Gender Discussions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbh I don't understand how 'not really trans'helpd them. How did keira get hormones and surgery even she's not 'really trans'? Its almost like the affirmation model is a bad idea...oh no
You're exactly right.
The problem with saying 'Keira isn't true trans as she's detransitioning' is even if that is true, Keira obtained hormones and surgery. So, that argument in itself proves the danger she is trying to protect other children against - children who are not 'actually trans' should not get hormones and surgery, and evidently it is happening because she got hold of it. They're just literally too stupid to realise they're proving her argument.

Reactions: 7

Egg freezing doesn’t have good success rates yet. Wonder how many girls are told this when they freeze their eggs before starting hormones that could leave them infertile?

Reactions: 6
Yes I do believe *bio* women are more oppressed than someone who was born male and enjoyed all the advantages of being male. Next question
I genuinely don't understand why being trans is related to gender rights (especially female) to such a degree in general tbh. Like, it's very own a separate issue because these people get to enjoy the privilege with being male and depending on how well they pass, or if they were born a female, the issues associated with that.
I'm sure trans people also have hard time breaking through the glass ceiling in a work place but it's probably not fully related to their gender, especially if they transitioned to be male.
It just feels like they should have their own space from which to ask for rights and access to things rather than being dumped in with centuries of gender stereotypes and struggles

Reactions: 11
"You are not in trouble im just trying to educate you"
:mad::mad::mad:

I read that as meaning "don't make the same mistake again, or else"
The two redditers there are both teenagers and so most likely havnt experienced much of real life yet.. and I say that as a 26 year old who wasn’t a teenager THAT long ago

Reactions: 7
My SIL volunteers for the Samaritans, and she confirmed that they get more pervs than genuine callers.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
View attachment 451976
Just ventured into the subreddit ‘terfisafetish’ I shouldn’t have... this tit makes me so so sad for women all around the world!
I wasn't a teenager that long ago but damn are they spoiled, uneducated brats. If you live in Canada for example you can get your transitioned covered by the taxpayers, free(pretty sure) therapy, safe spaces, an entire society bending over backwards to accommodate you, a choice to transition or not, but you think you're more oppressed then women the world over? Really, when even in first world countries women are killed at higher rates, sexually harrassed, still don't have proper medical care for issues only pertaining to us, trafficked, raped, etc. Not even going to go into other issues affecting women in other countries this is so frustrating. Oh almost forgot about rape shelters for women shut down because of their whims.

Reactions: 14
You're exactly right.
The problem with saying 'Keira isn't true trans as she's detransitioning' is even if that is true, Keira obtained hormones and surgery. So, that argument in itself proves the danger she is trying to protect other children against - children who are not 'actually trans' should not get hormones and surgery, and evidently it is happening because she got hold of it. They're just literally too stupid to realise they're proving her argument.
I saw a video by someone on YouTube arguing that she basically 'tricked' the Tavi into giving her treatment - basically blaming her for everything that went wrong. Aside from that being a really crappy thing to do, it's also massively hypocritical since trans reddit and other online places are full of advice on how to get past 'gatekeepers.'

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I saw a video by someone on YouTube arguing that she basically 'tricked' the Tavi into giving her treatment - basically blaming her for everything that went wrong. Aside from that being a really crappy thing to do, it's also massively hypocritical since trans reddit and other online places are full of advice on how to get past 'gatekeepers.'
It's just stupid. They shouldn't be able to be 'tricked' by a child into giving that child damaging drugs, that is literally the point ffs.

Reactions: 9
Does anyone have any good articles or information that clearly speaks about what the trans rights movement is actually asking for?
It just occurred to me that I actually don’t know what the trans rights movement is trying to achieve.. all I hear is ‘trans rights are human rights’ which.. is true, but human rights already exists and trans people already have these rights, so I’m not sure what rights trans people don’t already have that they are wanting?

Reactions: 6
Sorry to post about personal experience again, but it is regarding giving people hormones under the age of 16. My non binary friend retweeted a thread about how its messed up the NHS refuse to give hormones to people under 16, and there should not be an age limit at all.

For me, when I was 13/14 I wanted to be a boy - that feeling lasted for a few months and I even tried to dress more masculine. I was very confused and soon realised I was not trans but just not accepting of the fact I was a lesbian. I thought if I were a boy, I'd have a much easier life being a straight guy than a gay woman (due to discrimination).

