Giles Coren #2 Children of the Coren RIP Dawn Foster.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😂
Does he feel compelled to be 'outrageous' all the time?
Sex with cats fnarr fnarr.

And my daughter had some trainers like that when she loved the Spice Girls 😂
An embarrassing try hard!
Men in wedges 🤢
"Old" people trying to be edgy and cool to the yoof 🤮

Reactions: 6
Omg he’s so awkward and vile. A spoilt 14 year old public school boy masquerading as a man.

Also that’s quite the wedge lift on his trainers.

Giles is really getting dragged in the comments of the Top Jaw IG feed - lots saying he’s a tosser, and also then some about him mocking Dawn Foster’s death and using an alt acc to send himself anti-Semitic abuse. Because the internet never forgets. #lol

Reactions: 10
No, I don’t think he’s that short. I think he’s 5 foot 7 at the most. There isn’t a squeak of him on TV and hasn’t been for well over a year. He’s probably impossible to insure if he can’t control himself either on social media or IRL, as attested by the recent police caution that he accepted after verbally assaulting his neighbour during a parking dispute. And I can’t imagine he’s getting any offers of TV or promotional work. I wonder whatever happened to the “knee trembling” commission that he said he turned down another series of Amazing Hotels to do. If it ever existed at all and wasn’t just an attempt as saving face.
Rob Rinder seems to be enjoying himself with the hotels. 😂

Reactions: 8
I think more and more that this fella is a sociopath. Plenty of people were smacked by their parents growing up (which is wrong), but they mostly don't use that experience to excuse their horrible sociopathic behaviour as adults. He's trying to jump on the child abuse bandwagon while claiming not to.

Sociopath is too soft a word. He's scum.

Reactions: 11
I think more and more that this fella is a sociopath. Plenty of people were smacked by their parents growing up (which is wrong), but they mostly don't use that experience to excuse their horrible sociopathic behaviour as adults. He's trying to jump on the child abuse bandwagon while claiming not to.

Sociopath is too soft a word. He's scum.
Pointing the finger in every direction to excuse his anger problems. He should look in the mirror.

I don't doubt that he was abused as a child - his tit behaviour is testament to that. But, as an adult himself, how he behaves is his responsibility. He is no doubt damaging his own children, and here the buck also stops with him (and his wife).

He desperately needs therapy, but I don't know if his ego would allow him to access it. He might be a lost cause, dying a lonely and bitter alcoholic, estranged from his family. I wonder if Esther will ever leave him.

Reactions: 9
I agree with Giles that smacking children is wrong, and that it doesn’t make sense that as a society we expect citizens not to be violent, but sanction parents being violent to their children. However, it seems deeply hypocritical that Giles is the one making this point - a man who used social media to mock and celebrate the death of a 33 year old woman he perceived to have slighted him, and also recently accepted a police caution for verbally abusing his neighbour over a parking dispute while she was trying to put her disabled child to bed. Both of those incidents, neither of which he has apologised for, are as morally unacceptable as smacking children and him being smacked as a child is no excuse for behaving like that. Even if he doesn’t wack his children, Giles is still a rank hypocrite with an anger problem that makes him increasingly unemployable. So he isn’t in a position to criticize anyone else.

I agree with Giles that smacking children is wrong, and that it doesn’t make sense that as a society we expect citizens not to be violent, but sanction parents being violent to their children. However, it seems deeply hypocritical that Giles is the one making this point - a man who used social media to mock and celebrate the death of a 33 year old woman he perceived to have slighted him, and also recently accepted a police caution for verbally abusing his neighbour over a parking dispute while she was trying to put her disabled child to bed. Both of those incidents, neither of which he has apologised for, are as morally unacceptable as smacking children and him being smacked as a child is no excuse for behaving like that. Even if he doesn’t wack his children, Giles is still a rank hypocrite with an anger problem that makes him increasingly unemployable. So he isn’t in a position to criticize anyone else.
There are very many of us who grew up in the days when the occasional smack was an acceptable part of child rearing, and we didn't grow up into vile, bitter, violent poison dwarves like Giles.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It’s a textbook DARVO tactic of narcissists to deny, attack, reverse, victim and offender. Even though in the article about smacking being wrong, Giles denies that he’s a victim of abuse, he is clearly positioning himself as one and thus attempting to tacitly excuse his own abuse of other people.

Reactions: 6
Being smacked as a child doesn't give you the right to be a tw@t when you're older.
And he's a darling middle class luvvie (as much as he rebels it with his outrageous swearing) so by now he should have been moulded to the manners of how to behave in polite society.

