Gilmore Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am always gonna be team loralai 😂 I will defend her to anyone. I hate what they did to her in the revival
I hated Lorelei and Rory by the end of the entire series (including a year in the life). Lorelei was a fickle pain in the arse who couldn't stick to a decision or a man if her life depended on it.

She was also entirely spoiled and entitled (as was Rory) but liked to pretend she was so independent. If she was that independent, she wouldn't have had to tap up her parents and Luke for money.

Will probably still re-watch again this year!

Reactions: 10
The revival does not exist in my mind. Absolutely tragic.
I would love for them to do another revival in which Rory's life is a total mess of her own making, am I a horrible person?

Reactions: 3
I would love for them to do another revival in which Rory's life is a total mess of her own making, am I a horrible person?
No, I thought her life was a mess in the revival, and initially felt bad for her but then didn’t because she’s had most things handed to her on a plate!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Does anyone think they’ll ever do more episodes? I feel like Lauren graham would do it from things she’s said.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone think they’ll ever do more episodes? I feel like Lauren graham would do it from things she’s said.
I hope so! I've not seen all of the revival episodes yet - I only started watching GG for the first time in October, became OBSESSED and three months later I've watched everything up until Winter.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I hope so! I've not seen all of the revival episodes yet - I only started watching GG for the first time in October, became OBSESSED and three months later I've watched everything up until Winter.
Having watched all the episodes about 20 times now(!) I would recommend don't re-watch. Just enjoy it the one time, because the more you watch it, the more you will start to hate the characters.

If you fancy something slightly similar after you've watched this, watch Parenthood with Lauren Graham. I think there's about six series but it is so good with slightly less hateable characters!

• Heart
Having watched all the episodes about 20 times now(!) I would recommend don't re-watch. Just enjoy it the one time, because the more you watch it, the more you will start to hate the characters.

If you fancy something slightly similar after you've watched this, watch Parenthood with Lauren Graham. I think there's about six series but it is so good with slightly less hateable characters!
Thank you! I've been looking for Parenthood (I think I'm obsessed with Lauren Graham as well as GG, she's just so cool). It's only available to pay for, but maybe I'll take the plunge.

I decided to start rewatching AYITL and it hit me all over again how awful they are to Paul (Rory’s boyfriend) for no reason at all?? I don’t get why they even had that character/storyline. Just made Rory look like even more of a dick.

Reactions: 9
I listen to Scott Pattersons (who plays Luke) podcast religiously and he said in the one released a few days ago that he'd heard that Lauren and Amy Sherman Palladino had sat down together over the holidays to discuss schedules!! Praying something comes of it and they end it well 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

In other news, I'm on my millionth rewatch and on the dance marathon episode, one of my all time faves! ❤

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I’ve just finished all seven series, not watched the revivals yet but for me the moment i began to loathe Lorelei was when she got so high and mighty about Rory losing her virginity. It just wasn’t her business and she vilified Rory for it. It wasn’t an ideal scenario, with Dean being married, but it was none of Lorelei’s business.

I listen to Scott Pattersons (who plays Luke) podcast religiously and he said in the one released a few days ago that he'd heard that Lauren and Amy Sherman Palladino had sat down together over the holidays to discuss schedules!! Praying something comes of it and they end it well 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

In other news, I'm on my millionth rewatch and on the dance marathon episode, one of my all time faves! ❤
Me too! I love it cause Dean and Rory finally breakup haha

I'm a Gilmore Girls mega fan I think I must have been through it all 30 times. I'm currently on another run through I've just watched Sookie's wedding 🤩

AYITL though I've only watched twice

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve just finished all seven series, not watched the revivals yet but for me the moment i began to loathe Lorelei was when she got so high and mighty about Rory losing her virginity. It just wasn’t her business and she vilified Rory for it. It wasn’t an ideal scenario, with Dean being married, but it was none of Lorelei’s business.
That was actually one of my favourite Lorelai moments and I think she was 100% justified. You saying it's "not an ideal scenario that he was married" is totally downplaying it - her 19-year-old daughter slept with someone else’s husband in Lorelai's house on Lorelai's big night after kissing Luke. Rory is not immune from being called out on any of that. Also Rory was romanticizing the affair and not thinking through the consequences of her actions and saying stuff like “Dean took the ring off” and “he's my Dean” really grosses me out and makes you realize just how naive she is about the whole thing. sorry for the rant lol, I just really hate cheaters 😅

I do agree with you tho that Gilmore Girls in general is super weird about sex/virginity throughout - like Lane getting pregnant her first time, the "I've got the good kid" line when Paris loses her virginity and that awful scene where Jess tries to force Rory to have sex... 😬

Reactions: 14
Rewatching now. I gotta say it’s just easy watching and I looooove luke. Lorelei is so annoying but I love her at the same time
What was Rory thinking with dean
I’ve not watched the new ones don’t think I want to 😬.

• Heart
I've seen it reported that someone working on the show confirmed that Rory's baby is
Logan's

Reactions: 1