If my parents had taken me to the doctor in those short months and I was put onto hormones, I cannot imagine the amount of mental and emotional damage it would have done to me, at such a young age. I'm glad my parents just let me go through that phase and let it pass, they left me alone with it and told me everything will be okay, it's normal to feel that way for a bit.

I know there are trans people who feel that they are trans from a young age, and I have no problem with the person using a different name/pronoun and discovering it for themselves. They should never ever be told "right okay, you're a boy who wants to wear princess dresses, we are going to take you to the doctors and get you on estrogen" unless that child is obviously emotionally distressed as being called he/she and boy/girl then yes take them to be assessed and see what's going on.

But hormones should only be given to someone who is 16 and over, and has gone through the correct assessments.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Does anyone have any good articles or information that clearly speaks about what the trans rights movement is actually asking for?
It just occurred to me that I actually don’t know what the trans rights movement is trying to achieve.. all I hear is ‘trans rights are human rights’ which.. is true, but human rights already exists and trans people already have these rights, so I’m not sure what rights trans people don’t already have that they are wanting?
When people struggle to even determine what trans is and trans isn’t and with that umbrella growing ever wider and more encompassing, I don’t think it’s any surprise that people can’t pinpoint what rights exactly they want. All I hear is “acceptance without exception” which to me, means “I am allowed to do what I like and you will not question me”.

Reactions: 9
Sorry to post about personal experience again, but it is regarding giving people hormones under the age of 16. My non binary friend retweeted a thread about how its messed up the NHS refuse to give hormones to people under 16, and there should not be an age limit at all.

For me, when I was 13/14 I wanted to be a boy - that feeling lasted for a few months and I even tried to dress more masculine. I was very confused and soon realised I was not trans but just not accepting of the fact I was a lesbian. I thought if I were a boy, I'd have a much easier life being a straight guy than a gay woman (due to discrimination).

If my parents had taken me to the doctor in those short months and I was put onto hormones, I cannot imagine the amount of mental and emotional damage it would have done to me, at such a young age. I'm glad my parents just let me go through that phase and let it pass, they left me alone with it and told me everything will be okay, it's normal to feel that way for a bit.

I know there are trans people who feel that they are trans from a young age, and I have no problem with the person using a different name/pronoun and discovering it for themselves. They should never ever be told "right okay, you're a boy who wants to wear princess dresses, we are going to take you to the doctors and get you on estrogen" unless that child is obviously emotionally distressed as being called he/she and boy/girl then yes take them to be assessed and see what's going on.

But hormones should only be given to someone who is 16 and over, and has gone through the correct assessments.
Well should anyone under 16 be given any other drugs? alcohol? those don't have lasting consequences such as infertility and brittle bones. It seems like your friend has a bit of tunnel vision. Why shouldn't children be seen by a qualified therapist before making a life altering decision?

Reactions: 11
You're right in that we regularly hear TRAs shouting about "trans rights" and repeating the TWAW mantra (notably you don't hear them shouting TMAM far as often!), but they're never specific in what rights they want that they don't have.

This is one example of "rights" that the Labour party trans group put together:
20210224_135615.jpg

Their requests for 'rights' usually appear to be nothing more than them declaring an ideology and demanding people agree with them otherwise they are "transphobic" or "bigoted".

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
The two redditers there are both teenagers and so most likely havnt experienced much of real life yet.. and I say that as a 26 year old who wasn’t a teenager THAT long ago
You're right in that we regularly hear TRAs shouting about "trans rights" and repeating the TWAW mantra (notably you don't hear them shouting TMAM far as often!), but they're never specific in what rights they want that they don't have.

This is one example of "rights" that the Labour party trans group put together:
View attachment 453200

Their requests for 'rights' usually appear to be nothing more than them declaring an ideology and demanding people agree with them otherwise they are "transphobic" or "bigoted".
All I really see here is stuff against transphobia.. but they never define what transphobia is..

To me, transphobia is ‘kill trans people I hate trans people’

but what I and most of us say is ‘I believe trans people exist, and should be able to exist easily but I think there needs to be regulations in place and self identification isn’t good’

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.