Gilmore Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait they're making a new series?!
There's talk of another YITL being made but not sure. This was someone working on the last one. I'm taking it with a pinch of salt but it would fit the narrative.

Reactions: 1
Yeah she’s not even doing handmaids tale anymore…. What is she doing? Maybe her divorce has hit her hard.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I would love it if they made a new one, I have watched the old ones a thousand times and still love it. I love Luke so much, I read once that him and Lauren Graham don’t get on in real life 🤷🏻‍♀️.

I always hated Dean he was always a controlling drip!

Reactions: 5
I would love it if they made a new one, I have watched the old ones a thousand times and still love it. I love Luke so much, I read once that him and Lauren Graham don’t get on in real life 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Same! I love Luke too. Hate Dean for the same reason. But I also hate Logan!

• Haha
Idk if this is an unpopular opinion lol but I am not a huge Luke fan, he has some episodes where I like him more, but overall don't find him that interesting or likeable. It's like his default mode is to rain on any fun and be really grumpy. 😂 but the episodes where him and Loreali have their sweet moments and his nice gestures for her are cute.

Jess is also awful now I'm older but love the actor so it makes me like him still 😅 though I saw a reel on IG about how he was abusive to Alexis when they dated, no idea if true but I googled at the time and there were a lot of old reddit posts etc about it.

Reactions: 8

Scott Patterson (who plays Luke) said on his podcast that the stories about him and Lauren not getting along in real life were totally false and that he didn't know where that rumour has come from. He always talks about her in really high regard on his podcast as well! 🥰

• Heart
But we all age, it's part of life and aging is a privilege! 😊 Expecting him (or any of the cast) to look the same as they did 20 years ago is totally unrealistic
No I know but I was just shocked to see how different he looked. But only cos I’ve recently been watching again

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Scott Patterson (who plays Luke) said on his podcast that the stories about him and Lauren not getting along in real life were totally false and that he didn't know where that rumour has come from. He always talks about her in really high regard on his podcast as well! 🥰
This makes me so happy! I love their chemistry

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am watching for the first time and I’ve just started season 7 and WHYYYYY did they have to ruin L&L by having her sleep with Christopher 😭 it’s literally just happened so I don’t know the fall out yet but I don’t see it being good.

Why couldn’t Luke just say yes to eloping 🙁

Don’t know if it’s because I’m watching it as a 30 year old for the first time but Rory is sweet but just a bit boring to me? I much prefer the Lorelai stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am watching for the first time and I’ve just started season 7 and WHYYYYY did they have to ruin L&L by having her sleep with Christopher 😭 it’s literally just happened so I don’t know the fall out yet but I don’t see it being good.

Don’t know if it’s because I’m watching it as a 30 year old for the first time but Rory is sweet but just a bit boring to me? I much prefer the Lorelai stuff.
I watched this since I was about ten, related so much to Rory (school, uni, internships etc) but the last few years I’ve really related more to Lorelai, probably because we’re closer to her age 😂

I thought it was always known it was going to be logans baby cause he's Rory's Christopher and Jess is her Luke.

URGH!! Christopher!!

Rory was ok until about series 4. Lorelai is my queen <3 (I watched for the first time last year, in my 30s! Planning a September rewatch!)

• Heart
Now her and Christopher are together 🤮 just not loving this outcome. Really hoping for a Luke and Lorelai reunion by the end of the season or in the follow up season.

but yeah Rory just seems to not get anything that interesting? I think Alexis could have been given better acting opps too as when she’s given something a bit juicier she does well. I know it’s more light hearted and wholesome and I love that aspect of the show, I’m just a bit bored of Rory’s whole storyline.

I also felt like there was no chemistry in any of her relationships, especially Dean.