Ghosts - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else been watching this? A comedy from the creators of Horrible Histories.

Best comedy in years for me! Absolutely hilarious, the past couple of episodes have been total quality.

I'm going to be very sad when it's over tonight, so glad there's a Christmas special coming!

Reactions: 20
Love it, it’s like going back to the 90’s when there were proper comedies on the BBC. Hope there are more to come.

Reactions: 6
It gets good reviews on IMDb, and apparently, according to the trivia section

On Tuesday, 28th May 2019 BBC One announced that it had commissioned a second series of the sitcom, expected to be broadcast in 2020. Series one has been a significant success for the British broadcaster and as of the end of the first series was the highest rated British comedy TV series of 2019.
I must confess to not bothering with the BBC these days, but if this is decent non-politically-orientated sitcom I might just give it a try (y)

Reactions: 3
I love it. I've only seen the first season so far but planning on watching season two soon

Reactions: 1
This and Yondeland are my favourite TV shows in the last decade!

Just brill.
Cripes, you really have piqued my interest! Not often the BBC churn out anything decent these day, but this might be a rare exception.

The only other recent-ish comedy that I absolutely adore is "Peep Show", but that was Ch4. Hope "Ghosts" can give it some competition (y)

Reactions: 3
This and Yondeland are my favourite TV shows in the last decade!

Just brill.
I'm trying to hunt down Yonderland now, that was completely off my radar when it was on! Looks great

@Bezolabub let us know what you think! It's definitely not politically oriented, a fun little escape

Reactions: 2
I loved it.binged both series,not watched what I'd call a good comedy in do long I think bbc hit nail on head for once

Reactions: 5
Cripes, you really have piqued my interest! Not often the BBC churn out anything decent these day, but this might be a rare exception.

The only other recent-ish comedy that I absolutely adore is "Peep Show", but that was Ch4. Hope "Ghosts" can give it some competition (y)
Hahaha. I think if you enjoyed Peep Show, you may enjoy this. The first series takes some breaking in- as does any where they're establishing characters etc but it's fab.

Peep show was outstanding. I'm always told that I remind people of Jez which I'm not entirely sure is a good thing 😂

I'm trying to hunt down Yonderland now, that was completely off my radar when it was on! Looks great

@Bezolabub let us know what you think! It's definitely not politically oriented, a fun little escape
Yondeland is the kind of wacky programme you watched as a child and reminisced about as an adult but made for your now warped/ jaded/ filthy adult mind 😂

I think you can get the dvds online but one of the series is impossible to get hold of.

Like This Life which I got recently. Series one is dirt cheap but series two is £££

Reactions: 2
Hahaha. I think if you enjoyed Peep Show, you may enjoy this. The first series takes some breaking in- as does any where they're establishing characters etc but it's fab.

Peep show was outstanding. I'm always told that I remind people of Jez which I'm not entirely sure is a good thing 😂

Yondeland is the kind of wacky programme you watched as a child and reminisced about as an adult but made for your now warped/ jaded/ filthy adult mind 😂

I think you can get the dvds online but one of the series is impossible to get hold of.

Like This Life which I got recently. Series one is dirt cheap but series two is £££
Will have to check this yondeland out now sounds up my alley

Ghosts is the best show the BBC have produced in ages! It's well written with some great characters. You can tell that most of them have had a hand in creating the characters and that's what makes a difference.

I loved the episode where we found out how Thomas died it was tragic and tragically funny 😁
Really hope it comes back for a 3rd series.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Ghosts is the best show the BBC have produced in ages! It's well written with some great characters. You can tell that most of them have had a hand in creating the characters and that's what makes a difference.

I loved the episode where we found out how Thomas died it was tragic and tragically funny 😁
Really hope it comes back for a 3rd series.
Totally agree. And the episode where we find out about Pat ❤❤

We're rewatching it all again. Brill!

• Heart
Quite honestly the best comedy on BBC in a long time. And I've started my 6yo watching Horrible Histories as written by a lot of the same people so he can "learn" while I giggle.

I'm obsessed with a lot of Alison's wardrobe too lol

I have loved Ghosts since it was first launched. Such a great idea, all the ghosts through the years and how they died. I like the special effects, going through walls, etc. 🤣

loved the episode where we found out how Thomas died it was tragic and tragically funny 😁
Really hope it comes back for a 3rd series
The Thomas Thorne affair was genius. It was so well done. I live Ghosts. Definitely the best thing on TV

• Heart
I started watching it last night after reading this thread and I’m on season 2 already, I love it ! Best thing I’ve watched in a long time

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I loved this!!! Mary and Julian were my favourites, wasn’t keen on kitty and the cave man at first but they definitely grew on me. I only watched it because it had a few cast members (Mike and Mary) from Stath let’s flats. If you haven’t seen that yet it’s a much watch.
If you really enjoyed this I thoroughly recommend what we do in the shadows.