Gender Discussions #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it just me or are they disproportionately attacking women of colour?? As if they don't have enough to be dealing with!
Oh there's some hate on black women going on there, threads calling them all sorts of names I won't repeat, calling them manly/men, "if they're women why aren't trans women women?". If you dig on twitter the replies and tweets you can find are heinous.

It's all fine and dandy to use bws to support the cause but they turn on them quick

Is it just me or are they disproportionately attacking women of colour?? As if they don't have enough to be dealing with!
My favourite reply to that thread I shared: wouldn't have happened if she hadn't said things that were transphobic - the equivalent of: wouldn't have been raped if she had worn more conservative clothes.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Oh there's some hate on black women going on there, threads calling them all sorts of names I won't repeat, calling them manly/men, "if they're women why aren't trans women women?". If you dig on twitter the replies and tweets you can find are heinous.

It's all fine and dandy to use bws to support the cause but they turn on them quick

My favourite reply to that thread I shared: wouldn't have happened if she hadn't said things that were transphobic - the equivalent of: wouldn't have been raped if she had worn more conservative clothes.
They're quickly making enemies of everyone: black women, white women, lesbians, gay people, bi people, whilst simultaneously using all of the above to hide behind and/or hijack their movements. I'm so mad!!

Reactions: 10
They're quickly making enemies of everyone: black women, white women, lesbians, gay people, bi people, whilst simultaneously using all of the above to hide behind and/or hijack their movements. I'm so mad!!
all WOC that female/male language is colonizer talk applies to a lot of people round the world.

Reactions: 2
Trans activists have NO IDEA how racist they're being when they describe black women are as a sub-category of “woman“ (i.e. the default being white women). Unbelievable.

Reactions: 14
right why not focus on the men who date them then kill them, but no the term female anatomy is offensive
I might have the wrong end of the stick here, but there was a 2018 UK stat that said 61% of women were killed by a current or former partner.

So maybe not just an issue faced by the trans community???

Maybe, as a sisterhood we could work together to find a solution???

Reactions: 2
I might have the wrong end of the stick here, but there was a 2018 UK stat that said 61% of women were killed by a current or former partner.

Honestly the extremists don't care about issues affecting natal women it seems.

Reactions: 5

The ‘sisterhood‘ has been trying to work to find a solution to male violence for centuries. If only we’d been woke enough to realise that inviting trans women into the fold years ago could have helped us prevent all these female deaths at the hands of males. You know the MANY THOUSANDS of deaths since god was a girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm sorry but to me "sisterhood" is a bit trivialising. This is not some fluffy comedy movie where we join forces to defeat men and high five each other at the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Quite. Yet another example of the fetishisation of womanhood.

Must dash, I'm off to have a pillow fight in my underwear.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
r/detrans was banned and then unbanned. Bit weird.

It would be incredibly cruel for that sub to be banned. It’s a valuable resource for so many vulnerable people who don’t really have anywhere else to talk openly about their experience as detransitioners. TRA’s want to shut them up and you have to ask yourself why. They make up lies about the sub about how it’s terfs posting fake stories but if you go and see for yourself you can see that’s not the case and that these are real people’s experiences, some of them heartbreaking and many of them pointing out flaws in trans rhetoric. It’s important imo that these people are not shut down and forgotten about in this debate because they have something valuable to add to it. Unfortunately what they have to add isn’t exactly pro trans so no Wonder Reddit admin TRA’s want them gone.

Reactions: 6
In regards to several threads being banned, even threads that were just for lesbians that wanted to be with other females, this is what I found.
Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 10.25.39 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 10.25.58 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 10.26.23 pm.png

• Wow
Reactions: 7
In regards to several threads being banned, even threads that were just for lesbians that wanted to be with other females, this is what I found. View attachment 178264View attachment 178265View attachment 178266
“It makes wom*n mad so I say go for it”

Yikes. The misogyny is strong. duck women’s rights eh, duck the rights of your mothers your sisters your daughters etc, making women mad is so bleeping funny isn’t it. Only the bio ones though. The Male women are off limits you see as making them mad would be transphobic. Top comedy. Us wimmin and our emotional hormones. Tale as old as time🙄

• Angry
Reactions: 9
They hate us. I'm on twitter and I see it all the time, women taking down posts on facebook regarding vaginal issues/pregnancy etc.. NOTHING ABOUT TRANS PEOPLE and they get called out, told it's offensive. Then they take the post down and beg forgiveness to the TRA gods.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.