Gender Discussions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still don’t get the concept of non binary. It seems to be that some days they wear women’s clothes and some days they wear men’s clothes, and they think that somehow makes them special and unique?

Reactions: 12
Usually for a female who identifies as non binary it's short and dyed hair, a masculine style of dress. There is absolutely nothing special or unique

Reactions: 9
I still don’t get the concept of non binary. It seems to be that some days they wear women’s clothes and some days they wear men’s clothes, and they think that somehow makes them special and unique?
Apparently non-binary sits under the trans umbrella which I don't really understand either.

I think a lot of the "individuals with cervixes" talk is designed to reach women who "don't identify" as women and might otherwise think it irrelevant to them. I guess that's not a problem with home tests, as they will just post it to women regardless of "gender identity"/"pronouns"
#
Genuine question. Surely, if that is their status, they don't need smear tests?

I've said on former threads that if someone identifies as non binary I know I won't be able to have a reasonable conversation with them. I have a non binary acquaintance who was great fun in their former self but is now just so boring and self important and bristling with victimhood. Being around someone like that is exhausting, having to watch every word you say and not being able to relax in case you cause offence
This is the thing, transgender I can actually understand in a way... I don’t believe that a man can ever truly be a woman.. but I can understand it and accept them.. non binary is just a minefield that I do not understand, and it tends to just be a personality trait

Reactions: 10
⬆⬆⬆ I think Witch meant that it’s so women who are now identifying as trans men or NB aren’t excluded... so they DO still have a cervix but don’t want to be in the woman group. But obv there is the whole other issue of trans women (bio men) who will feel ‘left out’ when they read about women having a cervix and needing a smear EYE ROLL! I wonder if any trans men feel offended when they can’t get a prostate screening. Doubtful.

Reactions: 8
Yeah I know those kinds of people too, I definitely think it's supposed to be threatening because it does feel like it, but if you say that to them they can just say "I'm only saying your name, how is that threatening?" So sly
They're very good at this aren't they? Nothing is ever their fault ...

Reactions: 7
#
Genuine question. Surely, if that is their status, they don't need smear tests?
I’m not sure if I’ve miss understood your question, but I think what the previous poster was getting to was, trans men for example don’t see themselves as women, but they do have a cervix and would need smear tests

Reactions: 6
This is the thing, transgender I can actually understand in a way... I don’t believe that a man can ever truly be a woman.. but I can understand it and accept them.. non binary is just a minefield that I do not understand, and it tends to just be a personality trait
Gender is a personality
Sex is not

It really is that simple

Reactions: 8
Gender is a personality
Sex is not

It really is that simple
No, gender is ‘either the male or female division of a species’ gender and sex are not as separate as many like to make out. Ofcourse there are also gender stereotypes which is a different topic

Reactions: 5
⬆⬆⬆ I think Witch meant that it’s so women who are now identifying as trans men or NB aren’t excluded... so they DO still have a cervix but don’t want to be in the woman group. But obv there is the whole other issue of trans women (bio men) who will feel ‘left out’ when they read about women having a cervix and needing a smear EYE ROLL! I wonder if any trans men feel offended when they can’t get a prostate screening. Doubtful.
Honestly, I think this change in language has nothing to do with trans men or non binary and everything to do with trans women so they don't feel excluded. In the last thread someone posted a Reddit screenshot of someone being pulled up on the use of 'biological women' as it makes trans women feel invalidated.

• Angry
  • Sad
Honestly, I think this change in language has nothing to do with trans men or non binary and everything to do with trans women so they don't feel excluded. In the last thread someone posted a Reddit screenshot of someone being pulled up on the use of 'biological women' as it makes trans women feel invalidated.
What pisses me off about this is that.. they tell us (as in the general population) that they are who they say they are, that they are women (focusing on trans women here) but then they also are allowed to tell us what we are? As in they tell biological men and women that we are cis, (and the word biological isn’t allowed) and to reject that is to be transphobic.. so they’re allowed to define themselves, but we aren’t allowed to define ourselves?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Do you think it is more to do with trans women feeling excluded than trans men not wanting to be called women? I was sort of hoping it was the latter as it seems the lesser of two evils 😔 As someone also said, some women don’t even know they have a cervix or what it does, they just know that when you go to a smear test, they put a little swab in and you get the results a week later. Half of my adult friends still call their vulva a vagina FFS, I really don’t think the medical world can count on everyone knowing about a cervix 🤦🏻‍♀️

No, gender is ‘either the male or female division of a species’ gender and sex are not as separate as many like to make out. Ofcourse there are also gender stereotypes which is a different topic
Oh I would agree but for the purposes of gender ideology, gender is a personality trait. If you express yourself a certain way (gender personality etc) it should not mean you are the exact same as women

Reactions: 4
On the subject of cervical screening, the Sunday Times is running a piece about how some women have been unable to book an appointment during lockdown and left in the dark (a friend of mine spoke to the journalist writing it to add some weight to the piece). It should be out this weekend, eagle eye at the ready for any mention of "people with cervixes"...

I'm interested to see their angle. I think it's yet another example of women's health being put to the back of the queue. Sounds like there's a lot of women who have received the letter, and told screening was still going ahead during lockdown, but their surgery isn't offering it and no timeline given on when they will be.

Reactions: 7
Another screenshot from a Reddit page for you all... now, I will say, at least they recognise that this is sexist and misogynistic but.. imagine if Rachel dolezal came out saying ‘one of my friends called me the n word, and it was really validating that they saw me as a black person, also TMI but being called the n word really turned me on, maybe it’s because I’m racist but whatever who cares’
A655ABF2-9129-4CF3-A267-233AC14B60F7.png

Oh I would agree but for the purposes of gender ideology, gender is a personality trait. If you express yourself a certain way (gender personality etc) it should not mean you are the exact same as women
Oh I get you haha sorry I thought you were arguing against what I said

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
See this is why they don't understand womens fear of assault or misogynistic abuse and have no empathy for us wanting safe spaces, because for them such stuff is validating and affirming and a turn on.

Reactions: 15
I’d love to know what the transgender movement would say to being asked ‘why am I not trans?’ If we can identify as whatever, then can I identify as a trans woman? 🤔

• Haha
'Acceptance without exception' is Stonewall's motto so they shouldn't question you if you want to be your brave and stunning self

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.