. Weird to think some of them would be heading towards 50 by that point!

I feel so flat now that the concert is over. I loved it so much!!!! Wish it will still in the future to look forward to.

Reactions: 11
I think all of them enjoy not being in the spotlight, none of them are 247 on socials or at any old event. I think the timing of Sarah's death, the 20 year anniversary they took the opportunity for a cash grab and I don't blame them.

Outside of GA their careers are a bit stale, most of them have done every reality show and releasing new music financially wouldn't make them a lot. Touring and one off gigs is the only way for them as now they are part of the nostalgia noughties groups like s club, steps.

Reactions: 4
I went to the first night at the o2 and unfortunately two people I was with pulled out due to health issues so we resold them in AXS the day before. Our seats remained empty as they were ££££ but the place so was certainly pretty much at capacity. Oh and they were bloody fab although the merch prices were crazy £70 for a hoody?
---
Also, do we reckon new material is coming? I have a £20 on with my other half that it is x

Not sure about “new” music, but I think they have allllllll these songs in vaults that could make a new album, which I would welcome.

• Heart
Does anyone else have the feeling that Cheryl is going to relaunch her solo singing career after the tour?
Personally no, I think she was clearly embarassed with love made me do it and let you's performance. I think like someone said earlier in the thread they all seem to have matured massively since Sarah's death....With a new mature head Cheryl can probably reflect that the initial success of her solo career was largely attributable to X factor, the "Britain's sweetheart" role she had in the press and Ashley cheating on her all of which of course are long gone.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone else have the feeling that Cheryl is going to relaunch her solo singing career after the tour?
No, I think she’s done. I think she knows that her music wouldn’t chart, everyone on twitters calling for DJs to feature her, but that would feel like a step back I think.

I feel so vile but I think Cheryl’s looks carried her and she doesn’t look nearly as good now with that surgery. At 40 she would have still looked a little too old naturally as well to do her whole doe eyed ingenue thing

Reactions: 5
I feel so vile but I think Cheryl’s looks carried her and she doesn’t look nearly as good now with that surgery. At 40 she would have still looked a little too old naturally as well to do her whole doe eyed ingenue thing
Yeah I think she had a massive identity crisis when her solo career started going downhill and got her face done in a sort of panic (if I stay looking young, I'll be successful ect). I think she's mellowed now and realises her time was up anyway and it had nothing to do with a few wrinkles, just that pop music culture had moved on.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I would love to see them play some festivals next year! Different kind of atmosphere etc., maybe Bestival, Pub in the Park

• Heart
Yeah I think she had a massive identity crisis when her solo career started going downhill and got her face done in a sort of panic (if I stay looking young, I'll be successful ect). I think she's mellowed now and realises her time was up anyway and it had nothing to do with a few wrinkles, just that pop music culture had moved on.
I remember seeing a clip of her talking to fans outside when she was doing the theatre show saying that the music industry has massively changed and she wouldn't do it again.

She made a fairly decent ish solo career on mediocre songs and an average voice so she knows the time is over. I think she just enjoys the quiet life and I don't blame her.

I wonder if cheryl and nadine are dating. Nicola was supposed to be seeing some gb footballer

I remember seeing a clip of her talking to fans outside when she was doing the theatre show saying that the music industry has massively changed and she wouldn't do it again.

She made a fairly decent ish solo career on mediocre songs and an average voice so she knows the time is over. I think she just enjoys the quiet life and I don't blame her.

I wonder if cheryl and nadine are dating. Nicola was supposed to be seeing some gb footballer
I thought you were pondering if Cheryl and Nadine were dating each other at first 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Hahaaaaaa god imagine they've joined suit with Kim and Cheryl and decided to live as a couple 😵💫😵💫😵💫

Nicola must be massively traumatised from that weirdo who stalked her.

• Haha