Gender Discussions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All I really see here is stuff against transphobia.. but they never define what transphobia is..

To me, transphobia is ‘kill trans people I hate trans people’

but what I and most of us say is ‘I believe trans people exist, and should be able to exist easily but I think there needs to be regulations in place and self identification isn’t good’
That's because they bandy around the word transphobia like it's going out of fashion. They equate dissent to their ideology as hatred.

If you believe in and stand up for women's hard fought for sex based rights, you're a transphobe.

If you believe trans women can't experience misogyny because they don't have any gynaecological parts, you're a TERF.

If you believe that we should fight against women being referred to as menstruators and people with a uterus, you're a bigot.

If you're a lesbian who writes on their profile that you're only interested in females, you will be banned from this lesbian dating site.

I have no problem with them continuing with exactly what they're doing because it's peak transing people in their droves. I see you, thread lurkers! 😉

Reactions: 12
Might be a dumb question but what difficulty do they have accessing housing, jobs or healthcare (outside of the hormone/surgery stuff)?
If the only reason they're being denied is because they're trans surely that's grounds for discrimination?

Also not sure how it fits but it's not like there aren't other groups who also have difficulty accessing these sort of services, and their issues really don't get that much attention to trans peoples issues. And many of them don't have the community or the money to be taking people to court because they're denied access to certain things. I can't speak for the Muslim community because I'm in no way part of it or informed about it, but I'm sure that there's many people within that community who also face hate speech/crime and have limited access to certain things.
I usually try not to be the person that compares several groups of people together, but I do feel like a lot of the arguments from the trans community has very hollow ground in a way?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
You're absolutely right, @Merpedy, and it's definitely not a dumb question.

TRAs claim that trans people are disadvantaged and discriminated against in every walk of life, but they fail to provide any accompanying evidence of this.

Given more and more organisations are being Stonewalled, I dare say that trans people are actually more advantaged in certain areas such as employment as companies aim to score woke points and tick boxes.

The underpinning theme I see from TRAs is a victim mentality. They claim that trans people are disproportionately affected by hate crime and there are countless people murdered because they are trans, but again, the statistics fail to back up these claims.

• Heart
I also wonder how they face discrimination when it comes to housing. I can’t imagine a letting agent for example denying them a property because they’re trans. Why would the letting agent even care? Councils certainly won’t turn someone away just because they are trans.

Maybe I’m being ignorant on this one, I dunno🤷🏻‍♀️

I think it's moving towards a time where terfs, er, sorry, people with wombs, aka women, are going to be increasingly discriminated against whereas trans people will have increasing rights and privileges. What next? Maternity leave to become 'leave expedited by the wish to have children, whether those children are pre-male, pre-female, or non-binary and let them decide by 18 months what pronoun they want to be referred to as'. Trans women who are not actually pregnant being allowed maternity leave because to prevent them will cause stress and is discriminatory? Maybe I'm being facetitious but actually I don't think I am. Meanwhile, women, not cis women or non trans women, but women born as biological women will continue to be raped, murdered, abused, overlooked, paid less than their male and trans counterparts, all so that a very small minority have their every whim catered for. Well duck the world I want to get off.

I could never post my real feelings on social media or another forum because I'd be CRUCIFIED. Thank God we have here.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I also wonder how they face discrimination when it comes to housing. I can’t imagine a letting agent for example denying them a property because they’re trans. Why would the letting agent even care? Councils certainly won’t turn someone away just because they are trans.

I don’t believe a word of it tbh.

Reactions: 5

I have never heard of a case of someone being turned down for a home for being trans. I do think the "Why would the letting agent even care?" statement is perhaps a bit naive. I have heard of people being turned down for homes for being gay, "the wrong religion", and not married (seriously).

Again, I haven't heard of this happening (and you think it would be in the media if there was a case of it given how much steam these stories seem to get) but I don't doubt it could.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been posted before, and sorry if this horrifies anyone. I’m genuinely mortified by this statement, and at first I thought it was sarcasm but it isn’t. I’m just.. momentarily speechless 😶

29884EA4-EE77-4CD0-A849-4360F1B71051.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
They haven’t even perfected uterus transplants on actual women, in what universe are they going to start doing them on biological men?

They think the uterus is just a ‘plug in and play’ organ. It’s far more complicated than that, putting a uterus into a male body will probably kill the recipient. bleeping ridiculous.

I'd love to see a TIM try and deal with the pain and associated symptoms that women go through with periods, pregnancy, birth and menopause.

This TERF isn't pushing back. Feel free to get a secondhand uterus and push a baby out of your ladydick. Best of luck to ya!

• Haha
You're right in that we regularly hear TRAs shouting about "trans rights" and repeating the TWAW mantra (notably you don't hear them shouting TMAM far as often!), but they're never specific in what rights they want that they don't have.

This is one example of "rights" that the Labour party trans group put together:
View attachment 453200

Their requests for 'rights' usually appear to be nothing more than them declaring an ideology and demanding people agree with them otherwise they are "transphobic" or "bigoted".
Interestingly, Kier Starmer was the only candidate for the Labour leadership who refused to sign up to that list of pledges before the leadership election.

• Wow
They say women shouldn't be reduced to their body parts but they're more than happy to harvest women's organs to make up for their biological shortfalls

Reactions: 11
Has anyone watched the Contrapoints video on JKR? Any thoughts?

I managed just under an hour.

She is articulate and well read, I will give her that. But the majority of this is performative bullshit, littered with inaccuracies and hypocrisy. She is TOTALLY dismissive of the experience of women, sorry, cis, women, who have experienced misogyny. She is totally reductive (something she accuses us of) and laughably talks about transphobia and abuse and the use of acronyms, whilst simultaneously smearing the word TERF across the screen every 2 minutes or so just in case we'd forgotten it existed as a term of abuse. Our biology and our experiences of being a woman do not mean tit and the trans community have it far worse than anyone. She is obsessed with Rowling (or Joanne as she keeps calling her) and is far too smug for her own good.

• Heart
Slightly OT but I just wanted to say I bleeping love J.K Rowling. Forever grateful to her for speaking out the way she did.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Dying in ch
Sorry if this has been posted before, and sorry if this horrifies anyone. I’m genuinely mortified by this statement, and at first I thought it was sarcasm but it isn’t. I’m just.. momentarily speechless 😶

View attachment 453516
Dying in childbirth!? Wtf?? Am I going crazy? I read that as if.. they’re at a disadvantage that they can’t experience dying at childbirth!?

View attachment 453516
Who the eff WANTS fibroids or to die of childbirth? WTAF. Why do some INSIST on not being left out of such conditions?! Make it make sense!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
So I lurk on transgender Reddit pages sometimes.. just to piss myself off.. but I also like to know what that community are saying, anyway ... check this post out from a transgender woman
64E044D3-765D-4C61-97C4-3C3406400541.jpeg
how anyone can not see the misogyny here is completely beyond me.. they’re basically saying that to be a woman is to be submissive

• Wow
  • Sad
I have never heard of a case of someone being turned down for a home for being trans. I do think the "Why would the letting agent even care?" statement is perhaps a bit naive. I have heard of people being turned down for homes for being gay, "the wrong religion", and not married (seriously).

Again, I haven't heard of this happening (and you think it would be in the media if there was a case of it given how much steam these stories seem to get) but I don't doubt it could.
I don't know what it's like in the UK but most letting agents here are going to be more interested in your bank balance and salary- usually bank statements and payslips are requested.

And if someone was turned down for an apartment or house it would be hard to prove it was because of xyz- there will be other applicants and not everyone can get it.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.