Gender Discussions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly, the internet has been rocket fuel in this ideology.

The sad thing about this tweet is that on first glance you think the person is annoyed at the ridiculousness of it all. But nope, she's actually praising the pandering gynae

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I yesterday saw a widely RT'ed thread about how constantly feeling tired can be a symptom of ADHD - especially if you have "ADHD and a menstrual cycle." Time to repeatedly bang my head against the nearest wall

Reactions: 2
@Doc Thank you for replying to my comment on the other thread. Would you explain your point about biology? Also I am interested to learn about how women's rights are affected, this is something I have never really considered before.
So sorry, I’ve only just seen this 🙈.

Biological disadvantage- women are generally much smaller and less powerful than men. The building blocks of physique are down to hormonal and structural differences, and biological purpose (child birth). This can’t just be “trans” away with hormone therapy as it is much more complex than that. I don’t think it’s fair or right. that trans women are eradicating women’s achievements through sport. Did you know what high school boys can outperform top female athletes thanks to their biology?

Just have a quick scan through these threads, there are lots of examples of it.

thanks so much for coming to discuss, it’s so nice being able to respectfully chat. What are your views?

Reactions: 9
An LGBT+ group at work shared a list of LGBT+ books available at our library.

Given they were encouraging pronouns in emails a few months ago, I don't think they double-checked what this one was about.

Amazon product

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A gaslit trans window who's selfish and narcissistic husband came out as trans after she gave birth pretends she is totally fine with everything. Alarming cognitive dissonance. It's worth having a read of the twitter thread too

Reactions: 3
I read her interview with The Guardian. Astonishing how, after multiple miscarriages, gruelling IVF treatment, pregnancy, being sexually assaulted when pregnant, a traumatic birth and breastfeeding she decided to allow her husband to share the word “Mum” 🤢

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

With 1 in 10 of every child dying at one of the Irish / Catholic Church’s slave labour camps for unwed mothers, rape victims and the disabled as well as the abuses and exploitation suffered by the mothers themselves. Apart from mealy mouthed apologies, when are heads going to start rolling? A lot of the fellas involved will still be old, and if Germany is putting centenarians on trial for guarding concentration camps, surely a few ex politicians and retired priests and nuns should end up in jail.

I bet the gold and relics and stuffed bank accounts could be taken off the Church and divested to start paying compensation to their victims and their children.

Reactions: 7
Wow, I just read that sex toy article and it’s really really bad. Twice refers to ‘penis owners’ or ‘penis-having partner’ - can we really not say men now for fear of offending the woke brigade?!

All the language is cringey as duck and it’s patently obvious they haven’t actually tried these things out, just parroted out the advertising spiel in order to promote the affiliate links. Plus, a number of the toys are well over the £100 price point - one I think is nearly £200! Even if you buy that her audience has grown up with her, how many early-mid 20s have a couple of hundred quid to spend on a vibrator?! Really?

Reactions: 4
Wow, I just read that sex toy article and it’s really really bad. Twice refers to ‘penis owners’ or ‘penis-having partner’ - can we really not say men now for fear of offending the woke brigade?!

All the language is cringey as duck and it’s patently obvious they haven’t actually tried these things out, just parroted out the advertising spiel in order to promote the affiliate links. Plus, a number of the toys are well over the £100 price point - one I think is nearly £200! Even if you buy that her audience has grown up with her, how many early-mid 20s have a couple of hundred quid to spend on a vibrator?! Really?

Not all men have penises and not all people with penises are men. The fact that they are using inclusive language is a good thing.
And more importantly, it's not about 'offending the woke brigade', it's about not erasing the existence of trans, non-binary and intersex people. Transphobia is rife, and with all the crappy laws that have been passed recently using inclusive language is the very least we can do.

20210114_175707.jpg

Perfect example of a handmaiden. Is oh so polite to the man who says "he" and goes straight in with "terf" at the woman
(Thread about Izzard)

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm in a social group for LGBT people interested in LGBT cinema. I haven't met any of the other members offline yet (I met them through an app designed for making friends and we started up in May last year - so we've been in "lockdown" for most of that time.) "Officially", we have several women and four men. In reality we have two men, and several women including two transmen. I have nothing against the trans members - I don't know them that well, though they seem like nice enough people. But, although I know everyone in the group is very much "we hate TERFs", I know that the gay men in the group wouldn't date a transman/the lesbians wouldn't date a transwoman. One of the trans members of the group likes to talk a lot about her opinions "as a gay man", do people really feel no dissonance hearing this from someone who is so clearly a straight woman? It just gives me such a weird feeling sometimes

Reactions: 13
I am not totally clued up on up...but Hilary didn't really seem to have an awfull;y messed up childhood? If you read up up about Racehl she really seemed to be trying to creat another chilndhoold that her parents didn't give her
I don't think tin pot psychology comes into it Not all serial killers had messed up childhoods.

It's hilarious to see people fawn all over Eddie for just putting on lipstick and an awful hair piece. He himself has indicated he doesn't care if he's called he or she but some people lose their minds if he's referred to as he. Madness!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.