Ghosts - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m taking it week by week but the first episode was great! Felt a little different in places with the new director but it was as funny and clever as usual.

My sister finally decided to start watching it and just started with this episode so she was a bit confused about who were ghosts...

Reactions: 5
I've just watched the entire series. It was great and I didn't miss the plague victims at all.

Humphrey got more airtime but there's still a few ghosts where we haven't seen their deaths. Hopefully this points to another series being made 🙂

I was really hoping that Mike might get to see one of the ghosts this time.

I just watched the 2020 Christmas episode and it's so good 😭 genuinely cried

Reactions: 7
I’m taking it week by week but the first episode was great! Felt a little different in places with the new director but it was as funny and clever as usual.

My sister finally decided to start watching it and just started with this episode so she was a bit confused about who were ghosts...
Oh I was wondering why it felt different. I like that Mike is getting more 'interaction' with the ghosts even though he cant see them and we are seeing more from his point of view of his wife having a completely different life that he cant be part of.

Reactions: 3
Ghosts is hilarious! The best thing about it is how great it is to rewatch - so much happening in the background, and clever little bits of dialogue.

I met Laurence Rickard through my godmother when she worked in broadcasting. He was really nice. I met Ben Willbond in passing, but only very briefly, and he was nice too. They all seem very genuine.

Reactions: 8
Hope they are planning another series.

We still haven't heard what happened to Kitty and Mary.

Reactions: 6
Hope they are planning another series.

We still haven't heard what happened to Kitty and Mary.
I reeeallly hope so it's the best thing that's been on TV for ages.
I'm not sure how they could make Mary's death funny though 🤔

Reactions: 4
I reeeallly hope so it's the best thing that's been on TV for ages.
I'm not sure how they could make Mary's death funny though 🤔
The running theme seems to be that all of them did something foolish inadvertently causing their own death !

Was Mary burned as a witch? Or did she just burn the cakes? I see what you mean about that being a bit problematic though.

Reactions: 3
The running theme seems to be that all of them did something foolish inadvertently causing their own death !

Was Mary burned as a witch? Or did she just burn the cakes? I see what you mean about that being a bit problematic though.
I thought she mentioned in passing in one of the episodes being burned at the stake, very early on - I'm sure she has a line somewhere about people coming to get her and taking her away.

This video says she was burned at the stake at about 2 minutes 30 -

I really want to know what happened to Kitty, she really interests me. Definitely my spirit animal XD

I expect that for Mary the comedy will be about what exactly made people think she was a witch. Witch burnings can be light-hearted (e.g. Good Omens with Witchfinder Thou-Shalt-Not-Commit-Adultery Pulsifer).

I could see Kitty's story being more sad, though, and I'm very curious about Robin and the Captain. I like the theory going around that Robin got struck by lightning. I've seen lots of people worry that the circumstances surrounding the Captain's death might be very sad, but I quite like the idea that he had a very ordinary death and just finds it a bit embarrassing as he would have liked to go down in a blaze of glory.

I suppose I found Pat's death quite dark and tragic yet still humorous. They're obviously good at combining tragedy and comedy so I will trust them!

I expect that for Mary the comedy will be about what exactly made people think she was a witch. Witch burnings can be light-hearted (e.g. Good Omens with Witchfinder Thou-Shalt-Not-Commit-Adultery Pulsifer).

I could see Kitty's story being more sad, though, and I'm very curious about Robin and the Captain. I like the theory going around that Robin got struck by lightning. I've seen lots of people worry that the circumstances surrounding the Captain's death might be very sad, but I quite like the idea that he had a very ordinary death and just finds it a bit embarrassing as he would have liked to go down in a blaze of glory.
Yeah I'm very curious about Kitty as she's the only one who's death we know nothing about. I just assumed Robin died naturally cos cavemen died young and that the Captain died in the war. But yeah now I think about it he has no visible injuries so I think that's probably very likely that he had an un-heroic death and is embarrassed about it. I hope they do flashback episodes for all of them, even for the deaths that have been explained like Fanny's.

Last edited:
I suppose I found Pat's death quite dark and tragic yet still humorous. They're obviously good at combining tragedy and comedy so I will trust them!

Yeah I'm very curious about Kitty as she's the only one who's death we know nothing about. I just assumed Robin died naturally cos cavemen died young and that the Captain died in the war. But yeah now I think about it he has no visible injuries so I think that's probably very likely that he had an un-heroic death and is embarrassed about it. I hope they do flashback episodes for all of them, even for the deaths that have been explained like Fanny's.
Yes, I want to know more about Fanny (ha!). I'm really fascinated by her. I'm more fascinated by the fact we don't know the Captain's name. I like the idea that there's going to be some big reveal (like he's actually a Button, or he's famous posthumously or something) but I think he's just got an unfortunate surname.

The captain can't have died in the war, he had to have died on the grounds of button house. I like the theory that he discovered the young sergeant he liked got killed on Africa and died of heartbreak. Would be very in keeping with his demeanour of stuff upper lip but actually squishy Teddy inside.

Reactions: 4
For those of you who are sad that the series has come to an end, here's the bloopers 😃

Reactions: 10
I love ghosts! Just such a brilliant programme with super cast

I didn't think this year's Xmas episode was as good as last year but I still enjoyed it. I liked that they drew attention to the high numbers of ex-servicemen who end up homeless.

Jennifer Saunders was unintelligible in places! Her performance was really quite odd.

I want to find out more about how Kitty died. Has anyone got any idea about that? I hope we find out in a new series.

It’s so weird to think that the actor of Mike has to act like he can’t see the ghost actors right in front of him!
Pat has my whole heart ❤
Also I’m pretty sure I read that Robin and Humphrey are the same actor, I wonder how that works when they’re filming

It’s so weird to think that the actor of Mike has to act like he can’t see the ghost actors right in front of him!
Pat has my whole heart ❤
Also I’m pretty sure I read that Robin and Humphrey are the same actor, I wonder how that works when they’re filming
They're rarely seen together and they probably just have another actor in the 'body of Humphrey' costume. Humphrey was hardly in the Xmas special.

Reactions: 2