Nike Air Max are a classic short person trick to add a couple of inches to your height. The air bubble supposedly adds an extra 1.5 inches, which would mean that Giles was nearly 5 foot 9 in them. His little legs in his jeans are hilarious though! 🤣
Well spotted. Reminds me of Bono's favoured footwear, black platform shoes (and not just when he's in character or on stage):

5 reasons why Giles is a bigger twit than Bono ( a man whose name, spelt backwards, is literally O Nob ):

(1) Bono has never, that we are aware of, grotesquely slurred and slandered an elderly journalist who mildly challenged him on social media
(2) Bono has never, that we are aware of, insulted the memory of a talented young journalist who died young of cancer
(3) Bono has never, that we are aware of, found himself the subject of a police investigation due to a silly row with a neighbour over parking
(4) For all that people criticise Bono for all kinds of reasons, he didn't benefit from nepotism (his dad was a post office clerk)
(5) Bono while he has written some great tracks, is also responsible for atrocities such as:
"The air is heavy/heavy as a truck" and "Miami. My mammy". But even those outrages against taste are better than Giles's best ever article.

So, well done lil Giles, against strong competition, you win the twatty short guy Olympics by a country mile.

Smacking children is very wrong and should be illegal, and getting hit as a child left me with severe issues. Psychological abuse is bad too though. Writing articles about how you wish you hadn’t had a son and are obsessed with your son not getting fat is abusive. Growing up with an angry parent who is so unable to control his rage he gets a police caution, and so off the rails he sends himself antisemitic comments, is not healthy and his kids are not going to come out unscathed even if he never raises his hand to them

Reactions: 8
Smacking children is very wrong and should be illegal, and getting hit as a child left me with severe issues. Psychological abuse is bad too though. Writing articles about how you wish you hadn’t had a son and are obsessed with your son not getting fat is abusive. Growing up with an angry parent who is so unable to control his rage he gets a police caution, and so off the rails he sends himself antisemitic comments, is not healthy and his kids are not going to come out unscathed even if he never raises his hand to them
Do you think that Tiny twit can rein in his temper with the children or Esther?

My father hit me only once but dealing with his foul explosive temper and vicious words over 40+ years left me with serious psychological issues. I'm willing to bet that Giles is even worse behind closed doors - most abusers are.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My dad was a dark, angry, Victorian style dad. I was a good kid and did well at school etc., and still he criticised every single thing I did. I got a first at a very good University and his exact words to me were “you need to fail, you won’t learn anything until you fail”. There was no love and no pride. But I grew up wanting a kind, gentle, funny dad, like some of my friends’ dads. Like the Siddiqui dad on Gogglebox. I hate my father, he has also put my lovely gentle mum though absolute hell, and I won’t mourn him when he eventually dies - and by the way, that day can’t come soon enough.
Giles: this is you.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Giles’ latest Times column is about how grieving parents whose children have died preventable deaths should accept it in a “dignified” manner rather than engaging in “hysterical” activism. It’s going down like the proverbial lead balloon on Mumsnet on a thread posted by an allergy parent called: “AIBU to be furious at the scorn Giles Coren shows towards grieving parents?” (Can’t post link).

His column has also upset bereaved activist parents who are campaigning for legal reform on Twitter too:

Giles just can’t help himself, can he? What an absolute knobber.

• Angry
  • Wow
My dad was a dark, angry, Victorian style dad. I was a good kid and did well at school etc., and still he criticised every single thing I did. I got a first at a very good University and his exact words to me were “you need to fail, you won’t learn anything until you fail”. There was no love and no pride. But I grew up wanting a kind, gentle, funny dad, like some of my friends’ dads. Like the Siddiqui dad on Gogglebox. I hate my father, he has also put my lovely gentle mum though absolute hell, and I won’t mourn him when he eventually dies - and by the way, that day can’t come soon enough.
Giles: this is you.
My experience with my dad was the same. He died when I was 16, I didn't cry, and I didn't enter the church at the funeral, as I didn't want to sit through all the praise for him. Dark, angry and Victorian is a good description!
I can't imagine that Giles is secretly a lovely parent behind closed doors.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I don’t think Giles Coren should use social media to comment on anyone’s death. This glib and flippant post is how he chose is how he chose to respond to the tragic death of a 20 year old cricketer. People in the comments are asking if he is drunk!

Giles Coren Has No Idea

“I bet the ump is glad he gave that lbw now. Lovely action. We can’t do with losing lovely left arm round boys”

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
I don’t think Giles Coren should use social media to comment on anyone’s death. This glib and flippant post is how he chose is how he chose to respond to the tragic death of a 20 year old cricketer. People in the comments are asking if he is drunk!

Giles Coren Has No Idea

“I bet the ump is glad he gave that lbw now. Lovely action. We can’t do with losing lovely left arm round boys”

That's a bizarre and tbh shocking reaction. He's definitely missing something in the empathy/ human department. Whether that was taken away from him at boarding school I don't know but it must be awful having him as a father/ husband/ neighbour/ any part of your life.

Reactions: 1