Gender Discussions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not sure if I’ve miss understood your question, but I think what the previous poster was getting to was, trans men for example don’t see themselves as women, but they do have a cervix and would need smear tests

Well, I'm sorry, but that's up to them to have the intelligence to realise they need one, we don't need to change the language, especially for such a small minority.

Reactions: 9
I'm still convinced it's more for the benefit of trans women but even if it is for the benefit of trans men, it's still very silly- just because *you* want to deny reality does not give you the right to expect a word to be removed. You don't want to call yourself a woman? Fine but others do.

Reactions: 10
How about 'women and other people who might either have a womb or think they do and therefore might need a smear test'

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Fine if you don't want to call yourself a woman on a day to day basis but there should be no ambiguity from a medical point of view just to appease you

How about 'women and other people who might either have a womb or think they do and therefore might need a smear test'
Or women and trans men. But of course trans women would complain about that "I'm a woman and I don't have a womb, I feel so invalidated now!"

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That's because they're mostly straight men

I looked up the definition and it can mean both. Someone who is trans and a 'lesbian' or someone who dates other trans people

Reactions: 3
There's literally no escape. Got a work email for pride month re "LGBTQ+ & Sport" - by a gay man. Snippets include:
  • "Trans people in general have an incredibly tough time in sport - e.g. trans women not being allowed to play in women's teams" - OFC trans women are the ones specified
  • "Trans women are banned by World Rugby from elite games" - not sure why that could POSSIBLY be???
I don't know what's worse, that the majority involved in this agree with the endangerment of female athletes and erasure of women's sport, or the majority don't, but not one person could speak up for fear of upsetting the minority and being branded transphobic at work.

Also he talks of elite sport needing better 'gender representation', which I don't get. Does he mean transgender? As I thought trans women were women so they're not a third gender, they are women (apparently). If not, please don't tell me he's talking about 'non-binary' or 'demigender'. This is rude but, I think you'll find it an impossible task to find elite sportspeople who identify outside of the gender binary. They are far too talented with too much else to do than worry about pronouns.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
There's literally no escape. Got a work email for pride month re "LGBTQ+ & Sport" - by a gay man. Snippets include:
  • "Trans people in general have an incredibly tough time in sport - e.g. trans women not being allowed to play in women's teams" - OFC trans women are the ones specified
  • "Trans women are banned by World Rugby from elite games" - not sure why that could POSSIBLY be???
I don't know what's worse, that the majority involved in this agree with the endangerment of female athletes and erasure of women's sport, or the majority don't, but not one person could speak up for fear of upsetting the minority and being branded transphobic at work.

Also he talks of elite sport needing better 'gender representation', which I don't get. Does he mean transgender? As I thought trans women were women so they're not a third gender, they are women (apparently). If not, please don't tell me he's talking about 'non-binary' or 'demigender'. This is rude but, I think you'll find it an impossible task to find elite sportspeople who identify outside of the gender binary. They are far too talented with too much else to do than worry about pronouns.
It's always curious when gay men or any lgb participate in this nonsense, given that TRAs love to rebrand same-sex attraction as same gender attraction, call them genital fetishists, magazines even proposing they try "lady dick".

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Got a census reminder in the post today. I'm wondering if sex and gender identity will be separated on the form. We shall see.

Reactions: 5

Well, it’s international women’s day coming up in March, so maybe you should send a similar email around 🤣 talk about how tough women have it in sport, you could mention issues regarding equal pay, support from the media and sponsors, body shaming, and now being forced to play against people who were born male 🙃

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Well, it’s international women’s day coming up in March, so maybe you should send a similar email around 🤣 talk about how tough women have it in sport, you could mention issues regarding equal pay, support from the media and sponsors, body shaming, and now being forced to play against people who were born male 🙃
Le cry :(

Also, I've not once seen someone (trans or otherwise) fighting for trans inclusion in male sports. Obviously because they know due to fundamental biological differences between the sexes that 1) women would be in danger and 2) it wouldn't be a fair competition. Yet that logic disappears when it comes to TiM. Because men must win and get their way in all situations, even and especially if it comes at the expense of women (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Got a census reminder in the post today. I'm wondering if sex and gender identity will be separated on the form. We shall see.
hadn't thought about this, I wonder how much time has been dedicated to how this should be addressed?

Reactions: 3
Other men are not allowed to play on women's teams, FFS.

"Trans women are banned by World Rugby from elite games"
No they're not, the men's team is open to them as it always has been.

If you were a mediocre sportsman what better way to ensure you're going to win?

And as for the lack of representation of non binary? Give me a break. It takes serious work, dedication and training to be an elite sportsperson, they're too busy navel gazing for that

Reactions: 9
Wonderfully there's now a GoFundMe for the Monklands women's refuge in Scotland if anyone can spare a donation:

But in other news:

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.