Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet another example of double standards, which is getting high traction.
Womxn vs men
πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Yup so far I've only gotten one answer as to why the double standard : womxn vs men. From the AGP user I shared earlier. It's so weird but makes sense.. should I share?

I find it very disheartening to hear people say they would vote for Trump because of his stance on trans rights. Trump is no friend of women and has zero interest in women's rights or healthcare. Voting for him because of your feelings about gender ideology would be cutting off your nose to spite your face. He is a white supremacist and, evidence seems to show, a rapist. His abhorrent views aside, he is as thick as two short planks and a danger to all of us. Depressing that any person with a brain, feminist or otherwise, would even countenance the idea of voting for him.

Reactions: 14
I find it very disheartening to hear people say they would vote for Trump because of his stance on trans rights. Trump is no friend of women and has zero interest in women's rights or healthcare. Voting for him because of your feelings about gender ideology would be cutting off your nose to spite your face. He is a white supremacist and, evidence seems to show, a rapist. His abhorrent views aside, he is as thick as two short planks and a danger to all of us. Depressing that any person with a brain, feminist or otherwise, would even countenance the idea of voting for him.
I get that .. honestly I just don't know what to do personally but I really think that he will attract voters because of his stance on this.

Reactions: 2
I said I wouldn't vote for him because of all the things you noted! I would vote Biden. And Hillary in 2016.

What many of us noted though is sadly Republicans are the ones who would end the extreme trans rhetoric. Sadly I do think Trump will get a second term.

Well, it isn't just Trump. It's about the judges he appoints, and there are plenty of down-ticket GOP. I have some research ahead of me. Free speech is becoming the most important issue for me, mostly because I just assumed it was America's oxygen before and I wouldn't need to think about it.

I said I wouldn't vote for him because of all the things you noted! I would vote Biden. And Hillary in 2016.

What many of us noted though is sadly Republicans are the ones who would end the extreme trans rhetoric. Sadly I do think Trump will get a second term.
I wasn't singling you out. I think he will get a second term, too. My point was simply that we shouldn't vote against our own interests just because we are angry about the trans movement.

I wonder if the tide will turn against gender ideology as we all start to learn more? For a long time I, naively, thought that "trans" meant transexual. I have been shocked to learn about the extremes of the trans movement, especially when it comes to children. Janice Turner and JK Rowling were the first people to open my eyes to the extent of this. Janice Turner has written a couple of excellent pieces in The Times about Mermaids.

I met a friend on Sunday and I brought up the issue of JKR being 'cancelled' to see what her view is. She and I share political and social viewpoints and I was keen to hear her thoughts. She responded as I expected actually - "what a shame that JKR did this, it's made people question their love for Harry Potter etc etc". When I started to share what I have learned about trans ideology, though, she started to agree with me that it is going too far and that SEX IS IMMUTABLE! I genuinely can't believe this is up for debate. Both my friend and I want everyone to live in peace without the threat of abuse or discrimination, but that doesn't mean we need to opt into an ideology that denies science and fact.

What I really noticed while trying to converse with my friend is how difficult it was for me to be articulate because talking about gender ideology requires constant mental gymnastics. It is so confusing to wrap one's head around "men get periods" etc. I had to keep stopping myself mid-sentence to gather the right terminology. Madness.

I joined r/gendercritical only yesterday and only managed a few hours before being notified that the sub had been banned by Reddit. I couldn't believe it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I wasn't singling you out. I think he will get a second term, too. My point was simply that we shouldn't vote against our own interests just because we are angry about the trans movement.

I wonder if the tide will turn against gender ideology as we all start to learn more? For a long time I, naively, thought that "trans" meant transexual. I have been shocked to learn about the extremes of the trans movement, especially when it comes to children. Janice Turner and JK Rowling were the first people to open my eyes to the extent of this. Janice Turner has written a couple of excellent pieces in The Times about Mermaids.

I met a friend on Sunday and I brought up the issue of JKR being 'cancelled' to see what her view is. She and I share political and social viewpoints and I was keen to hear her thoughts. She responded as I expected actually - "what a shame that JKR did this, it's made people question their love for Harry Potter etc etc". When I started to share what I have learned about trans ideology, though, she started to agree with me that it is going too far and that SEX IS IMMUTABLE! I genuinely can't believe this is up for debate. Both my friend and I want everyone to live in peace without the threat of abuse or discrimination, but that doesn't mean we need to opt into an ideology that denies science and fact.

What I really noticed while trying to converse with my friend is how difficult it was for me to be articulate because talking about gender ideology requires constant mental gymnastics. It is so confusing to wrap one's head around "men get periods" etc. I had to keep stopping myself mid-sentence to gather the right terminology. Madness.

I joined r/gendercritical only yesterday and only managed a few hours before being notified that the sub had been banned by Reddit. I couldn't believe it.
Yes! You are so right. It is really difficult to be articulate about it.

Reactions: 6
Well, it isn't just Trump. It's about the judges he appoints, and there are plenty of down-ticket GOP. I have some research ahead of me. Free speech is becoming the most important issue for me, mostly because I just assumed it was America's oxygen before and I wouldn't need to think about it.
what's that?

what's that?
It's a phrase to describe all the senators, congress(wo)men, state officials, and local officials that are also GOP or Democrat, or a third party. They probably have more power over protecting women locally, honestly. So even if Trump is awful, you could still vote Biden and the rest GOP. This is what I meant by having research to do.

Edit: it's also called "down ballot," because it's lower in the ballot or ticket you vote on.

Reactions: 3
Lol. A satire comedian.

Another good account.

LOL.

WTF. Hell no. Women with endometriosis don't even get this kind of help.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.