Ghosts - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Behind a spoiler just in case nobody has yet viewed
Has Katy Wix left the series? I was surprised when she was suddenly 'sucked up'.
Such a moving episode.

really well handled with explaining how different people deal with loss and grief and how it's all valid etc.

Reactions: 5
I really hope there's a Xmas episode this year.

I would love to see them inviting people to attend a ghost hunt. Psychic investigators would be fun. It would also be interesting if someone else visiting could see the ghosts.

We still don't know how Kitty died do we?
I would like to see that properly explained next.

Reactions: 3

I would love to see them inviting people to attend a ghost hunt. Psychic investigators would be fun. It would also be interesting if someone else visiting could see the ghosts.

We don't know the captain's name or how he died. I bet it's heartbreaking.

I just adore this programme and it's one where I find myself simultaneously laughing and crying all the time! Also have a huge crush on the Captain 🤣❤

Reactions: 6
I love this show! Binged series 4 already 🙈 has anyone listened to the podcast on BBC sounds? I was disappointed as I thought there might be some behind the scenes insight but it's mainly the presenter (the guy who plays Mike's friend Obi) mucking about with a couple of the main actors . Hopefully it'll improve!

They've kind of done that already in an earlier episode and it backfired because the ghosts were having a protest and wouldn't 'perform', so Alison and Mike started faking stuff and got caught out!

After watching tonight's episode (I'm resisting binge watching the rest of the series but it's going to be difficult), it just gets better and better.

I missed that S4 was available and happened upon it the other day and have been treating myself to an episode in the bath - it makes me so, so happy 🖤🖤

I've got a massive crush on Matthew Baynton (Thomas, definitely would) and a deep appreciation for Jim Howick (Pat) and the rest of the cast. Huge soft spot for Mary. Absolutely love seeing the plague people too. Loving the subtle character development of most of the characters. Perfect telly.

I love everything this team do together and separately. Wouldn't mind them haunting me.

Reactions: 7
Absolutely love this show...it is a joy to watch. Robin and Julian are my favourites. Fanny reminds me of Mrs Slocombe from Are you being served, I think it's the face she pulls when shocked or disgusted 😆
I see all episodes are now available on iplayer so that's my evening sorted. Thank you BBC 🙌

• Heart
I wanted to binge watch all episodes tonight but only managed to watch 4 out of the 6.....so still have 2 to watch. 😁. It is so good..... It has to be one of the best modern comedies around today ❤.
Hoping this is not a spoiler (I don't think it is) but pmsl at the sorry song 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Has anyone watched the American version?
I saw the first 2 episodes which are very similar to the British version in storyline setting up the scene.

It's disappointing though. I didn't laugh once.
Some of the characters are based on the UK ones and some aren't. The woman playing the Lady Button type character was nowhere near as good as our Fanny. The characters of Thomas and Julian has been combined into a young hedge fund manager (dreadful). As my daughter pointed out the Americans don't like having any truly despicable characters like Julian which leads to inevitable blandness.

• Heart
  • Haha
I saw the first 2 episodes which are very similar to the British version in storyline setting up the scene.

Some of the characters are based on the UK ones and some aren't. The woman playing the Lady Button type character was nowhere near as good as our Fanny. The characters of Thomas and Julian has been combined into a young hedge fund manager (dreadful). As my daughter pointed out the Americans don't like having any truly despicable characters like Julian which leads to inevitable blandness.
They've done what America always does when recreating many UK sitcoms, copy and paste and then bit of fudging. And it's just terrible. Never their own original spin on it.

Loved it. I listened to the podcast yesterday when walking the dog, whoever on here mentioned it was right, they just muck about. Would love to know more about the characters and writing process.

while I love the show I think it would need to add more for any future series. Like can someone else’s see the ghosts as well? Even if for just one episode. And a new ghost in the house would be good. I know it’s a sitcom and so not much is going to change.

I felt the same after watching the first couple of episodes, however I stuck with it and it grew on me a bit. The US version branches out a bit more than the UK one, we see ghosts in other settings and other ghosts come and go in the house, so in that respect it's a bit different.

I've just listened to the second podcast and it was a lot better than the first! It gave a bit more insight into the writing/creative process.

Some of them look so different out of costume....especially Fanny, Mary and Robin.

I felt the same after watching the first couple of episodes, however I stuck with it and it grew on me a bit. The US version branches out a bit more than the UK one, we see ghosts in other settings and other ghosts come and go in the house, so in that respect it's a bit different.

I've just listened to the second podcast and it was a lot better than the first! It gave a bit more insight into the writing/creative process.
Where do you watch the American version? 🙂

We've just started watching this, I love it! It's a perfect mix of comedy with a bit of a story and nice short episodes too.